Published on April 20, 2012 by jeremy eden

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not sure but better than other products
Tried some "Natural" products, which never seem to work, but it has been a bad flea year where we are. This product did NOT get rid of all the fleas but I do believe it did a fairly goood job for a while. We did try bombs, other sprays, powders the regular frontline ointment, powders fir the carpet and constant carpet cleaning. Even put Borax into the rugs but my...
Published 20 months ago by Gary F. Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pruduct! Much more affordable than standard flea treatments ;), April 20, 2012
This review is from: Frontline Flea and Tick Treatment Dog/Cat Spray, 8-1/2-Ounce (Misc.)
I currently have 8 indoor cats. While it does not happen every year, we generally get fleas at the beginning of the warm season and when 1 cat gets em, they all get em. This year they came early and caught me off guard. With finances tight, I needed something more affordable than the standard drops on the back of the neck. My vet told me about this stuff and said it was what they use in house. I treated all 8 cats a week ago and just checked all of them. I found 2 very small and slow fleas on one cat, the other 7 were all clear. Best part is, with the amount that I used, I should have enough left in the bottle for at least 1 to 2 more treatments. That should cover the entire season. Even if it does not last the season, at 34 bucks for the bottle, I can grab another. ;) Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for small dogs, December 28, 2007
This stuff lasts forever if being used on a small dog, like my chihuahua. My last bottle lasted 3 years. Much less expensive than the individual use tubes and just as effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works when Applied with Care, June 10, 2013
Long, long ago, in the days when we all spent a fortune on flea powders and shampoos and dips and garlic and flea collars that did not work, my vet introduced me to this. Back then, we had to go to the office, and she'd apply it to my then-dog Cinder's tummy. It worked. It was amazing. I was asked NOT to bathe her 24-48 hours before these visits.

When the Germans perfected the top spot application, I switched to that.

The principle is the same...it works from inside the pet. This means spraying your carpet with it won't be effective.

I'm glad to see the spray has returned to the market, because it's a good solution in many cases.

If your pet is afraid of spray bottles, you can try desensitizing them by spraying with water bottles around feeding time.

Meanwhile, on a day when you have not bathed the dog for a couple of days, put a plastic baggie over your hand, spray that, and rub it in. Focus on the areas with bare skin....tummy and inner ears. You can also pull hair back like you would for top spot and spray little patches of bare skin. Don't bathe the dog for 48 hours after you apply, either, to be sure it is soaked in.

Sometimes, dogs have allergies to fleas. Even when the fleas are dead, the itching will continue for a while, just like our bodies react to things like poison ivy or mosquito bites. Benedryl can help, or you may want to check with your vet if there is scratching but you can't find actual fleas.

If you do all that, and know your dog's weight, it should work. If you have guessed your dog's weight, you may not be applying enough.

Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, December 12, 2007
Frontline Spray is easy to use product. I am using it in combination with Revolution spot, because last doesn't work on tics. I am alternating medicine Frontline spot and Revolution in order that the medicine is working.
It is more difficult to use on more aggressive cats, because it take some time to apply. Otherwise it is good product and it is working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spray!, August 10, 2013
This was my first time using Frontline and I must say, I am very impressed. It took about 2 days for this to really get rid of all the fleas but it did it! My dog loves the spray because it doesn't have a strong odor. I will be buying again

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ WORKS, November 14, 2007
This lasts for a very long time & WORKS! I use it on dogs, cats, & ferrets with no problems at all! IT is the BEST flea spray i have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price better than single dose, October 21, 2013
Rachel Ackley (Fall City, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been giving my dogs Frontline for years always paying $50 or $60 for just 3 or so doses. Then, I found out about this spray and it works just as well. I only give my 14 pound dog a few sprays a month and we've been flea free!

Highly recommend this for the cost and the benefit of NO FLEAS!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the Fleas at Bay, March 10, 2014
I've had good experience with this, but I should mention that I've never used it against a total raging infestation. I started using it the last few months of 2013, as our main flea activity here in Florida is in the warmer/rainier months, about six to eight out of the year. My cats all got their last topical dose of Advantage in August, and past that, I used the spray on them once a month instead. It's a great money saver. You keep the fleas and ticks at bay, without spending the money on topical unnecessarily.

I can spray all six cats once a month for four or five months with one bottle. I spray around their ears first, under their chins, and then under all of their legs, base of tails, and work the spray in from those points with my fingers- to the belly and chest. Fleas always seem to run to the pets face, and you can't spray there, so the barricade is to head them off at the pass. I've even gotten by just spraying around their neck... that is where they hang out the most.

It's good to have around. You never know when a stray will come to your door that you don't have a tube for!

1.0 out of 5 stars Product did not work, September 14, 2013
In our case this product did not work at all. We treated our pet per instructions and she still has fleas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frontline spray, August 6, 2013
This stuff does not work. Wasted money. I will not purchase this again. I tried it on my dog and my cat and got no results at all.

Rate and Discover Movies