Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Frozen [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 56% off the $44.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Why is this film so good?
1. It teaches real love. Love is about putting the other person's needs first. Love is shown in your actions not your words. I am so floored that a kids movie actually taught this and even took the time to point out you never get engaged or married to a guy you just met. WOW... a Disney film not about being swept off your feet by a guy in 3 seconds? Its about time.
2. The side kick characters are not annoying.... seriously!! Its like the difference between Jar Jar Binks and R2D2. These side kicks are more like R2D2 whereas past Disney sidekicks were like Jar Jar Binks. These side-kicks from the reindeer to snow monster were done exactly right. They add humor to the show and dimension without ever getting in the way of the story or you wanting to strangle them. Way to go Disney!!! Any way you can retroactively edit sidekicks in older films?
3. The plot themes are serious yet with enough humor that it doesn't feel too serious AND without the humor taking away from the story line. What a great balance to hit just right. Ok so the story line is a bit simplistic because its a kid movie, but it still has twists and turns. I did not find the story predictable because I was expecting another one of those princesses falling in love movies..Read more ›
Inspired by events and characters in Hans Christian Andersen tale The Snow Queen, is a must have in your Disney DVD collection or animated movies collection. With wonderful songs and performances and visually stunning details of snow and ice everywhere is a delight to the ears and eyes.
A true classic and unique story with the usual Disney brand of humor, warmth, BUT a surprising twist and a different kind of happy ending that will delight every member of your family.
The movie's pacing or rhythm is very well done, you and your children won't be bored at all always anticipating what's to come next. It does not have a dull moment.
The DVD includes the animated new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse, music video of Demi Lovato's version of the Academy Award song Let It Go, as well as the Latin Spanish and Italian versions of it by the actress/singer Martina Stoessel. Also several Disney movies shorts of current and upcoming movies on DVD., and the original teaser short with Olaf the snowman and Sven the reindeer. DVD settings include French language (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin American)., as well as subtitles in those languages, and of course in English.
When the trailer for ‘Frozen’ was dropped a few months back, I predicted a dud. It looked so generic and obvious and unfunny and repetitive and just everything I didn’t want it to be. When news of the film broke I was ecstatic. Disney, doing another musical, basing it off of a very dark and disturbing tale. I knew it would get white washed a bit (which I was fine with), but it was a MUSICAL and so I was automatically game for it.
Then that trailer deceived me.
Still, my daughters were hooked with the very first television spot, and they’ve had the dolls for nearly a month already, and so we were going to see this opening night. With expectations low (despite some good early ink), there was nowhere to go but up for this film, and it didn’t just go up, it blew through the roof! Yes, ‘Frozen’ is easily Disney’s best film since ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and honestly, one of the best musicals since. It’s a visual feast, charming and sincere, and an unexpected twist on a tale of love, family and acceptance with beautiful shades that make this something truly special.
The film tells the story of two sisters, Anna and Elsa. In early childhood, they are joined at the hip. Elsa has an ancient power to create ice (a power that is never explained, and quite frankly doesn’t need to be) and they use her power as an advantage to their playing. When an accident occurs and Anna is injured, Elsa becomes terrified of her ‘gift’ and basically locks herself away from everyone and everything, including Anna. The two obviously drift apart (‘Do You Want to Build a Snowman’ is a marvelous musical moment and brought tears to my eyes) and after the loss of their parents things only get worse.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome movie! Both my son and daughter can't get enough! We eventually had to purchase lol 5 stars for frozen!Published 20 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Great movie! Amazon needs to work on the amount of buffering to play movies! I have no problems on anyone but amazon! My internet speed is 85mbps!!!Published 1 day ago by emerald drake
My daughter loves the movie and the songs. Wonderfully animated movie for kids of all ages.Published 2 days ago by Christina Glapa
My kid won't stop watching it. Please make it stop.
PLEASE SEND WINE.
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Question about Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy||
Will the Digital copy be available via my Amazon Account (Amazon Instant Video)? TIA!
Dec 6, 2013 by Traveler | See all 54 posts
|What is the Release date?||
While I was surprised that Amazon was offering Blu-ray preorders for Frozen, I am guessing a release date of March/April 2014 is possible. It won't be available for Christmas because the theatrical run hasn't finished - It was just released.
Dec 13, 2013 by Matthew R. Olson | See all 31 posts
|3-disc Version Cancelled?||
I recently found Frozen 3D bundle on Walmart.com. It lists that it is a Walmart exclusive. So maybe Amazon did not anticipate Walmart getting exclusive rights to selling the 3D version. I hope the Walmart exclusive isn't true as I would much rather haven't gotten through Amazon, especially... Read More
Dec 23, 2013 by Tim Nicoletti | See all 77 posts
|Where are the full bonus features for the DVD?||
"The Making of Frozen" extra on the FROZEN Blu-ray . . . sucks. BIG TIME. I love extras that take you behind the scenes and show you how the animators work and give credit to all the wonderful talents that help put a film together. This is NOT what it purports to be. It's a bunch of... Read More
Mar 20, 2014 by MysticKate | See all 11 posts
|blue ray disc and a standard dvd?||
The combo pack does come with both a standard dvd and a blu-ray.
Mar 3, 2014 by Jason S. | See all 2 posts
|Blu Ray Bonuses||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Animated Movies