Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 93 questions
votes
Hello, On EXR and Auto mode I've found my images in low light to be sub par without using the flash - which then can unfortunately cause it's own set of problems. However, as I learn the camera I find adjusting the settings and really depending on the manual as a reference guide, along with youtube tutorial videos that my low and dim light photos are improving. I'm an Amateur at this stage of course but more advanced photographers would have an effortless time taking great shots in low light conditions. If you're shopping around check out the Panasonic FZ200 and the Sony DDSC-HX300 both have won tremendous accolades for low light performance. Hope this helps!
Dec 1, 2013 by Peter Suslock
votes
I scored the deal yesterday and have it in hand today. Serial Number 33.......... This tells me that it was produced in 2013, 3rd quarter so it definitely is the new sensor. It doesn't exibit lens droop or unwind. There is a little play in the lens when extended, but not like I saw on Utube videos of the problem. Battery is charging and I'm fired up!
Nov 15, 2013 by Tony B
vote
No. A DSLR has interchangeable lens. But if you are looking for the best camera you will ever get for your money, then buy the X-S1. I have owned several SLR's (now called a "D"SLR because of "Digital") in my 40+ years in the art of photography, and this is my camera of choice. I would not own another "D"SLR. If you want to get into DSLR's fine. They are quite pricey and unless you are going to play "Keep up with the Jones", buying lens after lens, then be my guest. Truly, this is a remarkable camera, and has more bells and whistles than any novice will ever understand, or use. The camera is for the serious armature or a professional. I recommend it with a 5 star intro. with no reservation at all. Thanks, Boone
Nov 14, 2013 by Bill Boone
vote
Hi, I'm in Australia and I take it that the chances are that the questioner is in the USA. We have a different legal framework here concerning consumer protections that are more strict on the supplier than in the USA. All my Fuji cameras have been good and I've had about six of them over the last ten years so I don't worry about warranty cards, I flick them in the bin. having said that I can't remember seeing a warranty card in the box either but I'm trying to remember back nearly two years. If you have real concerns I'd contact Fuji in your country but I think with a few small inconveniences this camera is a real good one to have. I've taken some of my best shots with this camera. Its versatility is really good. Many programmes and facilities to help you take your best shots. It has a lot in it and may take you a while to come to grips with all the goodies in this camera. Happy shooting with your new camera.
May 8, 2014 by B. Eibisch
vote
I got the X-S1 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, and am quite happy with it so far. It's nearly twice as heavy as some of the other super-zooms (incl. the Panasonic), in fact with the lens retracted in all the way, it is about the same size as the Nikon D5100 DSLR I also recently got, with its 18-55mm lens kit. (The DSLR grows significantly in size with a comparable lens though, e.g. the 18-300mm Nikkor super-zoom). I don't have a FZ200 to compare with, but given the larger sensor in the X-S1, the IQ "should" generally be better. Someone else compared these two (with image samples) at: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3352784 If you view these images in full size, you'll generally find the X-S1 ones to be clearer/less noisy and also with better color representation. The FZ200 has a faster lens in the "tele" end though (F2.8 all the way through), so might compensate for some of this difference when zoomed in with moderate light. (Note though that the smaller sensor won't allow for quite as high ISO). Also, the faster lens in the FZ200 will also give it a narrower depth of field. Plugging the numbers, given a subject 10m away and zoomed in all the way: * The FZ200 (focal length 108 mm, F2.8) will have a DoF of ~0.27 m * The XS1 (focal length 158 mm, F5.6) will have a DoF of ~0.36 m So the FZ200 will allow you to create slightly more "bokeh" in your photos. In comparison, a DLSR with an APS-C sensor (crop factor 1.5x) and a 300mm lens, F5.6 will have a DoF of 0.27 m. Note though that the "Full Frame" equivalent focal length in this case is 450mm, vs. the Panasonic's 600mm equivalent zoom - so the DSLR option will give you more "bokeh" for the same zoom factor. Both seem to have decent/good battery life (in the mid-DSLR range). Still contemplating whether to keep my X-S1 or the Nikon + the Nikkor 18-300mm lens. The latter is definitely much more expensive and also there are compromises with ANY super-zoom lens (vs. prime lenses), but this latter option is still quite versatile and gives overall better IQ than the bridge cams.
Jan 2, 2013 by Tor Slettnes
votes
I've never owned a Panny FZ70, but I did own a Panny FZ40 and I will say the FZ40 is a fine camera with excellent image quality. That being said, I love the image quality on the X-S1 and overall I think it is a better camera. I don't know about anybody else, but I had a problem with dust and dirt getting inside of the FZ40 camera's lens and it made the camera unusable. The X-S1 is an amazing camera and it is built very solid with many metal fittings instead of plastic pieces that you find on a lot of cameras. I love the manual zoom as well, it's got a pro-camera feel about it, I wouldn't trade my X-S1 camera for any other out there. The filter size is 62mm which I highly recommend getting to protect your lens. I bought a Fujicon clear UV filter lens and a Sigma polarized lens as well for bright sunlight days. I couldn't be happier with my X-S1 camera.
Feb 17, 2014 by Michael Gabriel
votes
Yes Fuji supplies a Manual.Best Camera I have owned.
Dec 2, 2013 by Randolph M. Moore
votes
It may be that you have camera shake. 1st make sure you have the camera held firmly, do not hold it at arms length. 2ndpress the shutter button 1/2 way down and hold it there, this locks in the focus. Hold your breath and press the shutter button down the rest of the way. Another problem may be the shutter speed is too slow. 1/60th is about as slow for a wide angle shot. as you zoom out look at the barrel end see the mm on the barrel. at 200mm shot no slower than 1/200th. at 500mm no slower than 1/500th. In reality 1/500th is too slow for 500mm. I would try 1/800or higher. I hope this helps. Boone
Dec 27, 2013 by Boone Baldwin
votes
The one I bought last month started with 33. I know there were some warnings out there about the 22's, but that is apparently a thing of the past. Mine is even better than I had hoped and Amazon had a great pricing on it.
Dec 4, 2013 by Bill D
votes
Yes.
Nov 15, 2013 by Tony B
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers