5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE cinnamon, and the healthiest available!
Published 22 months ago by CQ DX

1.0 out of 5 stars The first jar that I received had the safety seal ...
The first jar that I received had the safety seal peeled back in 2 places; this replacement one also had the seal open with cinnamon spilling out. I do not feel safe using a food product that is not sealed. Not only should it have the seal tight under the cap, but it should have a plastic seal around the cap. I hope that I get refunded, since I do not feel safe eating...
Published 22 days ago by Diane

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE cinnamon, and the healthiest available!, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Frontier Natural Products Cinnamon, Og, Grnd Ceyln, Ft, 1.76-Ounce (Grocery)
'Ceylon' cinnamon is considered the TRUE cinnamon of all four main varieties available. It's flavor has less 'bite' to it than 'cassia' cinnamon, but for the frequent cinnamon consumer, it is also healthier. All the other cinnamons have a high level of a toxic ingredient called coumarin, while Ceylon cinnamon does not. This is a toxin which can adversely affect one's liver or kidneys when consumed in higher quantities. If you consume cinnamon on a frequent or daily basis, it behooves you to imbibe Ceylon cinnamon because of it's super low levels of coumarin. If you Google 'coumarin and cinnamon', there are some great articles out there that cover the subject. As for Ceylon cinnamon's flavor, it does taste like like a milder form of cinnamon, with many savory notes. It is sweet and a joy to use in puddings, ice cream, baked goods, oatmeals, and farina. I use it every day for it's taste and health benefits. It has quickly become my favorite cinnamon, and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tasting Cinnamon!, January 11, 2013
I have never NEVER spent this much money for a jar of cinnamon. I usually just get the $1 bottle at the dollar store. But after research and realizing the cheaper cinnamon is so terrible on your body. Be sure you buy Ceylin cinnamon. It does have such a better taste. Doesn't taster bitter, as the cheaper cinnamon does. And Frontier is a good company. They do NOT support child labor. they are a Fair Trade company and organic! Can't beat that :)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have never tried *real* cinnamon, you have to try this, January 31, 2013
Most of us have never actually had REAL cinnamon. What most of us get is something much less expensive (and much less intense in flavor) called "cassia bark". You will be astounded at the incredible range of flavors present in real cinnamon. it is like the difference between watching a movie in black and white and then suddenly switching to color. The spiciness of a "Red Hot" candy combined with the tanginess of something like fresh ginger, with peppery overtones, and a nose-tingling finish. If you bake, or just want something to sprinkle on your oatmeal in the morning - give this a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're diabetic, this is the cinnamon you're looking for., April 20, 2014
I'd heard for some time about cinnamon being good for people like me who have adult-onset diabetes, and I'd tried using cinnamon in both capsule form and as a spice added to my morning oatmeal, but with no noticeable result other than the pill form causing me some stomach irritation after a while. It was only recently that I found out that I was using the wrong kind of cinnamon. Apparently the cinnamon most people are familiar with - the kind most stores carry - is a different variety completely and not the kind recommended for diabetics. The "true" cinnamon - cinnamomum verum - is Ceylon (or Sri Lanka) cinnamon, whereas the cinnamon most people are familiar with is actually something called cassia cinnamon - the most common varieties known as Saigon cinnamon, China cinnamon and Indonesia cinnamon.

Ceylon cinnamon is milder in taste and contains much less of a substance called coumarin, which can cause liver and kidney problems in high concentrations. This may explain why I have not experienced the kind of stomach irritation from Ceylon cinnamon that I was getting from the capsules of cassia cinnamon.

Recommended as definitely worth a try, though I cannot attest yet to its actual effectiveness in helping with maintaining blood sugar levels.

Update as of 22 June: After having used this kind of cinnamon for a couple of months now, I have seen a noticeable drop on my fasting blood sugar levels over the last few weeks. I've also noticed that the differences from one day to the next have evened out somewhat so that I haven't been experiencing any big swings of the kind that had happened before. As this isn't anything like a controlled test, I can't say that this is solely the result of my using the Ceylon cinnamon. The only other differences in my diet and circumstances during this period is that I've been eating more beans and lentils and that I've lost about five pounds. Everything else has been about the same. My personal feeling is that the cinnamon has helped. At the very least, it certainly hasn't hurt and I like the taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceylon Cinnamon for health benefits, October 11, 2011
I found this Ceylon Cinnamon is a jar/spice section of the Whole Foods market in Calif. The name is Frontier Ceylon Cinnamon for, I think for something like $5.99. They had the cassia type-not real cinnamon-in the bulk spice section from Vietnam. The cassia type has coumarin and can be toxic. I wanted the Ceylon type for health reasons-good to lower blood pressure/cholesterol-1/2 tsp a day on toast, cereal, breads etc. can be beneficial says some articles on the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinnamon like it used to taste, January 9, 2014
Wonderful & delicate, with a surprising "spectrum" of flavors (because it's not that cheap cassia the supermarket tries to pass off as cinnamon). You may not be able eat the fake stuff after trying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great anti inflammatory, sweet, mild cinnamon, November 28, 2013
Lynn (Lewiston, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
If you have never tried organic Ceylon cinnamon, you are in for a treat. This is a milder, sweeter version than the stuff you buy in your grocery store. It has fantastic anti inflammatory benefits so think outside the box and use it often. I used some in a free-range chicken dish and it was delectable. Great on apples, gluten -free, steel cut oatmeal, and so much more. Let yourself explore and be creative. Oh, and throw away your "other" cinnamon, you won't want it anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the flavor, March 20, 2013
This is the first time purchasing organic Ceylon cinnamon. The difference between supermarket cinnamon and this is extraordinary.
A bad cold or flu hit with sore throat and cough. I mixed this cinnamon (1/4 tsp.) and raw honey (1 tsp.) together and it was a big, big help. I will definitely be searching out this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY Cinnamon to have!, December 22, 2013
I decided to give this a try and, BOY, am I GLAD I did. This is LUSCIOUS beyond words. Just a tiny amount if loaded with flavor. I put just a shake into my coffee grounds before brewing and it makes DELIGHTFUL coffee. (And cinnamon is good for Diabetics!) Can't wait to use it in my baking. I am inclined to buy another bottle just to have a backup in case I run out before remembering to order more. That's a "senior moment" issue for me. This is YUMMMMMY!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, March 20, 2014
I chose Ceylon cinnamon after reading up on the benefits of cinnamon. This is SO much better than the "normal" cinnamon you get at the grocery store! It's sweeter and has a nice flavor. I'll buy this again!