5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy and Healthy

3.0 out of 5 stars Different
Published on September 5, 2010 by Justin M. James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy and Healthy, October 31, 2009
This review is from: Frontier Vanilla Flavor (no Alcohol) Fair Trade Certified, 4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
For alcohol-free vanilla, this one is both delicious and healthy. It is great to cook with or to add to your 'raw' recipes, and the flavor is very true. There is no 'off' flavor that some vanillas can have. It has only glycerine and water as additional ingredients. Some other alcohol-free vanillas have corn syrup, and who wants corn syrup? This can be hard to find in some stores. Our local organic grocer seems to have trouble ordering it for me (that would be on them, not on Frontier), so ordering through Amazon has proven to be very convenient. Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, September 5, 2010
This has a very strong vanilla taste to it, but the glycerin has a strange after taste to it. If you are using it in recipes where it is not very diluted (like a beverage) you might notice it. It's a little thicker than normal vanilla extract too. But if you are looking for a vanilla extract without the taste of alcohol (like a milkshake) it's a good choice. I've been using it in my protein shakes and it tastes good.

J.Ja

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for Lattes and coffee drinks, September 14, 2010
Welshdog (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I use this all the time in lattes and frozen frappe coffee drinks. Very smooth and doesn't have that alcohol bite regular vanilla extract. A very small amount goes a long way. Seems expensive, but it lasts a long time. I highly recommend this if you want a smoother vanilla flavor for drinks. I have not tried it yet in baked goods, but it should work there too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontier Vanilla Flavor, Excellent Taste! (Gluten free, Alcohol free), August 14, 2012
I have been using Frontier Vanilla Flavor for over a year now. I absolutely love this Vanilla. Have used it in all my cooking, baking and protein shakes. Wonderful Bright Vanilla Taste, Yum Yum. . . I also love the texture, which is a little thicker than most Vanilla¡¦s.
Here are the Ingredients: Glycerin, Fair Trade Certified, Vanilla Bean Extractive, and Water.
For those of you who don¡¦t know what Glycerin is it is a natural product made from vegetable oil, often coconut or palm oil.

Read more: [...]
So, it¡¦s very safe. If you are having problems with Coconut and Palm Oil from which Vegetable Glycerin is made from please read, ¡§Know your Fats¡¨ The Complete Primer for Understanding the nutrition of Fats, Oils, and Cholesterol by Mary G. Enig, PH.D.

Anyway, Frontier Vanilla Flavor is a wonderful Vanilla to us in every baking, cooking and drink you can think of.

The next thing I have to mention is that Amazon.com and it¡¦s sellers do a wonderful job of replacing any bottles that come accidently open in shipping. My last shipment had some problems with a the seal being broken on one of the Vanilla Bottles and I immediately notified the seller and they immediately sent me a brand new bottle to replace the bad one. I was amazed at the service and will continued to buy from Amazon, because of their wonderful service. So, both the Frontier Vanilla Flavor and the Customer Services that quickly replaced my bad bottle deserve 5 healthy stars each. Which would give them 10 stars in my book. Thank you and yes, I will continue buying from Amazon, because of their wonderful quick service. I just thought I should mention that here also.

Oh one more thing. Frontier Vanilla Flavor is Gluten free, and Corn free, because it¡¦s Alcohol Free, which is also a big plus in my book. I get to enjoy my food rather than be sick. So, thank Frontier for making such a wonderful product. I will continue to buy this product. º

3.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla flavor, September 12, 2010
Mild vanilla flavor but nothing special. As I make my own ice cream, I'm very fussy about my flavorings. They need to be more intense than this one to get the flavor I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and gluten free!, May 22, 2011
This vanilla really makes a difference in my baked goods. Furerthmore, it is completely gluten free. I am super sensitive and I've never reacted to this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vanilla flavoring I have found & no alcohol or sugar added!, May 6, 2013
Joel S Magnus (Cherry Hill, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent vanilla flavor. There are very few vanilla extracts on the market with no alcohol or sugar added. Best vanilla flavoring I have found.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really Like This Extract BUT..., November 26, 2012
I have to wonder how much sugar is in it that it is so sweet. Natural vanilla is not this sweet and the glycerine wouldn't make it sweet either. I use it because it's alcohol-free but I worry about the sugar content which from what I've read can be anywhere from 15-45% in extracts. So I use it sparingly. Unfortunately real vanilla is getting harder and harder to get.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Alcohol is a big plus, November 11, 2012
I like the fact that this flavoring is natural and contains no Alcohol, I believe Alcohol should be kept out of food, even minimal amounts of it I believe are harmful. But I have to be fair, the flavor of the vanilla is less than what it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars!!, September 10, 2012
Love that this is gluten free!! Also more affordable than local health food store. Definately will be purchasing this again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›