5.0 out of 5 stars The best Instax yet, by far!
Published 8 months ago by P. R. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Of them this one has the greatest range. That is the upside you can get ...
I have three instax cameras. Of them this one has the greatest range. That is the upside you can get really great pics from this. There are several downsides though. First you have to remember to change the settings every time you turn it off and back on. Second unlike a digital camera if you take a bad picture (which happens a lot because you have to learn how to work...
Published 6 days ago by bshermshops

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Instax yet, by far!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera (Electronics)
I'm an avid photographer and though I'm primarily found shooting with my high-end interchangeable lens camera or the nice point-and-shoot I carry around for casual use, there's something magical about instant cameras. Perhaps it's that you're shooting on actual film, or maybe it's that every shot you take is a one-of-a-kind physical artifact (which is special in today's world of Instagram and Facebook where photos are a dime a dozen.) All I know for sure is that they are incredibly fun to use and peoples' eyes light up when you pull one of these out at a party.

I've used several other Instax models, from the wide-format 210 to the previous highest-end model, the Mini 50S. I've got to say that the Mini 90 blows the others away in every regard. I've never seen shots from an Instax come out so consistently vibrant, crisp and in focus until I tried this model. I haven't even gotten around to experimenting with the new shooting modes yet and I'm still getting far better results than I got with the 50S, and believe me I've shot a lot of pictures with that model.

The Mini 90 is by far the nicest-looking Instax camera and also the nicest instant camera available on the market today. The body is mostly made of plastic, but it's high-quality and certainly doesn't look cheap (it's rather stylish and retro) and feels good and solid in the hands. Ergonomically it's much better than the 50S, with the shutter release in a much better place. The rechargeable battery is a godsend; no strange disc batteries to replace and no heavy AAs to weigh it down.

It's definitely on the high-end of price, especially compared to the other models, but given the relatively high cost of instant film, having a camera that consistently gets the shot you want rather than ones you need to retake is worth every penny. Recommended whole-heartedly, not just to photographers but to anyone who wants to bring a little bit of magic into their lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best instant film camera ever, March 13, 2014
Easy Double exposures, light painting with the bulb exposure mode, a kids mode to capture fast moving subjects, macro mode and more.

This is the ultimate instant film camera. I have never been so happy with a camera purchase before. I had the instax 7s for awhile and this was well worth the upgrade. My favorite mode is the double exposure mode. It's so easy it's insane. The instax 90 lets you take two captures on one sheet and bam, double exposure.

If you are a fan of experimentation as well as the ability to capture subjects flawlessly with easy settings, buy this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars In LOVE, July 9, 2014
I AM IN LOVE. I had the Mini 8 and I loved that camera! I collect old camera and have a fascination with polaroids but it's hard to find film (or it's $30 for 10 prints) and sometimes they aren't very portable. I was so happy to find this line of instant cameras. I used my mini 8 for everything possible. I took pictures of my nephews and niece at there birthday parties and hand out photos to everyone! I took pictures of my vacation in North Carolina! I was using it as if it were my phone. Snap Snap Snap. It's easy to be happy with every photo.

THEN I saw this guy all over instagram and had to have it. It is 100 times more amazing than the others in the mini series. I can do so much more and make beautiful mini pieces of art! I love all the features (light, dark, double exposure, etc etc) I have seriously taken 20 or more double exposure photos. I am driving people nuts I always want to take a picture with this camera and make them my test subjects.

It takes better pictures than the mini 8 or maybe I am so in love with the neo classic that I am putting my blinders on. It so amazing to people able to adjust the darkness or lightness of a photo. I use to put electrical tape over my flash on the mini 8 so pictures were 1) over exposed 2) still to bright out for a decent photo. Also this camera has an on/off switch for the flash. BAM! So many problems solved with just two of the many upgrades!

I read a lot of people's complaints about the photo size! I love the size I am into junk journaling, art journaling, smash booking, and these pictures are perfect for all those things and make for easy smashing! I think I enjoy my smash booking so much more with these little photos. I think they turn out amazing. You can't ask for a better instant camera! It does so much more than any other instant camera!

Sorry I am not good at writing coherent reviews!
If you have any question feel free to ask.

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera is a lot of fun!, May 2, 2014
I bought this camera for my wife and she LOVES it! Probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten her considering how much she uses it and the enjoyment everyone gets with those instant pics!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, February 7, 2014
purchased for my 15-year-old daughter, she's been wanting an instant camera for a while now, apparently they're very much in vogue with kids these days, and she absolutely loves it, not cheap, but well worth the smile it put on her face!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered quickly; it's awesome, March 12, 2014
I wanted to create magic....as a stupid as that sounds and I have accomplished it. Fun and cool. I'd recommend for anyone needing a bit of fairy dust in their life:)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this polaroid, July 6, 2014
I love this polaroid! Yes, the pictures are smaller in size than the other full-size Fujifilm polaroid (I won't even compare it to non Fujifilm polaroid cameras, which are far inferior), but its colors are much more vivid and bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good instax camera!, April 3, 2014
I choose this instax camera because it has more manual options.
It's my first instax camera and I'm so glad I chose this one.
It works perfectly.
The only thing I don't like so far is its auto flash setting. I always forgot to turn it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, awesome settings, less wasted shots!, September 7, 2014
I've had the 7S for a while now and I've used it loads on trips and parties. This time I was going on vacation and the prospect of bringing the huge 7S around was not pleasant. Decided to bite the bullet and go for this, and I'm amazed!

Firstly, the size. It is definitely worth upgrading if you want to lessen the bulk. Go to an Urban Outfitters to look at it (as I did) and decide if it is right for you. When I was in a theme park I could fit this, a camera, a phone, money + cards into one of my small crossbody bags. Impressive and clearly impossible for the 7S. I don't think they can shrink it more, given the size of the film is literally 85% of the entire casing...

Next, the quality. Frankly, daytime shots appear to be equally clear as the 7S. That is not a bad thing - the 7S is great in daylight. But NIGHT TIME! I could take shots with this that I wouldn't DREAM of with the 7S, just by turning the flash off. Coupled with the modes (the mountain thingy, can't remember what it's called) I took a few night shots at the top of the Empire State Building that I am not embarrassed of. Of course, you need a steady hand. But I had a lot less "failed" shots than with the 7S. Lean it against something, use the timer, or fix a tripod to the bottom. Oh, the possibilities!

Fancy pants double exposure! You can do a lot of cool things with this, obviously. Like tape over half of your lens to get a doppelganger effect. You can still use macro, light/dark options, the timer and flash with the double exposure mode. Do read a few articles about how to execute one properly - you need an image to be shadowy and then expect the second one to be projected on the dark parts... It's all very profound...

I'm also very excited for the kids/pet mode. This shortens the shutter speed and it's good to use in daylight when you just don't want blurry pics.

Other kitschy things include being able to twist the lens (a twist-click) to change between the modes. An actual display that tells you how many films you have left. (A blessing for an idiot who always misreads the yellow sign on the 7S as the film count...) It comes with a shoulder strap (but I'm not going to wear this around my neck and have it swing around dangerously) and a rechargeable battery!! It is still working on the same charge after 2 rolls of film, and a lot of tinkering. I'll probably charge it before my next trip and leave the charger at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, April 29, 2014
I had been looking at this camera on and off for a few months and finally decided to buy it, thanks to all the awesome reviews. I'm so happy I bought this camera. It's fun and very easy to use. The pictures come out really nice!

Rate and Discover Movies