Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 14, 2011
This book is a must-have for any woman who wants to take her style to the next level, but is looking for a little help on how to get there. Natalie addresses how to dress for body type and proportion, selecting flattering colors, how to build a stylish and functional wardrobe, harnessing the power of accessories as well as much more. Her tone is warm, motivating and no-nonsense all at the same time. She is adept at breaking down style advice into simple terms, while still conveying a substantial amount of information and speaking to the reader like a refreshingly honest girlfriend. I recommend reading the book twice - first, read through from cover-to-cover to get on board with the approach and get excited about the "upgraded you." Then go through again, taking time to work through the exercises that Natalie recommends.

Buy the book, and take your own personal image consultant home with you!
on May 25, 2012
I bought this book based on the good reviews here at Amazon, but was not impressed when I received and read it.

The content is poorly typeset, with grammatical and typesetting errors throughout, and looks like it was put together on Word.

The content of the book is unoriginal, and reads more like a mashup of Cosmo advice column content than anything new and insightful. There's a list of "must have" items - like you'd find once a year in any women's magazine - or on any fashion blog.

Then there are the tips for tall women, short women etc. I'm a very tall woman, and would have thought the author could have come up with something better than "get a tailor" and "pretend your too-short trousers are 3/4 pants"! Oh, and "push your too-short shirtsleeves up to make them look like they're 3/4 sleeves".

The author comes across as an intelligent, pleasant personality. I'm just not impressed with the standard of the book she's written. I wouldn't recommend buying this book - there are much better offerings on Amazon elsewhere.
on April 3, 2011
A pretty good book to give to someone who does not know herself. Consists of 9 chapters, one talking about finding the right colors for your skin tone, another about right type of clothes for your body type, another chapter talks about building "the backbone" of your wardrobe, the basics, etc. The last chapter talks a little about finding your "uniform". If you are not a novice and know what suits you, what styles look good on you and which colors help you to bring out the best in you, this book is not for you. But it will make a good present for someone who has trouble finding their style.
The book covers the basic well and contains a lot of useful information in a very compact format, but you will not find anything new if you already know how to pull yourself together
on November 19, 2010
I love your book. It is so well written. As a person who has struggled with being stylish and knowing what looks best on me, I found this book easy to use and very informative. Infact, I order the Kindle version in addition to the paperback so that I can take you with me when I go shopping. I actually used your book in the mall two days ago and was amazed by how helpful you tips were. I think that anyone that cares about their image could benefit tremendously from this book. I highly recommend. BTW. I love the pictures. Beautiful book.
on December 25, 2012
I found this book to be very educating but i bought the kindle version which did not have any pictures besides the chapter beginnings, which sucked. All in all i liked this book very much and it taught me quite alot. i especially liked the part where you had to know if your legs were to short for your body. this book went a bit deeper than the info blogs would give. I would recommend it to anyone.

UPDATE.15 jan 2012: It has been about a mth since i concluded reading this book and I have put some of the tips and ideas to work in my life. I must say, that I am a smarter shopper, and I have gotten compliments beyond what i ever expected. I have a greater sense of pride and I am saving money buying pieces of clothing that fit into my wardrobe, not just arbitrary pieces. I have loaned this kindle book to one of my friends and she is thourougly enjoying it. I previously had a grouse with the lack of illustrations in the kindle edition but that does not matter to me now. This book has really changed my life.

Most of the time when we refrain from looking our best its because of what others might think. That was my problem and the author addressed this issue. Once you put that aside, there are limitless possibilities that can happen in reference to your style and image!
on December 15, 2011
I bought this book for my girl and she loved it so much, she made me send a review so here goes:

This book is a perfect example of one of those happy occasions when you get so much more than you bargained for. I wanted to get this book because of the great reviews so my expectations were pretty high to begin with. I like to think that I've always had pretty good taste in fashion so I would never have used the term frumpy to describe myself. However I wanted to get an expert's opinion which would add a few finishing touches while confirming that I was basically on the right track... Because of this book, I've was forced to rethink not only my fashion sense, but also, I dare say, even my value system as a person. At the risk of sounding cliche, what I found out about myself was that frumpiness is as much a state of mind as a mode of dress. I've always been somewhat of a shrinking violet, lacking in self confidence, always second guessing myself and rarely standing up for myself. It was a real breakthrough when I realized, this personality flaw was playing an unconscious role in my mode of dress and choice of clothing. This moment of clarity has had a huge impact on not just my fashion sense, but even more importantly, my self-belief. For that, I really want to thank Natalie from the bottom of my heart!

It was incredible how many times as I was reading some of Natalie's examples I found myself saying, oh wow, that is me! The book was incredibly easy to read yet informative and the illustrations really helped me to visualize what she was talking about.

Natalie, I am a big fan! My only regret is that I couldn't give you a sixth star!

T. Thomas
on October 5, 2010
LOVE LOVE LOVE the book - getting so many compliments lately because this book has made me more aware of my appearance choices. I know that I personally haven't changed, but the way people see me DOES change when I heed this advice. Through the many facets and roles of my life this book can help by weaving a thread of mindfulness...regardless of life changes, aging, etc. And it pays off in mass dividends at work, at home, in the community and with friends...and in my own heart - when I know that I present myself confidently. The icing on the cake: it's a simple read, with easy tips and a sense of humor that made me laugh out loud more than once.
on October 9, 2012
I grew up with a mother who did not pay attention to fashion except to see if the article of clothing was on sale. Sadly, I inherited her fashion philosophy by default, but I've never been particularly happy about it. I always felt like I didn't have all the pieces of information to put together good-looking outfits and shopping became that thing I always put off until absolutely necessary. I never enjoyed shopping...until I read this book!

I couldn't believe it when I read about colors...now I don't feel intimated or overwhelmed when I go shopping. No matter how cute a top looks, if it isn't my color, I can dismiss it and move on! I can now quickly scan the racks and spend my time looking only at clothes that fit my color type. This information in itself is PRICELESS. : )

And pants...for years I've been lamenting about how I can't find pants that fit right and I am so glad to hear it's not me. Now I know I'm not weird and I don't have a bizarre body shape, and finding a good-fitting pair of pants IS actually a challenge for others besides myself. I always felt alone in that aspect. LOL Now I am a lot more patient when it comes to trying on scores of pants to find the right fit because I know it's not my fault.

I'm still a work in progress, but this book has taken the dread out of shopping for me, and it's not very often that I read a book that has such a quick and positive impact on my life and my perspective, so THANK YOU!!
on August 3, 2013
I pretty much already knew these things mentioned in this book already.
I am looking for good clothing tips for the 80+set.
Wish someone would write clothing and dressing tips for us super
seniors.
on December 29, 2011
I was disappointed in this book. Although I wasn't expecting a miracle, I was expecting some photos to help out with what the author was writing about. This book really didn't offer much. I have read better.