5.0 out of 5 stars one needs to know what a bargin costs, December 8, 2011
For those who travel without a budget, this text is irrelevant. For those who would like to have a reference to what one may expect in cost, this text is highly relevant even if slightly outdated. To know a bargain, one must know its value.

4.0 out of 5 stars joy in paris, March 7, 2004
This review is from: Frommer's Paris from $90 a Day (Frommer's $ A Day) (Paperback)
i recently returned from my first trip to paris. in preparation, i reviewed multiple guidebooks and took with me two. the four i considered most promising were let's go paris, rough guide paris, frommers paris from $90 and fodors paris.
of these, after the trip, i must say that let's go paris was the most helpful with copious useful maps and tips, in addition to accurate and abundant recommendations on housing, dining and entertainment. frommers was the second most useful in planning and understanding the city.
although i thought that the rough guide would be beneficial, the maps were limited in detail and annotation. also, dining etc was not listed by arrondissements which made searching very difficult.
fodors was nice, but not particularly useful for the moderate income traveler compared to the others. frommers paris i briefly reviewed but found much less useful than this frommers guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Skrimp and the Splurge!, April 11, 2009
I just love this book! I love the layout where they recommend not only where to stay on budget but what are worthy of spending a little extra for.

As a reasonably experienced international traveler I've learned that if you spend too little or too much you can wind up missing the place you've gone to see. Like Baby Bear's bed, this one is just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always faithfully useful!, April 15, 2014
I have been using Frommer guides for over 20 years. They are consistently helpful with every aspect of going anywhere. I love their maps, the suggestions on where to eat and stay and their general ease of use. I'm so glad you can still get the actual paper back versions. Others may love their tablets but I like the tactile feel of the book and the sense that some live human being has actually been to all these places and can guide me through them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved my adventures in Peru!!, January 5, 2004
By A Customer
Frommer's helped me to see so much of what I was hoping to see. With the planning that I was able to do with the guidebook, I experienced everything that I imagined the country could be and more. The detailed descriptions within the book helped me to pick out the venues that I knew I had to visit. And they were so beautiful....

Frommer's Paris from $90 a Day (Frommer's $ A Day)
Frommer's Paris from $90 a Day (Frommer's $ A Day) by Haas H. Mroue (Paperback - December 19, 2003)
Used & New from: $0.01