1,421 Reviews
 (1,109)

5.0 out of 5 stars "Frozen" (the Little Golden Book)
Published 11 months ago by Serena Williams

Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars "Frozen" (the Little Golden Book), February 21, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
I purchased this book because my four year daughter is a huge fan of the movie and to put it mildly is going through a "Frozen" phase. I thought I'd surprise her with it and it's been worth ten times the amount that I paid for it. The only trouble is that she wants me to read it to her all the time. Or she takes it to preschool with her and wants her teachers to read it to her there. She will probably outgrow this phase soon, but for the pleasure it has given her so far it has given me a real bang for my buck!

It's a fairly simplified breakdown of the plot of the animated film, with illustrations from the movie. Certain parts of the story are emphasized by writing words, phrases or full sentences all in capital bold letters. For example, when Anna tries to convince her sister to marry a prince she has only just met, it says:" Frustrated, Anna tried to stop her sister and accidentally PULLED OFF one glove." PULLED OFF for some reason is in bold caps while the accompanying illustration has Anna dangling the glove in the air. Every page or two have different examples of this. "Elsa had magical powers" and the "magical powers" will be the only part written in bold text but it doesn't detract from the story. Still, the format and style are slightly unusual for a Little Golden book but like many other picture books, sometimes the text on the page will get bigger, or sometimes it will purposefully get smaller to compliment illustrations. It enthralls my little girl again and again and it also would be easy for a beginning reader to decipher.

I loved Little Golden Books as a child, and have passed many of them down to my daughter. They are all still in surprisingly good condition after 40 some years. The plots are uncomplicated, yet woven together seamlessly, and always end on a positive high note. The books seem to last forever and fit nicely together on book shelves, but most importantly they recount so many beloved stories from generation to generation, and instill a lifetime of memories and I'm so glad that they still are making them. For years they have provided affordable options for most parents, when so many children's books are pricey. I understand there is a larger Disney version of this book that is also available with more detailed illustrations and longer in length, but this is a much cheaper yet still highly satisfying alternative. It travels well and we can bring it on buses, subways or short road trips. If nobody has time to read it to her, she entertains herself with the pictures and pretends to read it to herself. It makes for a fun (and quick) bedtime story, and yesterday when I dropped my daughter off at preschool she was carrying it with her in her mittened hands, and one of her little friends had her own copy of it and waved it at us. "See Annabel? I got my mom to get me a "Frozen" book too!" It's so endearing to see how happy such a little thing can make a child. They get so excited to have something like this to share with each other. So, be sure to write your child's name in the section where it says "This Little Golden Book belongs to:" because when I picked her up from school later that day, the only way we could figure out whose book was whose was the fact that even though it's less than a month old, the pages of our copy are already dog eared.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginner readers, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
My daughter is 7 years old, in year 2, and the amount of text and degree of difficulty is perfect for her age. She still has not seen the movie, so was very interested in learning the story from the book. This has taught me a lesson to foster reading: If the book is available, get it before watching the movie or the DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summarizing, November 30, 2013
Jess (Saint Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
I don't know how you condense an hour and 40 min. movie into a Little Golden Book but it was done very well. My daughters saw the movie and loved it so much that I picked this up for them. It is written very well. Of course some of the details had to be left out but I've read this at least twice a day since it came in.

3.0 out of 5 stars There's quite a lot of text here. Could be good or bad, depending on what you are looking for., August 6, 2014
Amazon Customer (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
There's actually quite a lot of text in this little book. If you are suffering from "Frozen fatigue", and are looking for a quick, little, SHORT book to satisfy your kiddo for the night, go with "A Tale of Two Sisters". The illustrations are excellent, it goes through the entire Frozen story but the text is very short so things move along quickly. And it's a "reader" so when your child is old enough, he or she can practice their reading skills and then be able to read it to their younger sibling. Yes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a party princess!, November 13, 2014
I dress up as Elsa for events and parties, also working on Anna. So I wanted a copy of the story to read and help along with sing-a-longs. THIS BOOK IS PREFCT!! It's having the best parts of the story, you can play each song and the kids don't lose interest in it. The art is amazing! I spent an hour just looking at the photos. I am planning on buying each princess books as I get the their costume done.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
This book is adorable. Great for that little princess lover. The pictures don't look exactly like they do in the movie, but pretty close and overall a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen Sisters little book is so cute, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
Another item purchased along with the Frozen Sisters Giftset made my granddaughter's day. After her mom read it one time, she now wants to read it to everyone who comes over. These Golden Books have always been a classic as I still have some of my childhood books. This is the rage with kids and will keep them busy for hours. Great seller who shipped out befor than what was expected - a great gift :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, November 4, 2013
My 2 and 3 year old love this! I was skeptical because of the one star review but I bought it anyways and I'm glad I did. One star was unnecessary. Buy it! Your kids will love it and you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Story per the movie, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
My 5 year old likes to read it, the book is more suitable for 8 years above, there are many words that my 5 years old could not read, but she would sit with me side by side and I guided her along, so in another way it helps her to improve her vocab. Her reading has improve tremendously after finished reading the book, and now she's reading it the second time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book and summary of story, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) (Hardcover)
Used as party favors for my five year old's birthday. Children all loved. The story is a good summary of the movie and the pictures are very engaging. Several pages have hard to see text in gray, and I can't tell if that was intentional or a printing error, but it doesn't distract at all from my children loving it.

Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen)
Frozen Little Golden Book (Disney Frozen) by Victoria Saxon (Hardcover - October 1, 2013)
$3.99 $2.78