Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 18, 2015
The colors on this film are fantastic, and it's got a very smooth, subtle grain as well. Be careful using it though, as it's not a C-41 film, so some labs may end up cross-processing it which will distort the color in your photos significantly. It's ISO 50, so pretty much only useable in bright sunlight outdoors, or with a strong flash setup.
on October 4, 2012
What can I say, this film is fantastic. As long as you have plenty of light, 50 speed isn't a problem hand-held. Very rich colors, very very fine grain. This is my go-to film for landscape shooting.
on December 5, 2013
I am enjoying using this film sow that I have become more familiar with the characteristics. It is easy to underexpose shots and end up with images that are far too dark. I have had best results so far shooting this film in a Nikon F3 and setting the camera ISO to 40, rather than 50. This has allowed me to achieve a larger number of images that are correctly exposed. It is still possible to end up with dark images so I do not guarantee success - however when you do get a properly exposed image it has great vibrant colours.
on December 14, 2015
This film is absolutely stunning, but can be challenging to shoot. When you nail it, nothing looks better than Velvia 50. Make sure you overexpose slightly in lower light and follow the manufacturer directions for exposure. There is very little room for error, so make sure you know what you're doing before you shoot a bunch of this expensive color reversal film. I had success shooting this handheld, particularly with wider lenses and lenses with IS, but use a monopod if you are uncertain of the light.
on December 4, 2013
The best slide film on earth. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. You will get beautiful, sharp, high-contrast and high-saturated images that will make your eyes bleed when projected.
on November 23, 2012
I love the richness of the colors in this film. It accurately captures the scene with exceptional detail. Highly recommended for landscape film photographers.
on September 5, 2011
beautiful colors! great for landscapes. highly recommended. People don't look as good, color wise. Better color than my 5d for scenery.
on November 16, 2011
This film is great for outdoor work to evening light. I had great results with the film in Japan and in the Wisconsin summer. I plan to use this for daytime football games in Green Bay with the snow and sunshine. I have read where the film does a great job converting to black and white in Photoshop, and I can say those results were great too. Not that I use the whole role for B&W; however, it is nice to have this as an option. I use this in my Canon F-1, Olympus OM-1n and the Fujica 801.

Scanning to digital via macro lens shooting or some outsourced scans.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 13, 2013
Love the colors of Velvia. I have Velvia 50 shot during late 90s are I know they exist. Unlike digital ones which constantly needs to be backed up, I still love the physical films. During a recent trip I loaded with Velvia 50 and 100 and probably only one in thousands using film camera at Disneyland. Reliable, and rugged. My F80 served me well. Use Braun Novamat M330 AF 35mm Slide Viewer / Projector with 85mm f/2.8 Projection Lens to project the developed slides. Also the tablets are excellent lighttables.
on May 20, 2013
Not much call for this anymore. Great for fantastic landscape shots or anything forest or jungle. The greens and reds really pop out without looking cartoonish at all.