5.0 out of 5 stars It's all good!
Published 19 months ago by Jim 1

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprising disappointment
Published 22 months ago by bordterr

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all good!, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Fruit of the Loom Men's Basic 7 Pack Brief (Apparel)
After reading two reviews about problems with the product made in Honduras, I decided to order extra packs of these so I could keep the good ones and return the bad ones. I received 60% made in Mexico and 40% made in Honduras. Before opening the packages, I weighed each with a luggage scale that seems to be repeatable, but may not be accurate at low weights. Within the tolerance of that luggage scale, I could not find any difference in the weights of the packages. I then opened one package from each location and compared the new products side by side. I could not see any difference (except for the tag in the back from Mexico versus a stencil on the cloth from Honduras). Finally I wore one of the briefs from Mexico for a day, and then one from Honduras the next day. Once again, I could not tell any difference in quality, fit, or feel. I am happy that I can simply keep all of the briefs without the added hassle of returning some of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprising disappointment, September 7, 2012
I ordered a set of this underwear (size M) a few months ago and was pleased. So I ordered another set, which arrived today. Much to my surprise, the fabric is not as heavy in the new set and the waistband is not as substantial. And it's not important, but I noticed that unlike the picture, the new set has no separate label on the waistband (just observing a detail). The new set was made in Honduras, whereas the first, better set was made in Mexico using USA cotton. So my advice is, buy this underwear IF you can be sure it's not the lower quality stuff from Honduras. I would return the item, but obviously I already opened the package. Mainly I am disappointed in losing access a product I really liked--maybe it's a temporary production decision?

Update May 9, 2013: In all fairness, it has been 8 months now and the two "styles" I obtained have held up equally well. But I am not in a position to compare their current product with what they made years ago. Am changing my rating from one star to two stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars good old ftl, March 27, 2010
Although the items are of the usual great quality of FTL, I do have a complaint about the sizing. They switched to the generic sizing of S, M, L, XL, when it used to be sized according to your waist size. Unfortunately this results in an improper fit, either too loose or too snug.

I'll make these work, but I'll also look at other brands before I buy next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds things together, October 19, 2009
I have been wearing Fruit of the Loom since I came out of diapers, almost 60 years. In a an emergency, I bought some Hanes recently but the fit, or lack of fit is totally different. It tends to let things hang out of slots in the front. Who uses those dumb things anyway? The slots, not the things hanging out! Anyway, my FOL worked the way they are supposed to, good fit and holds all the things together!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit's well without gaping, December 3, 2010
Dan Neal "labrat" (Murfreesboro, TN USA) - See all my reviews
As a 3X sized man, I find that sometimes underwear is not properly proportioned to fit without gaping in the crotch. Though I bought them for the past 5 years, that was always my complain with Hanes Big Man underwear.

The Fruit of the Loom 3X White briefs fit perfectly with adequate material to hug and cover without bunching.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh, now *that's* security !!, April 5, 2012
KCB (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fruit of the Loom Men's Basic 7 Pack Brief (Apparel)
I have been using Hanes for years. Just got two batches. Awful. (Hanes Classics Men's 6-Pack Full Rise Brief). They changed how they are made, and they are too "long" now, and I'm bebopping and bouncing all over the place. Constantly having to adjust myself.

So I tried these based on the reviews here. Fantastic!! That's the "cuppage" and security and support I'm looking for.

Incidentally, I have a 35" waist, and Hanes are sized 32-34" for M and 36-38" for L, so I was always an "inbetweener" with them (go to Hanes web site; the sizing here on Amazon is wrong for their briefs). With the Fruit of the Looms, I very "snugly" fit into their M at 34-36".

Very happy with these. Just trying to decide whether to chuck the new Hanes I have and buy some more of these ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all FOTL briefs are the same, March 3, 2013
I had a problem with the sizing so I sent my first order back. I reordered two packages of the proper size, which for me was one size below what I originally ordered. Once I got the proper size I noticed that the each package had clearly different sets of briefs. Upon further inspection I discovered that there are two places that manufacture FOTL briefs; Mexico and El Salvador.

The ones made in Mexico are clearly much better than the ones made in El Salvador. The elastic is thicker and more sturdy, and the rest of the briefs are made of thicker cotton. These are the ones you grew up with. The fitment seems better, which might be a result of the better materials. The two briefs can be distinguished by the logo printed on the waist band. The ones from Mexico are all printed in the same font, and look like the pictures that are used to sell the product. The ones from El Salvador have a larger, block style font for the words fruit and loom, and the " of the" in between are stacked one word over the other.

I suspect this is why some reviews state that these are the same old briefs, and some complain about the cheap feel and materials used to make the briefs. It might be luck of the draw as to which ones you receive. I just hope that FOTL has not made a permanent change to the ES factory, and that the ones that people get from Mexico are not the last of a dying breed.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY HUBBY, February 18, 2011
This should be my husband's review but in asking him if he's satisfied his reply was absolutely. They seem nice and thick and launder well. The waist is comfortable and is now switching from his old long time brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, March 19, 2012
I'm happy with my purchase and will buy again this product, the quality of the item and quantity was great and worth the price. I definetly will recommend it to anyone who wants to buy underpants over the Internet. The price was right and the size was also correct.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not acceptable - Ignore older reviews, September 17, 2012
I bought a 7-Pack of Fruit of the Loom Men's Basic Briefs in White based on the many positive reviews (and ignoring the most recent review). Bad mistake! Like that recent reviewer, I received briefs made in Honduras, and they are trash: fabric is tissue-thin, leg holes are too large, and the waistband is uncomfortable.

I rate these briefs unacceptable, but unfortunately cannot return them because I had to open the package to discover the flaws.

DO NOT BUY THESE!