5.0 out of 5 stars One word - WOW!
Published on February 14, 2001 by Memory M Carver

3.0 out of 5 stars Items not as pictured
Published 22 months ago by Edward F. Brent

5.0 out of 5 stars One word - WOW!, February 14, 2001
Memory M Carver (Southern CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm 1014258 Superia X-TRA 400 35mm Film - 4 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Camera)
On an outing to the park with my nieces, I shot 5 rolls of film. I used several different film types: Kodak Gold 200, Fuji Superia X-tra 400, Fuji Superia X-tra 800, and Fuji color slide film. By far, the best pictures were from the Fuji 400 speed film. BAM!! The colors just jump out and grab you. Great skin tones. The grains on this film are superb when enlarged to 8x10. I am looking forward to trying Fuji's 100 and 200 speed films.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's True -- Fuji Film IS Superior, October 20, 2000
...and not just the 400 film. The 100 and 200 films are excellent too!
I had two rolls of film with me on an outing at one of Long Island's beatiful bays and inlets. One was Kodak and the other was Fuji. I took pictures of pretty much the same things: of boats docked or out sailing, of inlet scenery (green plants hanging over the water), etc. When I got the pictures back, Kodak was okay, but the ones that were taken with Fuji film were absolutely stunning. The pictures were crisp with vibrant colors. One of my favorite pictures was a picture of a sailing boat docked at a private area, with trees and plants framed around it. The greens in the trees and plants were truly every hue of green you would expect had you been there and so were the various murky shades of blue in the water and the contrasting white of the boat. The ashy shades of the dock itself were picked up nicely and the browns of the trees' bark can be clearly seen, making a nice foil for all the green shades in the plants. I loved it so much that I had it enlarged to poster size.
Fuji film has been the only film I use since then. I have yet to try the 800 film, but having read the review on it from here, as well as having my own good experiences with Fuji film, I have no doubt that it would please me as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Items not as pictured, May 4, 2013
The 4 rolls came in an unmarked cellophane wrap and did not have the expiration date noted for the rolls. That was what I was interested in knowing. If they had come in the Fuji packaging as noted then it would have had the expiration dates printed on the packaging. I would not have bought them if I know they came in that manner. Please do not mislead us this way. Otherwise I'll look elsewhere for these items.

4.0 out of 5 stars Far better than any comparable Kodak, November 27, 2000
A. Mak (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
While the picture quality of the 400 speed doesn't quite compare to that of the 100 speeds, this film is simply awesome. The sometimes artificial colors (punchy reds and deep blues) really bring out the 'pop' in most scenes (especially grey days). In terms of an all around consumer film, this is simply the best and is what I use when I shoot with my P&S. What makes this film so spectacular is that even with the higher speed, you don't have to sacrifce picture quality and color saturation, making it possible to hand-hold even in dim or night situations. The colors are great and the picture quality is nearly indistinguishable from slower speed films. Simply put, the only film that I like more is Fuji Reala.

3.0 out of 5 stars Delivery was as promised; packaging was problematic, June 28, 2013
The film arrived when promised, but not AS promised. The picture shows the rolls of film packaged in the green cardboard packaging. However, the film arrived loosely packed in a clear plastic bag. The problem is that film has an expiration date on the packaging. Without the packaging, there is no evidence of the film's expiration date. I expected the film to be delivered as shown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all around film, April 12, 2003
Bruce Jackson (Irving, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Modern 400 speed films are better in every way than the slow 100 speed films when I first started shooting 35mm. Because of this I see no reason to shoot anything slower than ISO 400 these days. Of all the color films I like Fuji Superia the best; the colors are rich and saturated without looking unatural. Grain and sharpness are very good for a fast film. This is now my standard film. I buy bricks of Fuji Superia X-TRA and onsies and twosies of everything else and my pictures have never looked better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji is the best film hands down!, January 3, 2009
I went horseback riding with my dad. He used kodak 800 speed film I used Fuji 800 film. We had the same kind of camera. We took the same shots, & the same time of day. The Fuji pictures were more sharper, with much more vibrant colors. I would buy nothing but Fuji film. My dad switched to Fuji too!(after he saw my pictures)

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Kodak, August 4, 2000
By A Customer
Don't believe the marketing Kodak does. I was using only Kodakfilms for nearly 5 years. I recently switched to Fuji based on some online reviews...I was pleasantly surprised at the results. I highly recommend this film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Individual rolls of film, not the retail package as shown., July 10, 2013
The film I received appears to be the same brand of film but not what is seen in the picture. The picture shows a retail box package, I received no retail box but 4 individual film canisters wrapped in plastic bubble wrap. The film seems to be new though. It was a bit confusing at first. I think the seller should at least represent the product as is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for General Purpose film, May 8, 2014
You really cant go wrong with Fuji or Kodak film. This ISO 400 film is a great general purpose film that works well both indoors and outdoors. If you plan on shooting exclusively outdoors or in very well lit areas, you might get a slightly better picture quality with an ISO 100 or 200 speed film, but its 2014, and if you're still shooting film, you probably already know this.

Ken Rockwell raves about Fuji Velvia 50 film, but that film is considerably more expensive than this Fuji Superia X-TRA 400.

Ironically, Amazon sells single rolls of Kodak film for less than the average cost of this 4-pack, but Amazon considers the Kodak film to be an "Add-On Item", which means you can only order a maximum of 3 rolls at a time. If you need more, you have to get a different type of film, so I got this. At just under $3 a roll, its still a bargain. The incredibly sad thing is, however, that very few places develop film anymore. You can't just go to your local Walgreens or CVS Pharmacy and have them develop film. The ones that will do it, will send it out to a lab, and from what I've read online, the results vary dramatically. Its luck of the draw whether or not the person developing your film knows what they're doing.

If you want your film developed by someone who has a lot of experience with film and uses quality equipment, for most people your best option is one of the online sources where you mail in your film to do it, but the costs are high. You will pay anywhere between $10 - $25 for a single roll of film to be developed which is in start contrast to how it used to be where your corner drug store would do it for $5 - $6 a roll.