Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm 1068620 Superia X-TRA 400 35mm Film - 4x24 exp, (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on April 27, 2016
Love this film. It's great for everyday stuff as a break away from professional film. I can just load it into my rangefinder when I'm going about my day, and I can take pictures of whatever I come across. Performs strangely well even in overcast, rainy weather. Even on these days, colors still look fantastic, whereas my experience with Kodak Ultramax wasn't so great with colors on gray days. And, even in fluorescent lights, it's rather well balanced after it's processed even though it's a daylight film. I love this stuff and will continue to use it. Not sure why it says discontinued here, because it really isn't.
Also, it's a very low cost film but with great quality. My go-to consumer film for sure, my second choice would be to just use Portra (or even 160NS.)
on April 12, 2003
Modern 400 speed films are better in every way than the slow 100 speed films when I first started shooting 35mm. Because of this I see no reason to shoot anything slower than ISO 400 these days. Of all the color films I like Fuji Superia the best; the colors are rich and saturated without looking unatural. Grain and sharpness are very good for a fast film. This is now my standard film. I buy bricks of Fuji Superia X-TRA and onsies and twosies of everything else and my pictures have never looked better.
on May 2, 2016
Ordered 2 boxes for an upcoming trip and after reading reviews comparing this to the kodak ultramax 400 (which i also bought recently) i will be ordering another box of this. Havent gotten anything developed yet but boxes came as shown and exp isnt until 07/17

review update 5/17/16: I just went to get a roll of this film developed just to find out that none of the pictures i took were actually taken because the film did not advance. I thought i had messed up rewinding the film but that wasnt the case. I had another roll of this film in my camera basically full so i went home and checked and sure enough the second roll did the same thing. however i know it isnt my camera because i got a roll of the kodak film developed and everything turned out fine, and i shot that roll in between both of the fujifilm rolls. very very upset that i missed my window to return 2 of the 3 boxes i've bought, but i might try a few more rolls to see what happens. i will be paying close attention to the rewind knob from now on to make sure it is advancing correctly.
on December 27, 2013
I read through the reviews and know that more than a few people complained about receiving the rolls in a ziploc type bag with no expiration date. Even read a few who said they received it in normal packaging but it expires in 2014. Film should not expire that quickly. I'm glad to say mine arrived in a box in seemingly brand new store bought condition with an expiration date in 2016. Haven't used this specific batch of film yet but I'm sure it will work fine.
on July 3, 2013
This film comes in a clear plastic bag. There is no expiration date on the bag or on the rolls. So there's no way to know whether it's fresh or nearing expiration, and therefore no way to know how long it will be OK to use.
on January 16, 2013
Always liked fuji film and as it is harder and harder to find film, it's great that it's still available for purchase. Fuji has cooler tones than Kodak and in my opinion, the prints turn out nicer too.
on January 29, 2016
The 35mm film is getting harder and harder to find, almost as much as finding places to develop it. But, when you need film, REAL film at 25 Mega Pixel. In which you can take to a image processor and blow up to house size, nothing beats good 35mm film. Okay, a 4x6 studio camera, but who has these at home, in your car or in a bag for those wonderful candid shots? Not me! I ordered a pack of 200, 400 and 800 film for that simple reason, it's getting rare! Can't say a lot about Fuji Film, simply, it's good.
on March 26, 2016
What an amazing resource to find inexpensive film.

I've ordered these twice and both times they've arrived in the original retail box as shown in the item listed.

Developed 5 rolls of film and haven't come across anything that makes me feel the film is going bad!
on March 15, 2013
If you still like taking pictures with a 35mm camera, then I recommend purchasing this 400 speed film by Fujifilm. I grew up using 35mm film, and although I have a digital camera I still break out my 35mm camera as well. To me, the 400 speed film is great for outdoor picture taking as well as for indoor picture taking. This pack of 4 400 speed film is very affordable. I highly recommend this product.
on June 15, 2013
No, contrary to what a lot of people believe, film is not dead. I ran a camera store for a number of years and got hooked on Fuji's color films early on. I like the 400 because it gives me great color and fine enough grain to easily make 11x14 prints.