5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent BJJ Gi for Beginners
Published on June 5, 2012 by Prime Buyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small and unable to return
Published 20 months ago by James D. Warner

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small and unable to return, December 18, 2012
I purchased this item to practice BJJ with my son at his gym. I am six feet tall and 200 pounds and purchased the A3. My build is athletic and I had trouble fitting the top due to the tightness around my armpits. The arm sleeves are a little thin and tight. At first I had limited range of motion and the pants were a little snug in the groin. The top seemed thick enough but hot and the pants seemed ok. There are other sellers of BJJ uniforms on amazon that allow you to practice in your uniform and still allow returns, this seller is not one of them, so beware and don't try to buy a cheap kimono to save money.

Follow up to this review - after BJJ training the uniform was ok and held up well. The top was sturdy in comparison to other uniforms and the tight shoulders was ok after getting yanked for a while by my partners. I probably would need an A4 size as I am on the cusp but I can't return the item. Wouldn't recommend the A3 for anyone near 200 pounds or 6 feet. 5'10 and 180 would be the largest comfortable size probably in this uniform at A3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent BJJ Gi for Beginners, June 5, 2012
I can't believe nobody's written a review for this yet. This Gi is used widely in many BJJ gyms and it is excellent for starters as it is (1) excellent quality and durable, (2) comfortable and lightweight, (3) very affordable and excellent value. It doesn't have some of the flashy things that other Gi's have (rope/cord for pants tie, fancy patches, etc.) but it has all the essential qualities one needs. It has a true BJJ cut, with tapered arms and legs and thick collar to make gripping more difficult for your opponents.

I have 4 different BJJ Gi's (Manto Champ, Manto Evo 2.0, Tatami Zero G V2, and this Fuji Victory Gi). This is about half the price of my other Gi's ($120-$170), but it is actually more comfortable than some of the other ones. After a couple of washes, the fabric becomes soft and is even more comfortable than my more expensive gi's. Furthermore, it is fairly lightweight, which is great for hot weather training.

My one complaint is that the drawstring loop eventually came loose and I had to pay my dry cleaners for them to sew it back on, but this is a super simple job I could've done myself. Excellent starter Gi or backup Gi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality - Tough to find the right size, going to try to shrink, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Fuji BJJ Uniform (Sports)
Quality:

The quality of this gi is great. I was surprised by the overall weight for a single weave but I think it will be perfect. Was a little surprised that there are not internal ties to hold the top closed without a belt. Most other martial arts tops have ties that keep it closed even if your belt comes off. I guess this is not standard in a BJJ gi.

Fit:

I am 5'9 and 207 lbs. 36" waist. I was on the fence about whether to buy the A3 due to height or the A4 due to weight. I think in the end it is a tough call. I have been reading across multiple sites that in my size an A3 would be perfect but you would have to line dry it to keep it from shrinking. I have decided to take the A4 which is a bit too big and shrink it in the dryer to try to get a perfect fit.

Pants: Waist is huge, legs are probably 1" too long to be a perfect even when hiking up the waist. This size would probably work OK for anyone up to 6feet by relaxing the position of the waist. There are probably 5-6" more in waist than I would need but they are sized for people up to 250lbs. These would be perfect for me in an A3.

Top: Actually fit is much better. Shoulders fit perfectly. Waist is perfect. Sleeves come down past the wrist to about where my thumb is connected to my hand. (a little long) Bottom of the gi top comes a bit lower below the belt than I expected. (a little long but probably ok)

Short Story: Pants are a bit long if you are stocky and on the shorter size. Top is probably perfect.

UPDATE: Just intentionally tried to shrink the jersey by washing in cold water then drying on high. It worked. The pants are now perfect in length sitting tied right at my waist. The jersey top still has slightly long arms but fits much more properly around my waist and under my arms. Highly recommend getting the A4 and shrinking to avoid the hassle of having to line dry every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite brand of Gi, October 19, 2013
I have 4 gi's, 2 of them our Fuji and I would not consider purchasing any other brand! Fuji fits me (a larger build woman) perfectly. I wash my gi in cold water, air dry it and have never had problems with it shrinking. It comes with 3 patches in a baggie that you can choose to put on or not. I highly recommend Fuji!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, April 21, 2013
Awesome for beginning trainers...loved it and it is quite nice after the washes ....it fits nice. and doesn't feel stiff..love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 7, 2013
Best Gi I have owned. I can't believe how inexpensive it is. I highly recommend Fuji kimonos. No shrinking, very strong and soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gi, January 21, 2013
Second gi I ordered for grandson, he loved the quality and fit. I'll be ordering again for upcoming birthday.
The gi arrived fast to my surprise. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gi for the price, snug fit, August 1, 2013
This is a great gi for the price. Being mainly from a karate background, this was the first gi I purchased solely for bjj. I've rolled in it a few times since then and it worked fine. Can get heavy, but I'm used to that.

If I had one complaint it's that the mid-section under the belt (at least on me) was not very long and the top was a little snug, but I guess I just have thick shoulders.

All in all a great and happy purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 30, 2013
I have been rolling on the mat, training and it works well for someone who is novice like myself. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars No Belt Included, February 21, 2013
There is no belt included with this item. Go here Brazilian Jiu Jitsu White Belt with patch on to buy the belt to go with it. Just received these items. Great products.

Fuji BJJ Uniform