5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile film!
After Kodachrome went the way of the dinosaur, I wanted a nice film for landscape work. It was a toss up between Provia and Velvia, but after shooting both, the pros below were what made this my go-to E6 film.

PROS
- EXCELLENT landscape film
- Green tones are true-to-life
- Sky isn't as turquoise as Velvia
- Almost grainless!
- Not...
Published on April 2, 2012 by Ciaran

2.0 out of 5 stars Shelf Life Problem
Published 20 months ago by OddJobber

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile film!, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm Fujichrome Provia 100F Color Slide Film ISO 100, 35mm, 36 Exposures (Electronics)

PROS
- EXCELLENT landscape film
- Green tones are true-to-life
- Sky isn't as turquoise as Velvia
- Almost grainless!
- Not over-saturated for portraits

NEUTRAL
- Apparently, this film has a slight blue tint to it, but I haven't noticed it yet.

This really is a very versatile film, and I would highly suggest you take some along on your text vacation - it really is the ideal film for travel and photojournalism!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great option, November 3, 2011
Branden (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I am not a film expert, but I do have about a decade of photography experience.

I've used this film primarily for landscapes, both in bright daylight and in dim twilight. The sky, trees, and ground all look amazing. In certain situations, this film will bring out pinker tones than expected, but this is just a characteristic of this film, and not a drawback. As most people reading a review of slide film probably already know, slide film is more prone to over and underexposure than negative film (and digital), and this film is no exception. I've posted a landscape shot on Provia 100F on this item's customer images, for a sample.

The roll of film itself was perfect -- no issues at all.

Overall I was very happy with this item, and have already purchased more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shelf Life Problem, March 17, 2013
First let me say that this is an excellent film. My problem is with unknown storage conditions. This film has a two year shelf life and Fuji recommends refrigerated storate even for short term. The roll I received was fourteen months old and I have no idea of how or where it's been stored. Also a problem with packaging. This was received in one of Amazon's new packing methods which consists of a piece of folded cardboard. The film carton was crushed, but the film cannister apparently protected the roll itself. I tried this for the convenience, since no one in my part of town sells 35mm film, but I had to pass on this one and returned it. It'll be a crosstown trip for me to a pro shop that has fresh stock and refrigerated storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fugifilm Provia 100F Slide film, June 12, 2014
Was just as expected. I needed ths slide film for a special project. I guess I am living in the past but I preferred Kodak slide film but I guess that is gone with the wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful film, May 22, 2014
Man, this stuff is great. It might be my new go-to. I have never shot slide film before I bought a roll of this. I was blown away. Previously I had mostly been shooting Ektar, which I liked.

- Detail and grain are out of this world. At 30 megapixel scans the grain is barely there.
- Colors are pleasantly saturated, without looking overdone, or messing up skin tones. It's like a slightly cooler and tamer Ektar, without the pink caucasians.
- Contrast is great at the cost of dynamic range of course. I was scared because I had heard how unforgiving slide film can be but on the whole roll I only had 2 shots with obviously missed exposure.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dwindling options, May 3, 2014
J. BURGESON (Stratford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I'm not very impressed with this product for a number of reasons. For starters, the base seems to be too brittle, and I had trouble with the leader snapping off in the take-up spool. Secondly, the shadow detail was lacking. I know that this is a judgement call, but that what I found in looking at my slides. Finally, I really have to wonder whether Provia delivers the full, rated speed. I think it might be best to overexpose it by about a half-stop. I shot it in a couple different cameras, and the results were disappointing in this regard. Never had these issues with Kodak Ektachrome, but that's gone now and Fujichrome is about the only game in town.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujichrome slide film, March 2, 2014
The product was what I expected and it is great. I would recommend it to anyone. It is hard to find slide film anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best film for slides, April 13, 2013
Manuel Feldman (Northbrook, IL, US) - See all my reviews
I have used this film for stereo slides for a number years and have always had excellent results.
There is no visible grain when viewing the mounted slides,

5.0 out of 5 stars Cross process intentions, January 18, 2013
Worked great however I like the film in e6 look more. It's a personal tastes issue really. Great colors and quality. Great shipping speeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will get more of this for sure!!!, September 8, 2014
Excellent film transparencies I LOVE IT!!! They produce high quality slides, that I can use on my 35mm projector :-)