Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fruit Of The Loom Men's 6 Pack of Heavy Duty Reinforced Crew Socks
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 23, 2014
While shopping for these I did note that others did not consider it heavy duty, but I figured it was worth a shot.

While I don't completely regret buying them, I do not feel they are say as thick or as well made as standard tube socks from ten years ago.

What I do think is poorly designed about them though, is the "reinforced" section, specifically for the heel... Well even though I have a foot size that fits best 11.5 - 12 (wide) sneakers / shoes... That "reinforced" heel section is not under my heel. It makes zero contact with the ground when I walk (ok maybe 5% at most). The vast majority of it is on the back of my foot, between the heel and ankle.

I only bought one package to try them out. I don't think I'll be buying anymore.

Edit Dec 24, 2014
I have increased my rating from two starts to four, after buying what I thought were the same socks at Walmart for a lower price. Unfortunately it was a situation where the WM SKU was of a different design. The socks were at least 1.5" shorter and had a different wear pattern covering instead the whole bottom of the foot. (Which is actually preferred over this SKU) The shorter nature of it though I do not appreciate, and it makes me appreciate the "standard" HD socks more. Plus they are holding up alright, and it made me think perhaps I rated these too low.

I actually have bought more from Amazon. :)
on May 6, 2014
I thought by other reviews these would be thin lightweight socks. I ordered them with little to loose for the price. They are heavy (maybe not for deep cold) but great everyday wear. Dissatisfied buyers, if you want insulated... buy insulated.
on August 2, 2013
good product, soft material, fits well, holds it shape well but is not stiff.wears well,and is cool and comptalble, will purchass again
on January 5, 2013
This is an okay item. I regularly wear a size 11 shoe and these socks are very tight. These are very narrow and look like they are made for a childs foot. I will not be ordering these again.
on March 9, 2016
These socks are awful. I will never buy a Fruit of the Loom product again. I have had them for less than two months, and a lot of them are falling apart. Holes all over the bottom, where they're supposedly reinforced. I've worn some of them less than six times, and they already need to be thrown out. Save your money and don't buy them they're awful
review image
on August 1, 2015
I REALLY like these socks. They are holding up EXTREMELY well. I work 10 hours a day, all of which I'm on my feet moving around constantly. I ordered some other socks as well ( just regular major brand name white socks ), they all have holes in them now. These socks, on the other hand, look and feel like they are brand new, and I bought these over 2 months ago from the time I'm writing this review. Just a fantastic sock. I will be ordering one more pack, I will be be good to go for socks for while.
on March 4, 2014
I have hopes that, after a washing or two, these socks will relax a bit; but for now, they fit tightly. Being a 10, I had thought that a 6-12 would do nicely, but I guess all sock-makers aren't alike.
on March 30, 2016
Complete false advertising - These are in NO WAY "Heavy Duty" or "Reinforced". They are thin, flimsy, grey socks. Not even as thick as my wool dress socks! They are definitely thinner than the worn out old crew socks I am trying to replace. I can't try them on because I'm going to return them, but they look like the elastic at the top isn't going to last more than a few washings.

I was looking for the nice thick socks with the extra padding on the toes, heel and soles. THESE ARE NOT LIKE THAT! There is no difference in thickness between the soles, heels or toes than the rest of the sock.
on February 26, 2014
I wear an 11.5 wide shoe and usually have no issue with size 10-13 socks. These are a bit snug overall, and the calf elastic is a bit tight. But they are usable.

Quality wise, they are decent, but definitely not heavy duty or high quality. I will buy the Hanes brand next time, slightly better quality I think and similar price.
on January 3, 2016
These *were* my go to work sock up until they changed them.

Now they make them with spandex. (and apparently less material)
The somewhat thick cushioned bottom is gone
The rest of the sock is super thin and breezy now.
The sock also moves around on your foot and ankle much more now.

It feels like a dress sock now... Which is terrible for work boots.
I have to go hunt for a new brand of socks l like now.

I'm sorely disappointed with these.