From the Publisher
This brand-new guide explores the highlights of Turkey, one of the crossroads of world civilizationan amazing and diverse treasure trove of architectural styles and ancient ruins, most of which are still being excavated.
This guide shows readers how to navigate the chaotic bustle of Istanbul; where to buy a rug and how to get the best deal; where to find the best and most undiscovered ruins; how to chart a successful sailing trip along the Mediterranean coast; which beach resorts not to miss and which to avoid like the plague; the ins and outs of getting a Turkish bath; and how to have an unforgettable Cappadocia experience by staying in a hotel carved out of one of the regions limestone caves. Readers also get language and etiquette tips, exact prices and directions, logistical advice, detailed two-color maps, and much more.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommers, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommers. Your guide to a world of travel experience.
Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
- Complete coverage of architectural ruins, artistic masterpieces, glorious beaches, and more.
- Outspoken opinions on whats worth your time and whats not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.