5.0 out of 5 stars "Frozen" (the Little Golden Book)
Published 8 months ago by Serena Williams

Published 1 month ago by Olivia Stabler

5.0 out of 5 stars "Frozen" (the Little Golden Book), February 21, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
I purchased this book because my four year daughter is a huge fan of the movie and to put it mildly is going through a "Frozen" phase. I thought I'd surprise her with it and it's been worth ten times the amount that I paid for it. The only trouble is that she wants me to read it to her all the time. Or she takes it to preschool with her and wants her teachers to read it to her there. She will probably outgrow this phase soon, but for the pleasure it has given her so far it has given me a real bang for my buck!

It's a fairly simplified breakdown of the plot of the animated film, with illustrations from the movie. Certain parts of the story are emphasized by writing words, phrases or full sentences all in capital bold letters. For example, when Anna tries to convince her sister to marry a prince she has only just met, it says:" Frustrated, Anna tried to stop her sister and accidentally PULLED OFF one glove." PULLED OFF for some reason is in bold caps while the accompanying illustration has Anna dangling the glove in the air. Every page or two have different examples of this. "Elsa had magical powers" and the "magical powers" will be the only part written in bold text but it doesn't detract from the story. Still, the format and style are slightly unusual for a Little Golden book but like many other picture books, sometimes the text on the page will get bigger, or sometimes it will purposefully get smaller to compliment illustrations. It enthralls my little girl again and again and it also would be easy for a beginning reader to decipher.

I loved Little Golden Books as a child, and have passed many of them down to my daughter. They are all still in surprisingly good condition after 40 some years. The plots are uncomplicated, yet woven together seamlessly, and always end on a positive high note. The books seem to last forever and fit nicely together on book shelves, but most importantly they recount so many beloved stories from generation to generation, and instill a lifetime of memories and I'm so glad that they still are making them. For years they have provided affordable options for most parents, when so many children's books are pricey. I understand there is a larger Disney version of this book that is also available with more detailed illustrations and longer in length, but this is a much cheaper yet still highly satisfying alternative. It travels well and we can bring it on buses, subways or short road trips. If nobody has time to read it to her, she entertains herself with the pictures and pretends to read it to herself. It makes for a fun (and quick) bedtime story, and yesterday when I dropped my daughter off at preschool she was carrying it with her in her mittened hands, and one of her little friends had her own copy of it and waved it at us. "See Annabel? I got my mom to get me a "Frozen" book too!" It's so endearing to see how happy such a little thing can make a child. They get so excited to have something like this to share with each other. So, be sure to write your child's name in the section where it says "This Little Golden Book belongs to:" because when I picked her up from school later that day, the only way we could figure out whose book was whose was the fact that even though it's less than a month old, the pages of our copy are already dog eared.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginner readers, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
My daughter is 7 years old, in year 2, and the amount of text and degree of difficulty is perfect for her age. She still has not seen the movie, so was very interested in learning the story from the book. This has taught me a lesson to foster reading: If the book is available, get it before watching the movie or the DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summarizing, November 30, 2013
Jess (Saint Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
I don't know how you condense an hour and 40 min. movie into a Little Golden Book but it was done very well. My daughters saw the movie and loved it so much that I picked this up for them. It is written very well. Of course some of the details had to be left out but I've read this at least twice a day since it came in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen Sisters little book is so cute, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
Another item purchased along with the Frozen Sisters Giftset made my granddaughter's day. After her mom read it one time, she now wants to read it to everyone who comes over. These Golden Books have always been a classic as I still have some of my childhood books. This is the rage with kids and will keep them busy for hours. Great seller who shipped out befor than what was expected - a great gift :)

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
This book is adorable. Great for that little princess lover. The pictures don't look exactly like they do in the movie, but pretty close and overall a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Frozen Golden Book :-), May 28, 2014
Lorelei Shark (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
When I gave this to my 6 year-old granddaughter for her birthday - all she cared about was this book. All the other gifts sat there while she paused to read Frozen. She loves it. When I picked her-up from school - she had taken the book to share with her class.

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, November 4, 2013
My 2 and 3 year old love this! I was skeptical because of the one star review but I bought it anyways and I'm glad I did. One star was unnecessary. Buy it! Your kids will love it and you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen little golden book, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
My granddaughter is into the move Frozen and loves this book. I would recommend it for any little girl that is into the movie. This was added to her collection of little golden books.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, March 22, 2014
Crafty Mom "Kathy P" (Staten Island, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
The most amazing day when I received this book which everything Frozen Is sold out. My friends little girl was so excitied. Thank you so much for getting this to me so fast. The little girl wont Let it GO!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Horribly Written and Poorly Made...Buy the Big Golden Book Version Instead!, September 21, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
Before seeing the Frozen movie, I got this book for my daughter so that we'd have a basic understanding of the story prior to watching it and being a Little Golden book, I expected much better quality as I had many of these books as a kid myself. First of all, the binding on this book is so cheaply made that after reading it twice, a page fell out! Also, the pages are larger than the cover and therefore stick out.

Now for the actual story. I was highly disappointed with the poor writing because it leaves out entire chunks of the story! I kept going back because I thought I missed a page but I didn't. You're left wondering what happened from one scene to the next. This definitely didn't provide a good movie summary like I was expecting but was more like random disconnected scenes from the movie. My daughter also didn't like that the characters looked slightly different from the movie. I gave this away after only reading it twice because it was so bad.

This is a horribly made/written book and I recommend spending the extra few dollars and getting the Frozen Big Golden Book instead. I purchased that one and we love it. The Big Golden Book version has a very complete summary of the story and beautiful illustrations unlike this one and was worth the extra $5!

Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen)
Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) by Victoria Saxon (Hardcover - October 1, 2013)
$3.99 $3.06