Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm FinePix S4200 Digital Camera
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 27, 2012
The biggest reason I bought this camera was the fact it has a viewfinder which I use almost exclusively. Even though the LCD screen is very clear, having a viewfinder is great for seeing in the bright sunlight. Also having the viewfinder saves a lot of battery life. I can take hundreds of shots without changing batteries. The pictures are very clear and it's easy to use. It even tells you if one of your subjects blinked when you take a shot and then zooms in to show you which one closed their eyes. That way you can take the picture again. This is a great feature as I've missed many shots in the past due to people closing their eyes. It also recognizes if a child smiles and automatically takes the picture so you don't miss the shot. Some reviews I read said the video wasn't very clear but I have taken many video shots and they have always been crystal clear. It has great stop action for those sports shots. It's a great camera especially for the price and I would highly recommend it.
on August 30, 2012
This is my first "big" camera. I love photography and have always wanted a camera like this. After doing much research and comparing, I decided on the FinePix S4200. I love it! The video quality is beyond amazing! I love that it can recognize faces and when you have blinked. The different modes are amazing as well. My concern was not being able to take macro pictures, but I was amazed by the clarity of the picture. I took a picture of a very small fly and when you zoom in, you can see the little veins on the wings!!! Also, the 24x zoom is spectacular!! I never thought I could read a list from far away.
The camera was not hard to figure out and the program needed for it was easy to install. I still have to play with it a little more, but I do have some amazing pictures.
I love it! I highly recommend this camera to those who are just starting.
review image
on July 14, 2012
I almost didn't buy this camera because of the negative reviews about "graininess," poor low light function and flashes not working. In reverse order:

My flash works just fine.

On my first outing, I got some excellent night time pictures at ISO 100 and 200 with long enough shutter speeds. This did require using a tripod...that I bought for a dollar at Dollar Tree.

Were those photos grainy? Not in the least. I did take some at ISO 1600 that were grainy.

I'm not an expert photographer who knows just how to tweak any camera to get what I want. I spent about an hour online reading up on this jargon (shutter speed, f-stop, aperture, ISO) that a week ago was Greek to me. In that reading, I did learn that those ISO 1600 shots were going to be grainy.

Will I want to upgrade to a DSLR and a suitcase of lenses at some point in the next couple of years? It's highly likely. And that's as much because of the great results I'm getting from this camera as anything.

All things considered, given that this camera has fully automatic settings that allow it to function as a "point and shoot" at 14 MP plus the modes with manual control all at a price comparable to a 14 MP point and shoot with a lower zoom....well, come on...How can this not be a 5-star review?
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2012
I recently made a big change from a Fuji Finepix S9000 to this new model Finepix S4200.
I like it show far. It's a bit easier to handle for me since I am disabled.This camera is
much smaller than my old one. Only con I find is the blink setting. Even without people
in the picture it says someone blinked. I just disabled it.My eyes disappear when I smile anyway.
I am just getting to use it. Taking pictures daily to learn the new settings.
This camera is very versatile does a lot of good things. Pictures look good so far
I compare to my old camera pictures since there is a good difference of pixels.
I would recommend it to people.
on March 17, 2012
Was on the market for a new camera and found out that Kodak was not going to make them anymore, so I looked at this camera and a canon, was happy that this one was over a $100 cheaper and had better zoom and many options. I have used it in several lightings and very happy with the results. Can't wait to use it at my kids Spring concert. Will update again then. Great product.
on July 24, 2012
This machine is for those who do not want complicated, I have a Nikon D - 3000 SRL with several lenses and a telephoto zoom Sigma 70-300 macro and other interesting additions. I found after I bought it was heavy and complicated for long trips. Fujifilm finepix 4200 recommend bridge camera as one of the best options in every way (easy handling and light) at a great price, I am impressed with the quality of the photographs and lots of options and recommend them. Thanks to "Amazon" to offer these products that solve fast, invite you to know I have uploaded some photos to see what you think.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 2, 2012
This camara is awesome it has both automatic and manual settings its great for the beginner because until you understand manual mode you can use the automatic settings,then once you get better just switch it to manual mode..
on June 10, 2012
Really happy with the quality of photos this camera produces. The features and controls are easy to use and menu navigation is simple. It is a good camera for a beginner with DSLR or a weekend photographer, like myself.
on June 19, 2013
I have always been a snapshot artist, using all sorts of camera to get shots over the years. This camera was the result of a long search, for a unit with some weight to it for steadiness, a tripod fitting (essential) and a good zoom. After checking several major manufacturers, the S4200 seemed perfect for me. Now that I have had it for about 9 months or so, I could not be more pleased. The zoom is astonishing, and all the features I have learned so far are great. Like all digital technology, it has more gizmos than I will ever use, but it has a point-and-shoot capability that made it very easy to pick up and start using right away. Great field depth, sharp colors, HD quality, and setting, easy to controls, I think they made this just for me. I like how simple it is to navigate the settings. Beautiful camera, top-notch quality! I find that it takes better close ups (such as flowers, etc.)
RECOMMENDED SD CARD TESTED FOR SPEED AND PICTURE QUALITY:
SanDisk 16 GB Mobile microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G-AFFP
LINKTO SD : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFXIDO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pros
* Good image quality
* Easy to use
* Zoom range/performance
* Fast / accurate auto-focus
* Large clear LCD
Cons
* Short battery LIFE (RECHARGEABLE BATTERY WORKS GREAT)
Best Uses
* Landscape/scenery
* Travel
* Family photos
* Low light
* Sports/action
* Blink detector
* Quick snap shots
* Self timer (combine with facial recognition) example: if you set the timer to take a picture and you're not in front of the camera, the built in software will not detect you or any faces ,therefore no picture will be taken.
* Yes, I would recommend this to a friend, Well even if you're not a friend
review image review image review image
on July 3, 2012
This camera works soooo great! I just got in in yesterday and I'm already taking great photos. It's easy to use and the manual is easy to understand. The only thing is that the HD video doesn't work too well at night, kinda scratchy looking, but in the day time its amazing! I saw some other reviews about the flash not working right, well it works fine for me so far, if anything goes wrong, I'll posy again. Anyways I HIGHLY recommend :)
review image review image