Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 31, 2010
the quality of the product is great! The metallic wrapping will keep it fresh forever.
I suffer from migraines, and this has been the only thing that helps, it beats any over the counter
and prescription meds. I take one teaspoon with 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and within 15 minutes my pain is gone
also works wonders on my joints and muscle pain.
now I'm a believer on natural remedies, I was by far the most skeptical person, and had long arguments with my brother about it! I will only believe in what the doctor will prescribe, and was I wrong!!!
if you suffer from headaches or arthritis give this a try!! it does not taste bad at all.
77 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 20, 2011
The packaging of this spice is superior to other packaging methods I've experienced. The color is vibrant and aroma excellent. I've used this in rice dishes so far and plan to develop more ways to get it in my family's diet. I've seen on many sites and in other reviews advice to use turmeric with oil (olive oil would probably be ideal) to aid absorption. Absorption is the goal because this isn't just food; it's medicinal.

The active ingredient is curcumin. This product claims at least 5% curcumin. Turmeric typically has a range of curcumin between 2% - 6%. Curcumin is responsible for the dramatic and many health effects of this spice. It helps against inflammation, diarrhea, arthritis and a lot more. The one getting a lot of attention now is to aid against the prevention of Alzheimer disease. There are studies on this so it's not official yet. I guess it's semi-official if you think about all the doctors behind this movement and some statistics about populations that use turmeric.

The spice is agreeable in many dishes in combination with other flavors.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2012
Frontier has never let me down in any of the spices I have ordered. All of them are delivered fresh and quickly in resealable dark bags for longer freshness and flavor. That being said, I would love to recommend Turmeric for many, many other reasons. If you don't know the health benefits of Turmeric, please take a few moments to research them as there are many. I use Turmeric for its anti inflammation properties and anti cancer properties. It is helpful in weight loss and brain function as well as energy. Currently I am using it in my dogs food daily. He is an 11 year old French Bulldog who we just adopted from a shelter. He came to us with seizures but now has a tumor growing on his mouth. His doctor says at this point there isn't much we can do as it is most likely brain cancer. After a few hours of crying I researched Turmeric and dogs and found that many tumors have been reduced by adding a Tbs. or more in their food daily. I've been doing it for about a week and is really does look much better. Knock on wood this will help him. I've been drinking Turmeric in my water with cayenne pepper, ginger, lemon juice and aloe vera for quite a while and I've never felt better. I use it to keep my hands pain free. I am a massage therapist who does deep tissue and I really have to keep inflammation out of my body. Great product, great price and phenomenal company to purchase from.
on August 7, 2013
Excellent color, aroma and freshness. States 5% Curcumin on the package and the color is a gorgeous, vibrant yellow I was hoping for. The flavor has that light flowery taste that I absolutely love about turmeric.

From my past purchase of Turmeric from Starwest Botanicals, it seems turmeric can be a hit or miss with color, taste, aroma. I've had beautiful, bright, tasty batches and peppery, ugly, not so pretty batches from the same manufacturer. I suppose you can't really control what nature coughs up from year to year.

Anyway, I was so relieved this was a good batch (received early August 2013) since I ordered a set of three. The lot number on mine was: Lot# 202-3119

Tips:

1). I pour a whole pound in a mason quart jar and put a tight plastic lid on and keep it in a dark, cool cupboard to keep fresh for easily two years.

2). If using for health purposes, be sure to add pepper (the Piperine in pepper helps activate the Curcumin)and be sure to add a fat to help digestibility (i.e., coconut oil, milk, butter etc.).

3). If you should accidentally stain some of your clothing, dishes or cutlery with turmeric, rub with bleach and rinse well. Beware of porous clay-ware unless you don't mind yellow clay.

Many blessings and health to everyone.
on June 21, 2011
I received this before the estimated shipping date. Excellent service. I have been using this product for almost a month now. It is not organic but Non-radiated. I wanted the 5% curcumin so that's why I opted for the non-organic. The taste is wonderful, better than the store bought Turmeric. My mother who is 80, has noticed that she has been able to sleep through the night. Her shooting pain that runs down her legs used to keep her up at night has gone. She has more energy, better digestion and less brain-fog. My husband has diabetes & a cholesterol problem. We will know about that on his next blood work. In all I was very satisfied with the service and the product. I would purchase again.
on December 16, 2012
Having expected a minimum 5% Curcumin product, I was a bit disappointed when the packaging clearly stated "minimum 4% Curcumin." As Turmeric Root products increase in value with the percentage of Curcumin they contain, 1% does, in fact make a difference in terms of value. However, this purchase was still a much better deal and superior quality to anything I was able to find in local stores.
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2011
I bought some of Frontier's organic tumeric at our local health food store. Dr. Russel Blaylock, neurosurgeon and author of The Blaylock Wellness Report says tumeric must be mixed with an oil in order to be absorbed. He suggests olive oil or fish oil.

Life Extension Foundations sells products like tumeric and they mix it with peperine (black pepper) for better absorption.

PureBulk sells powders and it says about their product: "PureBulk offers an extract of turmeric which has been standardized to 95% curcuminoids (the active constituent in turmeric)."

So I don't understand what the minimum 5% curcumin means on the Frontier product. Does it mean that PureBulk's product has 95% and this product only has 5% curcumin? Maybe someone could explain this.

I have taken the Frontier's organic product for a couple days now and it seems to help brain inflammation. My brain was poisoned when a dentist drilled into a silver amalgam filling and let the mercury vapor go into my brain. You can google my name along with mercury to find out how to avoid toxic dentistry.

PureBulk does not say their product is organic.
55 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2015
I use turmeric as a face mask to help lighten up acne scars, heal existing acne, and an overall preventative measure for aging. If you have issues with the yellow curcumin staining your skin, try adding more of an oil that agrees with your skin into your mask formula. For example hemp oil has a 0 rating on the comedogenicity scale and has a high ratio of linoleic (omega-6) to oleic fatty acids which **~may~** help "soften" sebum in pores, as acne-prone skin has been found to have more "sticky" sebum and more oleic acid. Needless to say don't use hemp if you are sensitive to it, and just use your favorite skin oil! It is not a miracle for acne but it definitely is an extremely low cost and effective treatment if used for over a month (or two months). I used turmeric on my face for an entire summer, 3-4x a week for at least an hour, and my skin went from moderate severe with several painful cysts to light acne and mostly little small pimples, and most of my scars faded away. It is messy and kind of a hassle no doubt, but think of it as a character building undertaking ;).
I have been able to easily wash the yellow off of my marble bathroom counters and porcelain sink, but it is much harder (but not impossible) to get off linoleum kitchen counters.

I also take this turmeric internally by forming it into balls with a little black pepper, coconut oil, and honey that I swallow as supplements. I do not get joint pain and I never get issues with nasty burps or upset stomach by taking turmeric in this way (~ a tablespoon per ball). I have eczema on my hand and stopped using prescription and OTC steroid creams altogether about three months ago after two years of non-stop use, around the same time I started supplementing with turmeric. And I feel like the turmeric's anti-inflammatory properties have kept the eczema under control and I am slowly trying different approaches to heal the eczema completely. So far nothing disastrous has happened, and the itching hasn't been bad at all; it hasn't spread to more areas like it used to when I used the clobetasol cream, and I feel that turmeric has something to do with it.

Great healing herb that's waiting to be your friend.
on June 21, 2012
I believe that this product is not Organic as stated in the description. The label does not have an Organic seal, but a Kosher one (KSA). Also, the bar code on the product that I received matches what I found to be Frontier's Kosher turmeric (0-89836-00202-0) not their Organic turmeric (0-89836-02604-0). The product does appear to be of good quality, albeit potentially contaminated with Pesticides and Fungicides, etc.
on April 20, 2016
Just received this product. I had been using Tumeric powder from Bulk Supplements but wanted to try this new product based on a review I read plus the fact it is very cheap for the quantity. However, this Tumeric is a darker brown color vs the bright orange of Bulk Supplements and it does not have as sweet taste as BS nor the same oder. I'll see what my results are with my joints but I'm a little skeptical at this time.