Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Package Quantity: 2|Change

on December 5, 2010
Best cinnamon I have found and used in over 45 years of Baking.
I am a repeat customer for this Frontier Cinnamon Powder (Korintje / A Grade (3% oil).
On my first order, I found reviews stating the 3% Oil was a much stronger flavor and aroma than normal cinnamon (Such as McCormick's), and others just CAN"T COMPARE. AND that the Korintje cinnamon was equivalent to cinnamon so popular from CINNABUNS.
I have won several ribbons for my baking, and have had some of my receipes published. I now have reqular orders and some special orders from customers that consider my Carrot Cake among the best. I give some of that credit to the use of this cinnamon in my carrot CAKE receipe, and my husband "RAVES" for my STICKY BUNS with pecans. I first considered and tried using less of the cinnamon, than originally called for in my receipes. (And that works well, and makes for less cost for the receipe). But I have found (including suggestion from my husband) that using the same amount as originally called for in the recipes, just ADDS to the flavor and robust aroma of the baked goods.
on February 17, 2011
This is the brand that Pampered Chef sells for an outrageous amount of money for a tiny amount. Cinnabon uses this type of cinnamon as well. This price is perfect, please don't raise it, and the flavor is phenomenal! My product arrived with an issue and the seller promptly (within 3 hours of sending my email to them) corrected it. I've never had service like that before from an internet purchase or otherwise. I will order again and try more of their products.

I have Saigon cinnamon in my house that I'm finishing up and this is far more fragrant than the Saigon cinnamon or any other cinnamon I've ever tried. You won't regret buying this product or dealing with this seller.
on January 22, 2010
This was the best cinnamon I have ever used. Be careful as it is almost too flavorful.
on March 17, 2011
After reading reviews I decided to order this cinnamon and boy it knocked my socks off!! My husband went crazy for it and had me order even more! I used it in my oatmeal and couldn't believe how delicious it was! It's strong and flavorful so be prepared!! Like my husband said, a little sugar and this cinnamon and he could eat anything!
on July 27, 2012
This Korintje Cinnamon tastes much more vibrant and has the sharp sting of cinnamon, similar to Big Red (chewing gum). This type of cinnamon would be great for desserts, such as the Korean Soo Chung Gwa (Cinnamon drink), but I would not recommend it for non-bakery foods. Because it is so fragrant with a sharp cinnamon sting, I think that using it in sauces for meats might make it too overpowering. It is excellent for bakeries and cinnamon rolls though!
I also made some Gingerbread Cake and the Korintje cinnamon is what made mine tastes just like the Whole Foods Market's famous gingerbread sold at their bakeries. When compared to McCormick's cinnamon, I could taste a significant difference. McCormick's tastes more flat and dull, which may be good for meat or recipes where you want only a light cinnamon flavor (like Pho). Frontier's Korintje cinnamon tastes sharp and stingy, with a strong fragrance.
on March 10, 2013
I was dissapointed in this cinnamon. I've been using McCormack or Watkins Saigon cinnamon on my oatmeal, but when I saw this was the "Cinnabon" cinnamon and read the reviews, I decided to try it since I love the fragrance and taste of Cinnabon. I've been using about twice as much of this on my oatmeal and getting half the flavor. No kick to it, and very little fragrance. I haven't used it for baking yet. Hopefully it will be better for that. On the plus side, the price was good.
on February 19, 2012
After doing a bit of research on Cinnabon, "What makes their buns so special?!" I decided to give this a try... The results were amazing.

I use this product professionally, from my cinnamon rolls, homemade cinnamon-sugar cake doughnuts to using it in Indian food. It is never bitter like the chemical versions can be. It's also nice to know what we really are eating... tree bark.

I also use it for mulled cider and on top of hot coffee drinks. People ask me why my stuff seems to taste better -- I think it has a lot to do with this product.
on January 5, 2013
I read a lot of conflicting info on which was the BEST cinnamon (I'm talking about taste not the health benefits). It was down to the Ceylon and the Korintje. I was looking for the taste closest to Cinnabon's Makara® Cinnamon. I took 2 photos showing 3 different cinnamon. (See photos)

I made sure to buy the same brand of the 2. What I find:

1. The cinnamon in the front is Kirkland brand and IMO equal to the others. Once I go thru all this cinnamon I will most likely go back to it.

2. The Korintje is a darker cinnamon leaning towards the red side. Kirkland is more brown. Ceylon had a yellowish brown hue to it.

3. The Korintje had a sweeter taste (think cinnamon rolls, apple pie, coffee cake). Ceylon seems to have a HINT of heat to it (think red hots, big red, cinnamon toothpicks). Though I have read where ppl say the opposite, so this is only my opinion.

4. If you are looking at cinnamon for health benefits. You want the Ceylon. It's lower in coumarin for taking it at therapeutic levels. If you are using it for cooking, either will work (you aren't using no where near as much).

5. If you are looking for the closest to the Makara® that would be the Korintje in color and taste.

If I had to pick one of the 2 Frontier cinnamon, I'd go with the Korintje. IMO it's sweeter and the color is more appealing to me. I also mainly bake w/ cinnamon so like the sweeter side.

Update: 5/18/13
I mix this w/ the Ceylon cinnamon and have found that to be as close as it gets to Cinnabon. Makara Cinnamon from Indonesian mountains is what Cinnabon uses but to my knowledge it is only available to Cinnabon. I have done taste tests of my homemade cinnamon rolls to Cinnabon w/ family, friends and neighbors and surprisingly they always pick MINE as better tasting. I uploaded photos of my very 1st attempt at cinnamon rolls; they have greatly improved since that time (in looks and flavor).
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 11, 2012
I cannot say just how superior this cinnamon is.......I LOVE cinnamon but never expected there were different types/varieties. THIS is the ONE YOU WANT for flavor AND health benefits. A must have foe those of you who love cinnamon!! FAST shipping and great price1 THANK YOU GREAt seller a superior product
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 12, 2015
I love this cinnamon and being able to buy a large bag of it at once. I am a crafter and I use cinnamon in my doll making .. the dolls clothing and fabric body is often dusted with cinnamon to give it a pleasant aroma.... and I love this cinnamon for this. I have used it in cooking also and it has a nice pleasant cinnamon taste to it as well and in baking it the aroma makes your mouth water. I have had this same bag since 2013 and even with the bag slightly open, it still carries its pleasant cinnamon aroma... I have bought korintje Cinnamon many times in the past. I was a bit slow in writing this review..