5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera!
Published on December 27, 2011 by Bacchus

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome frame size but fragile plastic body
Published on February 15, 2010 by Jules

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera!, December 27, 2011
Bacchus (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
My wife has always been a big fan of the old Polaroid film cameras but since the film costs an arm and a leg these days she has gone without for many, many years. I came across this camera while researching instant cameras to see if anyone has produced something comparable to the old Polaroid. The reviews for this camera were overwhelmingly positive and for 60 dollars I thought the price was fantastic so I decided to give it a try. I gave the camera to my wife this Christmas and she LOVES IT!

The camera is VERY large. It looks like a big toy camera but the build quality is actually quite good. I did expect it to be big as all the processing is done in the camera but I was still surprised at just how big it was. This is not a camera that you can easily slip into your purse or pocket so keep that in mind when making your purchase.

The film prices are quite reasonable and it comes out to be about 70 cents per picture. You only get 10 pics per cartridge of film so you want to make each pic count. This has actually made us take better pictures as we are consciously thinking about each pic instead of just clicking away with a digital camera.

The quality of the pictures is actually quite good. I wasn't expecting too much to be honest but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. The camera has 3 picture modes which are lighten, normal and darken. It also has flash control but I am not quite sure what that does because whether you turn it on or off the flash ALWAYS goes off. Many people have stated the same thing so it looks like this is how it is supposed to be but always having a flash on can make indoor pictures look a little washed out. I found that for us the best setting for indoor pictures with normal room lighting is to set the picture to darken and turn on the flash. This seems to give is the best results and the pictures don't look washed out at all. In fact the color saturation and detail is quite amazing.

We are very satisfied with the camera and recommend it to anyone looking for an instant film camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and even better film than the old SX-70, April 13, 2010
Robert J. Crowley (Sudbury, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I love my Fuji Instax. The integral film is less expensive than Polaroid was, and the camera, though a bit large and lighweight, is easy to use, sharp outdoors, and functions rather well.

The flash always fires, which is a bit of an annoyance sometimes, but mostly it doesn't matter. The colors from the Instax film are superb - beautiful blues, pinks and a nice gray scale too, with decent sharpness, all at a fairly low price. One can only wish that Fuji or some other manufacturers would produce a film back to take this excellent film over to other cameras same as Lomo did with the mini-Instax. Perhaps they will. In the meantime, this is such an easy camera to use, produces excellent outdoor images, OK inside shots at parties and the like, and everybody just loves to see that picture come up, like magic!

Fuji has taken film to a new level. Let's hope it continues, as analog film aficionados in the US are just now discovering this resource, which apparently has been around for a while in Japan and elsewhere, but not in the US.

Pros: Good colors, sharpness, fast film speed (800) and decent image size. Lower film price, and instant results!
Cons: Indoors you always have to use the flash, the camera is a bit big and lightweight, but so what, the cool factor when you show up with this thing is well worth it. This camera is much better outdoors than indoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, a must-have for weddings, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I bought this camera for a DIY photo booth/ guest book at my wedding and it was one of the best investments I made. The camera is HUGE, but not heavy. I had someone take pictures of guests and then put them in our guest book. Later, we brought out props and everyone had a blast posing. They were also able to take a photo home and loved that. I think the size of the camera and the fact that it is an instant camera makes people smile/laugh more than they do in digital camera/phone pictures. The price of the camera is cheap and you can get some great film deals on amazon. Will be using it for the holidays for sure. Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced My Polaroid 600!, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
This camera and film are awesome! After doing quite a bit of research I decided to buy this camera and film rather than pay an outrageous price for Polaroid film for my 600 camera. At first I wished the Fuji picture was the classic square shape but the wide format is actually really nice. The Instax 210 looks a lot better in all black rather than the blue of the previous 200 model. The camera feels like higher quality than my Polaroid camera. There are more setting options, the lens zooms in and out and the digital display on the side gives it a more professional look and feel. I also like the design and comfort of holding the camera when taking a picture. So far the picture quality is great indoor and outdoor. I bought a Lowepro case that my camera, close-up attachment and extra film pack all fit in and it is perfect for carrying around. The size is definately larger than the small digital cameras but it isn't too big, it's cool. I do NOT recommend the mini Instax or mini Polaroid. Business card size pictures? Everyone that has seen this camera loves it and talks about how great instant film is!

NOTE: I do not think I will buy anything by Polaroid in the future after experiencing their customer service and learning what they have done with their iconic instant brand. It's a real shame...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun camera for parties!, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I bought this camera to snap pics of wedding guests as they entered the door. Then, the pics were placed in a photo guest book for everyone to sign. The end result was a fabulous memorable photo guestbook. The camera itself is much larger than anticipated which added to everyone's amusement. When the camera was pointing at the guest, all the guest could do was smile. It is definitely not your small sleek smartphone. The camera itself was a focal point and many guests left wanting one. The quality of the picture was better than I anticipated. This is a fun, instant camera. If you are looking for digital quality, this is not the camera for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome frame size but fragile plastic body, February 15, 2010
Jules (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
This is one of my favorite new instant cameras. I love the frame size and the quality of prints, but the actual camera body is very fragile. It is plastic, and I have had it break for myself and three of my friends. If you even slightly knock or bump it, it could shut off and stop functioning. I have had to replace two already. I love it so much, so i keep coming back. But, just know, you will have to be way more careful with this camera than any other camera I have ever tried using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fugifilm INSTAX 210 Use, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I have shot several pack of film with this camera. Pictures always come out of camera well and developing of picture is fast. (Wish the Impossible Project for Polaroid will use these same chemicals in their film for the 600 series.) I love this camera! The bad thing.... people get excited when they see the picture and then they want a picture of themselves. I have no complaints about the camera. It works great! I feel like I have sold a few of these camera's for Fuji as people ask me, "Where can I get one?" I wish Wal-mart or Target stocked the film for this camera but they only stock film for the Mini Series. I would rather have the 210 than a mini camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, December 30, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I was surprised with this gift not long ago after wanting an Instax for so long. I was super excited and definitely had reason to be.
I didn't expect the 210 to be as big as it is (think smallish dslr, or, as big as a teenage girl's face. Yes, I am serious.) But a big camera means bigger images and that's what I wanted. The images that come out are at least the size of two Instax mini photos, plus maybe half an inch? It's worth it in my opinion. You an fit much more on the film that with a Mini.
So far I have shot indoors at night, indoors at sunrise, and outdoors near noon.
The flash has gone off three out of six times because of a little button you can use to turn off flash. (See image) Many people say you cannot turn the flash off, which is somewhat true in some cases. You press the flash button to turn it on officially and you don't turn it on to get no flash. If your camera feels that there is enough light, it will not fire the flash. If if feels it is too dark, it will fire. So just make sure that you have enough light and it won't fire off.
It has a lighten, darken, and normal button that you press for more customized options. (See image) I've used the lighten and normal options. The lightened image had very vibrant coloring and turned out pretty great with minimal wash out (I used flash on that one and it as my first image).
Some things I want to point out:
The Battery Compartment
The camera's battery compartment was set up strange. All coils were on one side, yet you were supposed to alternate ends, like + - + -. I don't know if they are all like this but mine was. It didn't turn on when I pushed the lower button so it does matter how the batteries are put in.
The closure for the battery compartment is kind of cheap and can't seem to lock in like most battery covers do. So I taped it shut with electrical tape and it works fine.
The film purchased with the camera was easy to put in once you looked at the directions on the foil packaging.
The coloring can be tricky but I have only had it one day so I do have stuff to learn. Most of my images have turned out great.
I recommend checking your camera strap every few minutes as the one that came with the box can slide down and become loose. (Which possibly equals a broken camera if you are on some hard surface like concrete)
This camera is not very heavy while holding on its own but can feel heavy on your neck.
The lighting settings, distance settings, and flash icon can be found on the small oval screen on the side (see image).
I think I covered everything...

4.0 out of 5 stars I really Like this camera, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
Although this is a fairly big camera, it is very easy to use and the instant gratification of a printed picture is priceless, especially for my six year old! The only aspect that I am not crazy about is that the flash is always on, so the pictures come out better when the environment is a little dark. You can change the settings from lighter-normal-darker and sometimes that can be a bit of a guessing game, but overall this camera is so much fun. I use it for my son's SMASH book (scrap-booking). The picture size is also a bonus compared to other instant cameras. The 'wide' film is worth the price. And the price of this camera was phenomenal! The nostalgic factor can't be beat - I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I absolutely love this camera. I have gone through 20+ packs of film and absolutely ADORE using it. It's a great conversation starter too! I have 50+ pictures on my bedroom wall and I constantly get compliments on them!

The only con I really have on this camera, and it isn't truly a con, is the size. Its a great camera, just not definitely the most travel friendly camera! If you use good batteries, you won't have to replace them for a long time. Overall, awesome camera!

Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera