5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just hot
Published on May 30, 2011 by HealthNoob

3.0 out of 5 stars Country of origin?
I thought this was a pretty decent product but the country of origin is not specified so I can only give it 3 stars. I am trying to avoid food grown in China so the country of origin is important to me.
Published 22 months ago by Brandon

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just hot, May 30, 2011
This review is from: Frontier Chili Peppers Ground, Cayenne 90,000 Hu, 16 Ounce Bags (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
I've recently gone on a health kick. One of my new regimens is taking cayenne pepper on a daily basis. I knew the small grocery store containers wouldn't be very economical for my purpose and had also read that the hotter the pepper the better so I went straight to Amazon. Of all of the different offerings I found, this one seemed to be the best deal. I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered it but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It came in two separate mylar bags of 1lb. each. The bags aren't resealable so I had to put it into another container. I found that one bag fits perfectly into a 1 quart Mason jar. I will say that taking cayenne pepper all by itself is not an easy thing to do, but I'm getting used to it. It helps that this pepper has an excellent flavor. It's not all heat. So, whether you are using it in a recipe, making your own hot sauce or taking it as a daily supplement, I think you will be satisfied with the flavor and heat of Frontier's ground chili peppers. And the price is hard to beat.

For those of you who are new to taking cayenne pepper as a daily supplement or are considering it, here's my experience: The first time I tried it I used 1tsp. in 8oz. of warm water as a sort of tea as I had read on several different natural health forums. I found that it was way too hot for me and 8oz. of it was a lot more than I could make myself drink. My next attempt was 1tsp. dumped on the back of my tongue and washed down with plenty of cold water.. around 16oz. I found that this was bearable, but that a full teaspoon was a lot to swallow. Much of it fell to the side between my cheek and gums... not pleasant. I have since reduced the amount to 1/2tsp and found this to be optimum for me. Surprisingly, there were no ill affects such as heartburn or reflux for me and have read that it will cure stomach ulcers. My only warning is not to take it on an empty stomach. My wife did that the first time she tried it and I'm not sure if I'll ever get her to try it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - Hot Cayenne! Great product., May 16, 2010
Frank Russello (Guilford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
Finding good and hot Cayenne has been challenging for me - until now.
I've bought Cayenne pepper at grocery stores, specialty stores, mail order, and at fairs.
Sometimes they've been OK, sometimes pretty bad. This Cayenne pepper is Outstanding!

Be aware, this is not the wimpy Cayenne you would buy at the grocery store. This stuff is really hot - and that is exactly what I have been looking for. I have a very high tolerance for heat. I literally use Tabasco sauce for salad dressing. I cannot taste any heat with typical crushed red pepper or store bought Cayenne. But I get a good kick from this stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Hot Cayenne Pepper, October 23, 2010
Jeffrey Howell (Sandpoint, ID United States) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for cayenne pepper that really packs a punch, this is it. I have been taking cayenne to try and improve blood circulation to my hands and feet. I have Type 1 diabetes and am concerned about the long term effects of this disease. Honestly I hate taking this stuff, but I definitely feel the benefits I am looking for, not sure if it is improved blood circulation or the anti-inflammatory properties of cayenne....or if these 2 properties go hand in hand, but my hands, feet and overall body condition feels consistently better (except for the discomfort of the first 20 minutes) when I take my daily morning dose.

Here is what I do. I put about an inch of warm water in a glass, add about a teaspoon of honey, then I add about 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, then add about 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne (90K SHU), stir and....gulp!

I only use a little bit of water so that I can gulp it down. The honey and the lemon juice mask some of the power of the pepper. I have heard that you build up a tolerance to this stuff...I have been taking this for about a month now, daily, and I have not been able to move beyond a 1/4 teaspoon without painful consequences.

Good luck in your pursuit of health!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Cayenne I have ever used!, September 14, 2012
Jesy (Fairfield, CT) - See all my reviews
After thorough research, I decided to purchase this Cayenne and this is the best product I have ever used to aid in losing weight and slimming my tummy after birth. I have used it for about 8 months now and still have it in stock. I have recommended it to a number of friends who were wondering how I keep fit. I don't do extreme extreme workouts and don't like them and so Cayenne has really helped me along with minimal home workouts.

Okay this is my story. I had a baby a few years ago. My initial weight was 149 lbs and by the time I was going into the delivery room, I was 226 lbs. After a couple of weeks after having my son, I was stuck at 203lbs. I decided enough was enough and started digging. I used weight loss pills, etc but nothing really worked out. I came to Amazon and started doing my search, going through reviews and researching the internet about several products offered and finally came across this particular Cayenne and this is the best thing that ever happened to my weight loss journey.

I started with a quarter of a teaspoon because it was just too hot and I am now using half in food. I use it on my lunch and dinner (I sprinkle a half teaspoon on every meal after cooking (in my plate after serving)).

I also drink it twice a day in the morning and in the evening. I take a cup of cold water, squeeze half a lemon in it, then add a teaspoon of cayenne powder in it, stir it and quickly gulp it down.

I also work out for about 30 minutes a day, 3 or 4 times a week doing cardio on my treadmill. I also try to eat healthy as much as I can. Eating foods with high fiber, fruits, vegetables, lean meat, etc.

Long story short, I am now weighing 140lbs and have stuck to this routine. I would recommend it to anyone especially if you want to lose some pounds and don't like taking pills, or working out too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delish!, July 30, 2011
I'm probably one of those weirdos who can tolerate a LOT of heat, so, this review is coming from someone who loves her hot stuff.

Anyhoo, this is definitely HOT but not anything near scorching hot where you can't appreciate the flavor of the pepper itself. This cayenne has a nice sweet fruitiness coupled with the heat which I really dig.

For those of you who are not used to a lot of heat, go easy on yourself at first and gradually work up to more or you might be visiting the toilet in a tumultuous rush.

My only disappointment is that this is not organic. Why is it that all of the super hot cayenne is non-organic? Is it because the peppers are so hot that they repel bugs naturally and are already 'organic' by proxy of their natural repellent factor? LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy!, August 31, 2010
This cayenne pepper is GREAT! This has real spice to it. All the other cayenne peppers I've used have had sort of a dirty flavor with not much heat, but this one is clean and HOT. You only have to use a little bit to get that kick in your food. Which makes it great for seasoning and very economical. I recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Potent and a great price, August 15, 2009
I bought this to discourage wildlife from munching on my garden. It's REALLY potent. I've never seen so much cayenne pepper in one place before. Great price compared to the supermarket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontier Brand 90,000 HU rocks!, January 4, 2010
I haven't ordered this 16 ounce bag, so can't vouch for that, but will say I think one should be careful when opening it, because this pepper is HOT! Try not to breathe... I've had a jar that I just finished of this pepper, and had it for 10 years and it was HOT HOT HOT until the very end. I can't even believe I had it that long, but you only need a little bit, and I have a high tolerance for spicy hot foods. Seriously, why bother with any other brand. Desperate for more cayenne, I recently purchased the only brand they had at a near by supermarket, and need to return it. It's not hot at all. Frontier is awesomely great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Hot Stuff; a little to Spicy for me., October 16, 2010
Extremely Hot Stuff; a little to Spicy for me. If you like burning hot then this is for you. :)

Good product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Kick, October 16, 2010
I'm pretty new to taking Cayenne Pepper on a daily basis. I just graduated from the McCormick grocery store Cayenne Pepper. Although this pepper is not nearly as hot as I expected it to be, it definitely has a lot of kick and a great taste. Also, the shipment arrived much earlier than expected.