1,750 Reviews
 (1,406)

5.0 out of 5 stars Instax Facts
Published 18 months ago by NJKramer

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF
I purchased this over a month ago and when it arrived I did everything it said to do .I inserted the film and batteries then opened the lenses and clicked the snap button then a flash came on and then the whole camera turned off . I turned my camera on again but the adjusting the light just blinked on and off . the red light in the little screen just stood there . Then i...
Published 2 months ago by Beatriz Silva

5.0 out of 5 stars Instax Facts, July 23, 2013
I looked for a reliable, classy-looking Polaroid camera as a wedding reception guest book. After thorough research, I determined Instax was cheaper and just as reliable, if not more, than the new Polaroid instant cameras. Both cameras function similarly and use the same film; yet Instax has better reviews and is cheaper. The 8S has a few extra bells and whistles: a clip-on lens for close-up pictures, light/dark and indoor/outdoor settings, the mirror on the front of the camera, and two shutter buttons for either landscape or portrait photographs. Also, the lithium batteries are not hard to find for sale online; I haven't had to replace ours yet, but we know that availability and price would afford on inconvenience.
I have loved it; it was perfect for the party and I still use it frequently. The film is fairly inexpensive, so we continue to use it. The pictures are the size of a credit card with white borders, and the camera comfortably fits in a small purse. On our honeymoon, the good quality allowed us to take pictures of us in front of landmarks and beautiful areas. Also, a little mirror resides on the front of the camera to facilitate quick self-portraits, which can be taped later into journals as keepsakes. Learning which lighting settings work best in certain conditions took some trial and error, but every picture turned out vintage-y and fun, so no film was wasted.
One last word on durability: I didn't have the wrist strap around my arm and accidentally dropped the camera on a ceramic-tiled floor. The film flew out of the back of the camera, but nothing broke off or dented. The camera still looks great and functions optimally, and I only lost the top film, the rest of the cartridge still printed great pictures. That was a while ago, and I haven't had any problems at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs, April 13, 2014
Amazing. Takes great pictures! It has lots of settings to play with. Comes out instantly. Only thing is it doesn't come with film.

5.0 out of 5 stars great seller, April 13, 2014
Item in perfect condition when arrived, works great! Very happy with it, not too big easy to carry around. love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 12, 2014
I love it!! Pictures come out perfect & vintage! The only drawback is the amount of film you have to continuously buy. Luckily the film is relatively cheap

5.0 out of 5 stars ♥RADICAL♥, November 14, 2013
Lillian (Onlineville, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White) (Electronics)
I would consider this camera one of my best purchases of all time. I am totally in love with every photo that I take with it. It's very easy to operate and absolutely worth it. I try to use it as often as I can! ♥

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a happy camera, April 24, 2014
I love this camera. I am a photographer. I love shooting images with this camera, the film is beautiful and warm, and its just nice to not have to set a bunch of controls just to grab a snapshot of my wife. I love handing this camera to a waitress so she can take a snap of me and my friends out to eat. They always look at the back trying to see the screen that doesn't exist. Everyone is always tickled when I hand them a little print right on the spot. So much fun.
The camera itself is simple to use. The one exposure control is easy to understand and manipulate. This camera has a nice heavy feel to it. Not that it is heavy, but that there is a little heft to it, giving the sense that it is not just a toy. Images come out nice and sharp. The film for this camera has a lot of detail and is pretty good in low light. I have not bothered looking into the ISO of the film but seems like a nice average.
I really missed the i-zone that Polaroid made a few years back. That was a fun camera to play with, in my opinion this one is better. I like the size of the prints, just large enough for some detail, small enough to keep it in the novelty arena. I have scanned a bunch of these images and really like the results when reprinting them a little larger.
If you are into toy cameras like the i-zone or the Holga this camera will be a nice addition to your collection. If you still use the old Polaroid land camera to take snapshots you might consider this camera to be a cool variation on instant film.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the price!!, November 30, 2014
I ordered one INSTAX mini 8 and received it a week later in wonderful condition. It came in the mail and my experience with it after has been the best! Even though you have to buy film constantly it's very worth it because it creates memories that you can keep. PLUS it's one of a kind and makes each memory even more special. I love my instax mini 8 <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Fun!, May 13, 2014
Photography is a hobby of mine and this vintage version will be a nice addition. The credit card size photos are charming and have the look that brings back nostalgic memories. I have always wanted an instant camera and like that this camera is smaller than others, although the Instax 210 looks cool too. The pictures I've taken have turned out better than I was expecting and the few available settings seem to work well. Framing a picture also seems easier than I thought - just keep in mind the viewfinder and lens will capture slightly different views, especially when you are close to your subject. The flash fires with all pictures taken, so I've read other reviews recommending the use of white electrical tape over the flash to prevent parts of the photo from being too overexposed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the cutest photos!, August 1, 2014
This is a wonderful camera. I ordered it with film so that I could use it immediately and I have had 0 regrets about it since delivery. The box it came in was so light I thought they forgot to put the camera in! It turns out that the camera itself is very made of very lightweight plastic, yet it's very durable and easy to clean. I ordered the pink color and it's true to the pictures. No shimmer or anything. Just a milky matte pink. In the box, there were plenty of instructions in many languages varying from English to Chinese and French. Not that you would really need detailed instructions since it's just a point and shoot camera, but it's nice to have. Included with the camera are batteries and a wrist strap in a color that matches the camera. It unfortunately does not come with film of its own so you will need to order it separately (the Twin packs are a good deal if you plan on buying many packs at once). The camera itself functions very well and is convenient to use because it tells you which setting is best for which lighting so the likelihood of you wasting costly film is very low! The shots are exactly the size of a credit card, and the back of the box the camera comes in gives you an actual size estimate before you take a picture. Photo quality is very good! Very vintage and cute. They develop within the minute too.

Overall a very good buy! Would 10/10 recommend to anyone interested in an instant camera!

TIPS ON TAKING PICTURES!!
● the viewfinder doesn't accutately predict the picture due to its positioning, so for best accuracy, move the lens slightly right and up to get the center you want

● take care not to cover to two holes next to the flash because those are the light sensors that will determine optimal flash.

● you cannot turn the flash off!! at all. to remedy this, I reccomend taking a small piece of white electrical tape and covering the flash to soften the light instead when necessary.

● the hi key option is similar to the high beams of a car. It's there but you won't ever really need it. use it when the auto sensor is on indoors to produce a lighter looking picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 29, 2014
i literally just got this and I'm in love! At first I thought I was doing s*** wrong but then I realized I wasn't and it's just perfect. I love how it has a grunge effect! I showed my brother who hates pictures and he asked for a picture to be taken of him. This thing is worth the money. I just wish the film was cheaper

Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White)
$99.99 $69.99