Published on August 10, 2012 by SYN Wrath

3.0 out of 5 stars not top quality
The underwear run small and have no "give" to them, so they are kind of stiff. Daughter won't even wear them now..(age 5)
Published on April 28, 2012 by margaret bowen

4.0 out of 5 stars No ridding up, no wedgie, comfortable & yes fruit of loom does run smaller then hanes or other brands!, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Fruit Of The Loom Big Girls' Girls' 12 Pack Cotton Hipsters (Apparel)
These under wear are awesome. These are like a more expensive pair I have bought in the past as they are just a little thicker then the usual brands. But the key reason is they have a thicker less stretchy band for the waist & leg. The thicker band causes either less - no ridding up & no more wedgie's! If you have those issue's with other brands, check these thicker band type under wear.

Design's vary with any company. I knew this without reading it. Just like any other online retailer, if there is NO color option available to choose from; expect the possibility of different color(s) arriving then in the photo's unless otherwise listed. My 6 & 7 year old's understood this when we ordered.

On to sizing - I bought a size 12 for a 6 year old whom wear's a size 6/8 hanes, even before washing they fit her perfectly over her hane's which were a size 8 brief. She is a more thicker/ wider child that wear's size 6-8 clothing & size 13-1 shoes.

Her tall & slim sister at 7 yrs old wear's a size 5 clothing & size 13 shoe, she wears a size 6 hanes & I am ordering her a size 8 fruit of loom since I assume it should fit her correctly.

Order accordingly! If you have used fruit of the loom order that size. If you have used hane's order larger size of fruit of loom as they will appear much smaller then hanes.

If your child is slim or skinny - Buy 1 size larger as I am with my child shaped like that. She is in size 6 = 8 in these underwear.

If your child is thicker or wider - Buy 2 size's larger as I did to ensure comfort & fit.

If your child is average order the next size up to make sure they will fit post washing/drying.

Lastly on the different fit's - If your child wears brief's they can be just a tiny bit larger & have more material then the other options. My larger child does so I went with Hipster's for best coverage. My smaller child I am getting bikini as she is very petite & for her shape they fit best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colors are not what picture shows., September 14, 2011
These are great panties and last a long time. My daughter loves them; especially the fit. The picture shows colors and designs totally different than what we received today. Fortunately, my daughter still really likes the colors we got, so we are keeping them. The picture makes it look like a dark blue and pinks. We received aqua blue and orange. Otherwise, the product is great. Just wanted others to be aware that they might get different colors than they plan on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our fave, June 18, 2012
Just did a quick scan of the other comments and was compelled to post my review because I got EXACTLY the selection pictured and the size is ACCURATE.

First I should note that my girl is average height and slightly on the skinny side. She started wearing these size 4s when she was only 3 because they were so cute. We call them her super-hero underpants. I did not experience any shrinkage. The cotton is in fact slightly thicker than her character underpants and is about the same as her other Fruit of the Loom (bikini) underpants.

There IS "give" or "stretch" in the elastic. (I went and checked it out after reading one negative review.) It's just that the elastic is slightly wider and isn't stretched as drastically during manufacture so it's not as springy as other types. THAT'S A GOOD THING! Daughter's character undies and Fruit of the Loom bikini undies end up stuck on her buns whenever she crouches down or climbs up something. Any big leg movement and the elastic grabs her cheek and stays there. These hipsters are much better because the elastic isn't as stretchy so they go right back into the correct position. (This has become even more noticeable as she has grown to be a true size 4. (All the underpants that I mention for comparison are size 4.))

Our have worn like iron, held their color and shape, and I got mud completely out of one pair on the first try after she played in/sat in wet Missouri clay in her underpants one day. (The cotton doesn't seem to want to hold stains like some other cottons.)

The quality is unbeatable and I consider them a steal at this price.

3.0 out of 5 stars not top quality, April 28, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Girly but Bland, November 9, 2011
Mollie (Maple Valley, WA) - See all my reviews
I also got the blue and orange underwear. My daughter didn't mind, I told her when she ok'd them that those might be the colors. GREAT price for underwear (can't find it cheaper at Walmart!). Would like to see more variety in these large packs but they work well for the brand and price. Only 4 stars for lack of variety

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels like cardboard!, May 31, 2014
If your daughter is looking for underwear that feels rough to the touch, similar to a piece of plywood, look no further. These are not, by any means, soft underwear. Fruit of the Loom should be ashamed to even make such rough underwear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, strong and durable. Best value for the money., September 29, 2014
I wanted to dock them one star for not looking anything like the pictures, but they're just so amazing that I couldn't do it. If you are anything like me, you look at the boys socks and underwear and secretly fume because although the girls clothing is arguably cuter, it's not even half as durable, so you secretly wish you could get boys underwear, so that it lasts for longer than three months before the elastic band starts to separate from the panties to they just wear out. These are the answer to that. They are soft and strong and they last forever. They also have the cloth fold over the elastic like they do for boys briefs. Plus, as an added bonus, they get softer with each wash. All told, if you have a girl that's active like mine is, these are the panties you want to get. Best value, best comfort. Just probably not going to look like the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars These fit them appropriately and they loved the colors, November 5, 2014
My daughters are 7 and 8, tall and skinny. These fit them appropriately and they loved the colors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty fabric. Returned., January 31, 2014
It may be cotton but it does not feel like it. Much too rough to put anywhere near the skin.

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs Way Too Small!, November 24, 2014
I had previously ordered a size 10 to accommodate my daughter who is currently in a size 8 with other brands since people reviewed they fit snug. The size 10 were even too small for her! This size works well for her. They seem to be of good quality and they have vibrant colors. I wish they were sized more like other brands. It irritates me that I had to waste money buying MORE underwear..