Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 24, 2012
My husband chose this camera for me after doing extensive research. He chose it for the price and ease of function.

I wanted a camera that was intuitive to use and didn't take looking in the manual to take a simple photo. I love taking photos, but I don't want to become a professional photographer.

This camera takes beautiful detailed photos and is easy to use.

It has a button near the top of the camera to move the lens closer for long-range photos.

You can turn off the flash and still take fairly decent indoor photos in places you can't use a flash.

You can switch between viewing the photos you have taken to taking photos with a separate button on the camera.

It has an energy saving mechanism, though, that you will need to understand. If you are waiting for a perfect picture, the camera will turn off to save energy. So, you will either need to increase the time setting or move the focus in and out so the camera will not shut off.

This camera has many other features within its menu; but if you don't want to deal with all of those and just want to take photos, this camera is the one to buy.
on July 14, 2012
Great camera. Basic but yet advanced. Great photo quality and I am very happy with it. Packaging was awesome and it arrived sooner that I thought. Eventhough the camera doesnt have an internal memory, it is not a big deal because SD cards are everywhere. Just pop it out and load to your computer for whatever. I am very happy with this camera and the online deal is greater than the ususal store like Bestbuy.
on November 20, 2013
Very disappointed in this camera. I'm no camera expert, I wanted something good but compact to take with me everywhere to capture all those spontaneous moments with my daughter. Quality of pictures is fair with ideal conditions and the pre-programmed settings don't seem to help much. For instance, even with minimal movement and on "Sport" mode, I haven't been able to take a single non-blurry picture. Focus time is relatively extensive and I've missed many great shots waiting for it to focus. Low-light shots are just about not worth bothering to take. Perhaps I just go a lemon, but if my experience is representative of this camera, I would not recommend this camera to anyone no matter the price point, find something that will at least take reliable, everyday pictures.
on October 11, 2013
I loved this camera. It takes great close up shots for selling items online. Then, 8 months after purchase, the message "Turn off the camera and turn it on again" appeared. Rebooting it did nothing to help. Fuji will fix it free. Here is the problem: They will have my camera for 4 - 6 weeks in order to fix it or send me a new one. If you use it for work or anything important, don't buy this camera unless you can return it somewhere locally and get something that works ASAP. Really, a month plus?

Edited after replacement came in the mail: Well, I got a refurbished or new T400 camera in the mail in a week, not the 4-6 weeks I was quoted. I guess I will sell the Panasonic I picked up.

Edited after using another camera: The T400 takes great shots and is easy to use. I guess if it is going to break occasionally, I should just rotate 2 of them. I missed it dearly. It takes great pics for selling on line.

Grrrrr! Editing again! 2 refurbished replacements are defective. I am sending a 3rd T400 back under warranty.
55 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
Impressed with quality of pictures and user friendly.
However, I don't think it is a "true" 10x zoom as advertised unless there's a technical feature that I don't understand...I have an older Nikon that is a 5x zoom and takes closer shots than the Fugi. Overall performance is excellent nonetheless. I'm happy.
Great service on order!
on June 26, 2014
Great little point and shoot camera with more options available than most point and shoot cameras. It offers 10x optical zoom, programmed (semi-automatic) mode, several automatic modes, a panorama mode. This camera is worth it.
on September 16, 2015
This product had all the features I was wanting in a point and shoot camera. It worked properly for three days. It then gave an error message that can only be fixed by the manufacturer. I am returning it for a refund. This is the last time I will purchase a refurbished product.
on January 30, 2013
This is something I waited nearly 6 months to buy and I'm not disappointed. Same maker as my orig camera so my learning curve was cut. :-) I am a birder and gardener and it takes great pics I can upload and add to my writings.
on November 4, 2015
this is an excellent camera for those that do not need to take a ton of photos. Instructions aren't bad to follow once you've read them and overall setup is easy. I like the large LCD and overall quality of photos is up to my expectations. It came with usb cable, wall charger, manual and wrist strap. I would buy again
on March 8, 2014
My oldest saved up her allowance ($5 every two weeks then $10 the last couple weeks) to get this camera. My husband and I picked it out for her after discussing price range. This is our 3rd Fuji camera. My husband got me a refurbished bulkier version way back in 2002 when we were first expecting our oldest. I upgraded to a bigger one in 2007. Sorry for the lack of technical verbiage!

Anyway, I do like Fuji over other brands because of the button. It presses down half way very nicely. You then see green if it's focused or red if it's not (as far as I know most digital cameras do this). Something simple enough for my daughter as well as me!

It takes pretty decent pics. I'm still playing with the options as sometimes they end up grainy. I know it's not "child friendly" but it's been a great first starter when for a budding photographer (and now she leaves mine alone!) It's also been nice to pass off the picture taking to her as I have been slacking over the years haha

It's easy to use (another reason we stuck with Fuji, we don't have to re-learn buttons & menus) The screen is nice and big. It charges quickly & holds a charge.