4.0 out of 5 stars Decent point and shoot camera
Published on May 13, 2012 by Seball

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a Nikon D700, but it gets the job done.
Published on July 31, 2012 by gaingreene

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent point and shoot camera, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
I am enjoying the use of this camera. To appreciate the value of this item, you have to acknowledge its limitations which are the same as any budget friendly camera. It will not produce SLR photos; however, it does produce pictures that are as good as any point and shoot compact camera. It rendered excellent outdoor photos, still and sport. The indoor photos were good. I did adjust some settings to get the results that I desired, but it was super easy. The camera is very user friendly. If you approach your purchase of this camera with a realistic expectation of its capabilities, you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
I was looking for a small, easy to use camera that would easily fit in a pocket or small purse to take on our trip to Disney. I found both in this camera. The pictures came out very clear and the colors were true to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple canera, easy to use, low cost.., September 29, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
I bought the AX550 for about $80 and added a $7 memory card. My previous cameras were a couple of $130 Kodak M1033's (I now know why they went out of business) and a great $280 Panasonic Lumix that I dropped in a lake. With the simple shots I take, I didn't need anything more expensive than this Fujifilm. Out of the box, it's simple, intuitive and easy to set up and use. I did read the paper manual for a few tips, but probably didn't need to if I'd taken more time to play with the camera. I'm no engineer like a previous reviewer, so I don't have a particular mind set about how something should operate. I just like simple, and this camera is just that. I get good photo's that are worthy of framing, depending on the photo paper I use, up to 5X7. Anything beyond that is grainy but that's what you get from an $80 camera. The movie mode works well and is easy to figure out. Given the cost, it's hard for me to criticize the camera, except to say it's a bit thicker than some and it's slick....hard to hold onto sometimes, but that's a problem I see with most small cameras. Someday there will be a rugged outdoor version that has a rubber-like coating and then I'll be happy. A positive about this model is that it takes AA batteries, inexpensive to replace and available at grocery stores and gas stations everywhere. So, for a simple, decent camera that does not cost much, it's been a good choice for me. I read that some reviewers got a bad AX550, units that had out-of-the-box problems. All I can say is it happens from time to time, but if the manufacturer or the seller warranties it, then it'll all work out. I tried it with Kodak and they still sent bad stuff, so I know it does not always work for the consumer. All in all, I believe this camera is a good one, considering the cost. Namaste....now go take some pictures.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a Nikon D700, but it gets the job done., July 31, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
This is a great camera for a decent price! I have bulky professional equipment and don't feel like lugging it across the country for lollapalooza in a few days, besides they wouldn't let me through the gates with my big rig. But Jimminey Christmas this thing has 16mp. Just a few years ago, you couldn't buy a 10mp camera for under $1000. If you are expecting the quality of say a Nikon D700 you will be sorely disappointed. It takes pictures, which is the main goal right? And you don't have to take out a loan at the local S&L which are being put out of business by Chase and Citibank to get it, by the way.

If you are mainly taking pictures at family events or at the club with your girls, then you really don't need more than this. Sure there are better "built" cameras out there, but why bother unless you are one of those types of people that have to have the latest and greatest even if your main shooting style is "Auto." Simple, well constructed and affordable!

If you need all the bells and whistles in a point and shoot, then you are probably trying to impress someone who really doesn't care. Namaste all you shutterbugs :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
This is an economy camera but it has three things going for it. First, the photos are quite decent for regular snapshotting. Low light performance is adequate. Second, it is tiny, and uses AA batteries, so it is a great travel companion. Third, the price is great! Never worry about losing an expensive camera again.

I bought three of these. One for myself, one for my parents, and yet another for the in-laws. Build quality was fine on all three. Granted its all plastic, but I can see it lasting five or more years if treated well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cost Alone!, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
I snagged this for $39.99 on Black Friday - after owning 3 now broken very expensive cameras, it's a 5 based on cost and ease of use - I just want a few memories, I'm not a photographer! I like that it's AA and don't have to worry about recharing before I head out to XYZ!

Happy to see positive reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Small Compact Camera., May 22, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
Good all purpose compact camera with all the gadgets you need. I was impressed with the controls and quality of the camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, January 17, 2013
Not bad for a 16mp camera for the price, especially since it offers the freedom of using AA batteries. Thing is, to switch to movie mode takes going into the menu option.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
the camera is great very good pics and the video feature is wonderful.I keep it with me at all times i, have taken quite a few very good pictures with it allready.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy picture taking, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera (Electronics)
The functions are great for a cheap camera, but the lens quality is lacking. You don't get the definition you get with Nikon or Cannon lenses. Oh, and I love the fact that it takes standard batteries.

Fujifilm FinePix AX550 Digital Camera