1,310 Reviews

Published 16 months ago by NJKramer

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF
Published 17 days ago by Beatriz Silva

5.0 out of 5 stars Instax Facts, July 23, 2013
I looked for a reliable, classy-looking Polaroid camera as a wedding reception guest book. After thorough research, I determined Instax was cheaper and just as reliable, if not more, than the new Polaroid instant cameras. Both cameras function similarly and use the same film; yet Instax has better reviews and is cheaper. The 8S has a few extra bells and whistles: a clip-on lens for close-up pictures, light/dark and indoor/outdoor settings, the mirror on the front of the camera, and two shutter buttons for either landscape or portrait photographs. Also, the lithium batteries are not hard to find for sale online; I haven't had to replace ours yet, but we know that availability and price would afford on inconvenience.
I have loved it; it was perfect for the party and I still use it frequently. The film is fairly inexpensive, so we continue to use it. The pictures are the size of a credit card with white borders, and the camera comfortably fits in a small purse. On our honeymoon, the good quality allowed us to take pictures of us in front of landmarks and beautiful areas. Also, a little mirror resides on the front of the camera to facilitate quick self-portraits, which can be taped later into journals as keepsakes. Learning which lighting settings work best in certain conditions took some trial and error, but every picture turned out vintage-y and fun, so no film was wasted.
One last word on durability: I didn't have the wrist strap around my arm and accidentally dropped the camera on a ceramic-tiled floor. The film flew out of the back of the camera, but nothing broke off or dented. The camera still looks great and functions optimally, and I only lost the top film, the rest of the cartridge still printed great pictures. That was a while ago, and I haven't had any problems at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs, April 13, 2014
Amazing. Takes great pictures! It has lots of settings to play with. Comes out instantly. Only thing is it doesn't come with film.

5.0 out of 5 stars great seller, April 13, 2014
Item in perfect condition when arrived, works great! Very happy with it, not too big easy to carry around. love it

5.0 out of 5 stars ♥RADICAL♥, November 14, 2013
Lillian (Onlineville, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White) (Electronics)
I would consider this camera one of my best purchases of all time. I am totally in love with every photo that I take with it. It's very easy to operate and absolutely worth it. I try to use it as often as I can! ♥

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 12, 2014
I love it!! Pictures come out perfect & vintage! The only drawback is the amount of film you have to continuously buy. Luckily the film is relatively cheap

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Fun!, May 13, 2014
Photography is a hobby of mine and this vintage version will be a nice addition. The credit card size photos are charming and have the look that brings back nostalgic memories. I have always wanted an instant camera and like that this camera is smaller than others, although the Instax 210 looks cool too. The pictures I've taken have turned out better than I was expecting and the few available settings seem to work well. Framing a picture also seems easier than I thought - just keep in mind the viewfinder and lens will capture slightly different views, especially when you are close to your subject. The flash fires with all pictures taken, so I've read other reviews recommending the use of white electrical tape over the flash to prevent parts of the photo from being too overexposed.

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF, November 9, 2014
I purchased this over a month ago and when it arrived I did everything it said to do .I inserted the film and batteries then opened the lenses and clicked the snap button then a flash came on and then the whole camera turned off . I turned my camera on again but the adjusting the light just blinked on and off . the red light in the little screen just stood there . Then i got so upset because there was nothing to do . that i opened the film case thing and the sample picture i took earlier was jammed in there and all the other film had been expired .i was so sad . me being the stupid one i inserted another film in there and the same thing happened exept it's not expired because it's currently in the camera . i also purshased 50 film but right now i only have 30 film that are sealed :((( nobody buy anything from them . until i get my refund!! RIP OFF

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a happy camera, April 24, 2014
I love this camera. I am a photographer. I love shooting images with this camera, the film is beautiful and warm, and its just nice to not have to set a bunch of controls just to grab a snapshot of my wife. I love handing this camera to a waitress so she can take a snap of me and my friends out to eat. They always look at the back trying to see the screen that doesn't exist. Everyone is always tickled when I hand them a little print right on the spot. So much fun.
The camera itself is simple to use. The one exposure control is easy to understand and manipulate. This camera has a nice heavy feel to it. Not that it is heavy, but that there is a little heft to it, giving the sense that it is not just a toy. Images come out nice and sharp. The film for this camera has a lot of detail and is pretty good in low light. I have not bothered looking into the ISO of the film but seems like a nice average.
I really missed the i-zone that Polaroid made a few years back. That was a fun camera to play with, in my opinion this one is better. I like the size of the prints, just large enough for some detail, small enough to keep it in the novelty arena. I have scanned a bunch of these images and really like the results when reprinting them a little larger.
If you are into toy cameras like the i-zone or the Holga this camera will be a nice addition to your collection. If you still use the old Polaroid land camera to take snapshots you might consider this camera to be a cool variation on instant film.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is amazing, May 24, 2013
I love this. I took it to a wedding and everyone was enjoying it and asking to have their picture taken! SO much fun! And take cute pictures. I can't wait to take this on vacation with me! Everyone needs an instant film camera. Totally worth every penny!

All my friends want one now too!

and it works great for smashbook pages! So I can make the prefect layouts with this size picture with the size of the original smashbook! I recommend to people who like to take pictures and store them in a junk journal or smash book! This makes the cutest layouts!
(: RECOMMEND RECOMMEND RECOMMEND

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Camera, March 17, 2014
This camera is perfect. The color is very kawaii and the pictures are easy and fun to take. Absolute perfection!

Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White)
$99.99 $69.95