4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and even better film than the old SX-70
I love my Fuji Instax. The integral film is less expensive than Polaroid was, and the camera, though a bit large and lighweight, is easy to use, sharp outdoors, and functions rather well.

Published on April 13, 2010 by Robert J. Crowley

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome frame size but fragile plastic body
Published on February 15, 2010 by Jules

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and even better film than the old SX-70, April 13, 2010
Robert J. Crowley (Sudbury, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)

The flash always fires, which is a bit of an annoyance sometimes, but mostly it doesn't matter. The colors from the Instax film are superb - beautiful blues, pinks and a nice gray scale too, with decent sharpness, all at a fairly low price. One can only wish that Fuji or some other manufacturers would produce a film back to take this excellent film over to other cameras same as Lomo did with the mini-Instax. Perhaps they will. In the meantime, this is such an easy camera to use, produces excellent outdoor images, OK inside shots at parties and the like, and everybody just loves to see that picture come up, like magic!

Fuji has taken film to a new level. Let's hope it continues, as analog film aficionados in the US are just now discovering this resource, which apparently has been around for a while in Japan and elsewhere, but not in the US.

Pros: Good colors, sharpness, fast film speed (800) and decent image size. Lower film price, and instant results!
Cons: Indoors you always have to use the flash, the camera is a bit big and lightweight, but so what, the cool factor when you show up with this thing is well worth it. This camera is much better outdoors than indoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera!, December 27, 2011
Bacchus (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
My wife has always been a big fan of the old Polaroid film cameras but since the film costs an arm and a leg these days she has gone without for many, many years. I came across this camera while researching instant cameras to see if anyone has produced something comparable to the old Polaroid. The reviews for this camera were overwhelmingly positive and for 60 dollars I thought the price was fantastic so I decided to give it a try. I gave the camera to my wife this Christmas and she LOVES IT!

The camera is VERY large. It looks like a big toy camera but the build quality is actually quite good. I did expect it to be big as all the processing is done in the camera but I was still surprised at just how big it was. This is not a camera that you can easily slip into your purse or pocket so keep that in mind when making your purchase.

The film prices are quite reasonable and it comes out to be about 70 cents per picture. You only get 10 pics per cartridge of film so you want to make each pic count. This has actually made us take better pictures as we are consciously thinking about each pic instead of just clicking away with a digital camera.

The quality of the pictures is actually quite good. I wasn't expecting too much to be honest but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. The camera has 3 picture modes which are lighten, normal and darken. It also has flash control but I am not quite sure what that does because whether you turn it on or off the flash ALWAYS goes off. Many people have stated the same thing so it looks like this is how it is supposed to be but always having a flash on can make indoor pictures look a little washed out. I found that for us the best setting for indoor pictures with normal room lighting is to set the picture to darken and turn on the flash. This seems to give is the best results and the pictures don't look washed out at all. In fact the color saturation and detail is quite amazing.

We are very satisfied with the camera and recommend it to anyone looking for an instant film camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome frame size but fragile plastic body, February 15, 2010
Jules (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
This is one of my favorite new instant cameras. I love the frame size and the quality of prints, but the actual camera body is very fragile. It is plastic, and I have had it break for myself and three of my friends. If you even slightly knock or bump it, it could shut off and stop functioning. I have had to replace two already. I love it so much, so i keep coming back. But, just know, you will have to be way more careful with this camera than any other camera I have ever tried using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun camera for parties!, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I bought this camera to snap pics of wedding guests as they entered the door. Then, the pics were placed in a photo guest book for everyone to sign. The end result was a fabulous memorable photo guestbook. The camera itself is much larger than anticipated which added to everyone's amusement. When the camera was pointing at the guest, all the guest could do was smile. It is definitely not your small sleek smartphone. The camera itself was a focal point and many guests left wanting one. The quality of the picture was better than I anticipated. This is a fun, instant camera. If you are looking for digital quality, this is not the camera for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced My Polaroid 600!, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
This camera and film are awesome! After doing quite a bit of research I decided to buy this camera and film rather than pay an outrageous price for Polaroid film for my 600 camera. At first I wished the Fuji picture was the classic square shape but the wide format is actually really nice. The Instax 210 looks a lot better in all black rather than the blue of the previous 200 model. The camera feels like higher quality than my Polaroid camera. There are more setting options, the lens zooms in and out and the digital display on the side gives it a more professional look and feel. I also like the design and comfort of holding the camera when taking a picture. So far the picture quality is great indoor and outdoor. I bought a Lowepro case that my camera, close-up attachment and extra film pack all fit in and it is perfect for carrying around. The size is definately larger than the small digital cameras but it isn't too big, it's cool. I do NOT recommend the mini Instax or mini Polaroid. Business card size pictures? Everyone that has seen this camera loves it and talks about how great instant film is!

NOTE: I do not think I will buy anything by Polaroid in the future after experiencing their customer service and learning what they have done with their iconic instant brand. It's a real shame...

4.0 out of 5 stars Love at first snap, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
(This review is excerpted from my blog where it is laced with photographic examples).The 210 is a ridiculously oversized modern classic. It is only slightly smaller than my Land Camera 320, but fashioned like the 'black jelly bean' point-and-shoot 35mm cameras from the 1990's that your grandma still uses. I absolutely love it.

Every shot turned out. It's light, but not too light, and feels great in your hand. The shutter feels plasticky (it is) and there's somewhat of a delay. It's kind of a soft push and is reminiscent of the Hipstamatic iphone application in that 'letting go' is the shutter actuation. But not exactly. The lens appears to be plastic, but the images are much better than my Polaroid 320. This is noteworthy, because that camera shoots with modern Fuji film (FP-100c), so I think this demonstrates the difference is the camera. The film has a great aspect ratio and no-peel 'wait for it' developing. Over half of my peel film shots failed mechanically in the 320.

One *must* use the few buttons on the Instax 210. On power down, it defaults to 0.9-3m focus. I shoot mostly past this range and forgot to reset focus twice. The viewfinder is off a good deal. So far, I've only confirmed the bottom margin; I cut about 10% off the a shot that I was using that lower 10% for the story. I got a different picture.

I just read about Ansel Adams' "The Black Sun" image, and was pleased that the Instax shares an 'overexposed to black' thing when shooting at the sun. It was unexpected. I've seen this happen with flash reflections, too. It is called a solarization, and in "Examples", Mr. Adams indicates that thick emulsion-films capable of it were a dying breed. (p.126). In response, I've been holding a filter on the lens, by way of a step up filter adapter. I will likely glue the adapter ring to the lens. I imagine turning the exposure to "lighter" and using a stronger polarizing filter will help. There is certainly much near-forgotten knowledge about shooting on instant film to be found. Instax prints are puffy. I experimented with slicing down to uniform edges. The emulsion layers do not seem to peel apart to lift the image out. The trimming did reduce the puffiness some.

There is no doubt that instant film is expensive. There is little doubt how much fun it is, too. People shoot shoot shoot (me too) with digital cameras and I wonder what do they have? A mess of disorganized computer files? The Instax 210 is great for having pictures about. The film comes in twin packs containing 20 shots total, a nice move on Fuji's part. The per shot cost is about 82˘ if you include shipping. I had to stop myself today, because I blew through 19 shots in 45 minutes. $15, ka-ching! This camera will raise some eyebrows and start conversations. I look forward to those! This is unsponsored, spontaneous review of a camera I was a dubious about. I've heard this thing is kind of fragile, so I'll try to be careful. And order more film!

4.0 out of 5 stars I really Like this camera, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
Although this is a fairly big camera, it is very easy to use and the instant gratification of a printed picture is priceless, especially for my six year old! The only aspect that I am not crazy about is that the flash is always on, so the pictures come out better when the environment is a little dark. You can change the settings from lighter-normal-darker and sometimes that can be a bit of a guessing game, but overall this camera is so much fun. I use it for my son's SMASH book (scrap-booking). The picture size is also a bonus compared to other instant cameras. The 'wide' film is worth the price. And the price of this camera was phenomenal! The nostalgic factor can't be beat - I love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars fuji instax 210 review., June 7, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
I'm a part time Photojournalist and also do photography part time, I use this camera as part of my business, where it really pays off for me indirectly is when I talk to clients or vendors I wish to work with is taking a photo of them and then write the event,date and my phone number and email on the photo and give it to them, good for repeat business.

As for the product itself, it works, the flash sometimes washes out the shot but this is a simple to use point and shoot device. I don't expect it to perform at the level of my Nikon DSLRs.

The controls, film loading is all very easy, the instructions are simple and easy, I did watch a video on youtube by the Fuji guys and it covers everything you need to know about the camera [...]

I find it easy to use and carry around, but then I'm used to wearing a backpack of photo gear and carrying two camera bodies on me, yes it is big but it is not heavy.

I do get a few questions about it and people are amazed they make a instant camera like this.
I do laugh when older people wave the print around while it is developing(not necessary) and young people who missed out on the fun of Polaroids think it is "cool" when I brought it to a kids party once and they took home a nice mommento.

I find the close up lens- self portrait mirror device more of gimmick, it sits in my bag and the mirror fell out, but it just snaps back into place.

In these days when every has a camera and video recorder in their pocket or purse people are used to instant photos and videos it is nice to see that there is still a place for hands on photographs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty camera, April 18, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
If you're looking for an old-school instant camera for the novelty of it, then look no further. It's well built, feels great in hand, and stylish.

If you're looking for an everyday shooter, then reconsider because the film is quite expensive.

I bought this camera for my girlfriend as a christmas present. The photos are great, they definitely have that old look. I definitely would recommend the larger format this camera shoots as opposed to the instax mini -- the pictures would just be too small.

The film comes in "magazines" and it very easy to load. The exposure controls are straightforward and easy to use.

Some people think this camera is large, and it is, but it seems appropriately large for what it is -- after all it holds a pack of instant film inside the body which is a much larger format than 35mm or the tiny sensors in point and shoots.

And kudos to Amazon -- this same camera at Urban Outfitters is over 200 dollars. I got mine on Amazon for $65. I would recommend buying the film online, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars You can't turn off the flash., December 17, 2009
JO (ypsilanti, mi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera (Electronics)
The 210 seems to be the same as the instax 200 but is a different color (black) and the 210 comes with a close up lens (which I have not been able to get anything in focus to come out of). I just received it and have put one pack of film through it. I have experience with all sorts of Polaroid cameras. The photo quality is similar to the 600 film with a little better color saturation. The main problem is you can't turn off the flash. I am trying to decide if I should return it or not. It seems capable of taking pretty good photos but the flash is washing things out. I'm experimenting with covering the flash with three fingers of my right hand while pressing the shutter button with my little finger... If it was $19.95 I would be happy with it but I am not sure the annoyance is worth almost $100. Hopefully the Impossible Project people will get that Polaroid film factory running again and Instax will become unnecessary.

Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera