Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 8, 2013
The product I received was a cellophane bag labeled "Dried Prickly Ash (Red Pepper)" and not the Frontier brand as the photo and description would have you believe. My package had a label with a barcode stuck on top of the original barcode, perhaps to hide it from the Amazon scanners..

If you want Frontier brand, I suggest ordering from the Frontier site, or pick another brand (and make sure it is returnable before you buy)
on August 25, 2011
I have used Sichuan Peppercorns many times at my home in China. Since I cannot bring them in from China by myself, I tried ordering them through Amazon. I received a large bag that is filled with old, stale and basically tasteless peppercorns. Unfortunately they are not refundable, so I threw them out. This was a bad investment and a most disappointing transaction.
on November 3, 2012
I would only trust this company if they show you a photo of the trademark Frontier silver bag which all their foods come in.

I bought 2 and got some Chinese rip-off marked "Made in China" and (unlike Frontier's long-lasting storable bags) these were crumbly clear plastic and I could smell the product through the bag. I actually got a full refund because I wrote to Frontier and sent photos and they said they were false advertising. Now, it might be a different merchant, but still, they need to show a photo of the silver bag.

Here is the real deal:

[...]
on February 21, 2012
A third of the peppercorns was seeds and stems.
I had to spend a lot of time cleaning out the seeds and stems.
I was expecting a ready to use product.

Other than the need to clean out stems and seeds, the flavor is strong and tastes wonderful.
on September 30, 2013
I also received a bag of "Prickly Ash" which Sichuan Pepper is sometimes called... but it is NOT a Frontier product, and it was basically stale and junk. Do not be tempted. I will try to upload pictures of what I received, hopefully they will be accepted. And yes, they slapped a little tag on the back that said Frontier... but trust me, what these people are selling is not a Frontier product. No silver bag to start with. And Frontier sells 16 oz on their site for $40, so how could these folks sell it for $16?
on June 29, 2010
At last, a source for sparkling fresh, aromatic Sichuan pepper! This puts to shame all the withered flavorless pellets they sell by that name in spice shops and Chinatowns all over the country. Open the bag and a cold breeze flies over you; bite into a peppercorn and your whole mouth goes numb. Fantastic.
on September 11, 2010
To start... I received my package exactly 24 hours after placing it on the regular non-rushed shipment format!!
I opened the professionally sealed bag to a waft of spectacular, woodsy, smoky wonderfulness. The "peppercorns" are big and very fresh looking. The next day, having sealed the "peppercorns" in a ziplock bag, the smell in my kitchen is exquisite.
I am very excited to cook with these. I will be buying more spices from this company soon.
Product and delivery has more than exceeded expectation.
on September 1, 2010
This is the best Sichuan Peppercorns that I ever bought. They smell so wonderful, there is no comparison.
I just love the clean and fresh look of them. They are so much better than the one you got from China town.

They ship about 3 weeks after placing my order. I would order early next time.

Highly recommend this product to my friends.
on December 27, 2014
OK I ordered this bag of the "wild" peppercorns and the same thing in the same 16 oz. size of
"Whole Spice" brand. There was, and I showed it too 6 other guest at my house, two or three times as much volume in this package as in the other from "Whole Spice. We all agreed that this bag was heavier and it was not some sort of package illusion. There were small stems in both packages, and there were a few fatter stems, just three or four, in this brand but easily fished out of there as I roasted the peppercorns in my cast Iron dutch oven. The quality of the peppercorns was excellent. Wish you could smell them roasting......
on January 8, 2014
I was so happy to see this item on the website. But when I finally received the bag, I was disappointed!
The Sichuan Peppercorns are old and no flavor at all!
Will NOT recommend to anyone who is really looking for the real taste!!!

See 1 answered question