Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: White|Style: Base|Change

on June 15, 2015
Absolutely awesome, took this to Africa, and was so nice to give something like a photo instead of them giving...buy it!! This woman in Samburu village had never really seen herself..beautiful...she's holding the photo I took with this camera!
review image
3333 comments|1,900 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2013
I looked for a reliable, classy-looking Polaroid camera as a wedding reception guest book. After thorough research, I determined Instax was cheaper and just as reliable, if not more, than the new Polaroid instant cameras. Both cameras function similarly and use the same film; yet Instax has better reviews and is cheaper. The 8S has a few extra bells and whistles: a clip-on lens for close-up pictures, light/dark and indoor/outdoor settings, the mirror on the front of the camera, and two shutter buttons for either landscape or portrait photographs. Also, the lithium batteries are not hard to find for sale online; I haven't had to replace ours yet, but we know that availability and price would afford on inconvenience.
I have loved it; it was perfect for the party and I still use it frequently. The film is fairly inexpensive, so we continue to use it. The pictures are the size of a credit card with white borders, and the camera comfortably fits in a small purse. On our honeymoon, the good quality allowed us to take pictures of us in front of landmarks and beautiful areas. Also, a little mirror resides on the front of the camera to facilitate quick self-portraits, which can be taped later into journals as keepsakes. Learning which lighting settings work best in certain conditions took some trial and error, but every picture turned out vintage-y and fun, so no film was wasted.
One last word on durability: I didn't have the wrist strap around my arm and accidentally dropped the camera on a ceramic-tiled floor. The film flew out of the back of the camera, but nothing broke off or dented. The camera still looks great and functions optimally, and I only lost the top film, the rest of the cartridge still printed great pictures. That was a while ago, and I haven't had any problems at all!
1616 comments|1,795 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
Love my camera ... Easy to use, perfect for capturing any moment worth remembering. Very cute color... Overall a great product
review image review image
22 comments|469 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2014
I love it!! Pictures come out perfect & vintage! The only drawback is the amount of film you have to continuously buy. Luckily the film is relatively cheap
22 comments|365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2015
The camera works great and the pictures were really good but after I took about 3 pictures when I take another it's turns out blank can anyone help?
review image
2424 comments|1,109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
Amazing. Takes great pictures! It has lots of settings to play with. Comes out instantly. Only thing is it doesn't come with film.
11 comment|487 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
I would consider this camera one of my best purchases of all time. I am totally in love with every photo that I take with it. It's very easy to operate and absolutely worth it. I try to use it as often as I can! ♥
22 comments|384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
Item in perfect condition when arrived, works great! Very happy with it, not too big easy to carry around. love it
11 comment|217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2015
I bought mine from BestBuy when they were on sale. I have always wanted one and finally!
It was for my wedding welcome table. I love it and I bring it with me everywhere:) It is really easy to use and the film is easy to install too. You can get different cute design for your film on amazon too.
I really don't have anything negative to say about this camera, only couple things to keep in mind,
1. The film is expensive;) I went through 2 pack during a 2 days trip.
2. I saw a lot of people complain about the quality of their pics.....this is a instant camera, just saying.....Read the user's manual first, there are some good tips there.
3. Oh and be care not putting your finger in front of the lens, you won't see it through that little whole....but it will be in your pics. (make sense? I am really bad at explaining things...)

Other than that, Enjoy it:)
review image
11 comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2015
This camera is well worth the price. I've been wanting to buy an instant camera for a while, but was unsure on which product to buy. I was researching various vintage Polaroid cameras, when I came upon Fujifilm instant cameras. I liked the idea of having a modern-made camera, but with a vintage feel. Getting an instant camera from Fujifilm would mean I would have a working camera that printed pictures once I took them, but still have that "old-memory" quality to them. As I looked more into the various models, I discovered the Instax Mini 8. I like the simple design and the low-maintenance aspect to it. All you really needed was 2 AA batteries, a pack of film, and (as with all tech products) proper care. [Note: I bought a CAIUL case/bag for my camera that matches its color, as can be seen in my pictures]

At first, I was going to buy the simple white color, but I saw the limited-edition Raspberry and Grape ones. I leaned towards buying the Raspberry-colored model because I thought it was more eye-catching. I've taken a few pictures with it and they've all came out beautiful! I think the flash adds to the vintage-quality of the developed photos, because the ones I took looked rather 90s, but clearer. The small selfie-mirror in the front is very helpful because it shows you exactly what you'll be taking a picture of.

I have already gotten some compliments on my camera. My best friend, who owns a couple of Polaroid cameras loves the quality of my Instax Mini 8 pictures. She says her Polaroid pictures are nice, but aren't as high quality. So, if you have reservations about buying these instead of the vintage Polaroid cameras, don't. This camera will guarantee you beautiful vintage pictures, and is less than the price of refurbished/working Polaroids. Plus this color is so beautiful and will only be available for a limited amount of time.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
55 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse