From the Back Cover
The outspoken guide that helpsyou find your inner cheapskate
- Free Music: Classical music, jazz quartets, and cutting-edge bands.
- Free Speech: A-list plays, quick-witted comedy, and readings by the world's hottest authors.
- Free Food: The best happy hours, plus where to score delectabledirt-cheap eats––from the city's best burger to a sit-down meal in Soho.
- Free Films: Outdoors and indoors, from indies to cult faves.
- Free Classes: Take a morning tai chi class, learn to identify a good cabernet, or find out how to start your own business.
"In the land of $49 burgers and $1,000-a-night hotel rooms, author Ethan Wolff shows that the adventurous budgettraveler can still do the Big Apple in style. Written forresidents as well as visitors, this guide has plenty of goodclear maps and a chapter of free and cheap itineraries."
—San Francisco Chronicle
"Great info . . . This irreverent insider's guide gets points for flagging overrated attractions."
—The Washington Post
"When Ethan told me he was a specialist in adventure travel, I didn't realize that meant trying to find $5 dates in New York City."
—Janet Baca, former girlfriend
Book your trip and findgreat deals at Frommers.com
About the Author
is a native New Yorker (born and raised in Virginia, but that was a geographic anomaly). He lives in the heart of the Bargin District, on the Lower East Side. His other books include Frommer's Irreverent Guide to Manhattan
and Frommer's Memorable Walks in New York