Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Color: White|Style: Base|Change

on June 15, 2015
Absolutely awesome, took this to Africa, and was so nice to give something like a photo instead of them giving...buy it!! This woman in Samburu village had never really seen herself..beautiful...she's holding the photo I took with this camera!
review image
3636 comments| 2,094 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2013
I looked for a reliable, classy-looking Polaroid camera as a wedding reception guest book. After thorough research, I determined Instax was cheaper and just as reliable, if not more, than the new Polaroid instant cameras. Both cameras function similarly and use the same film; yet Instax has better reviews and is cheaper. The 8S has a few extra bells and whistles: a clip-on lens for close-up pictures, light/dark and indoor/outdoor settings, the mirror on the front of the camera, and two shutter buttons for either landscape or portrait photographs. Also, the lithium batteries are not hard to find for sale online; I haven't had to replace ours yet, but we know that availability and price would afford on inconvenience.
I have loved it; it was perfect for the party and I still use it frequently. The film is fairly inexpensive, so we continue to use it. The pictures are the size of a credit card with white borders, and the camera comfortably fits in a small purse. On our honeymoon, the good quality allowed us to take pictures of us in front of landmarks and beautiful areas. Also, a little mirror resides on the front of the camera to facilitate quick self-portraits, which can be taped later into journals as keepsakes. Learning which lighting settings work best in certain conditions took some trial and error, but every picture turned out vintage-y and fun, so no film was wasted.
One last word on durability: I didn't have the wrist strap around my arm and accidentally dropped the camera on a ceramic-tiled floor. The film flew out of the back of the camera, but nothing broke off or dented. The camera still looks great and functions optimally, and I only lost the top film, the rest of the cartridge still printed great pictures. That was a while ago, and I haven't had any problems at all!
1616 comments| 1,858 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
Love my camera ... Easy to use, perfect for capturing any moment worth remembering. Very cute color... Overall a great product
review image review image
22 comments| 511 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2014
I love it!! Pictures come out perfect & vintage! The only drawback is the amount of film you have to continuously buy. Luckily the film is relatively cheap
22 comments| 384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2015
The camera works great and the pictures were really good but after I took about 3 pictures when I take another it's turns out blank can anyone help?
review image
2424 comments| 1,190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
Amazing. Takes great pictures! It has lots of settings to play with. Comes out instantly. Only thing is it doesn't come with film.
11 comment| 498 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
I would consider this camera one of my best purchases of all time. I am totally in love with every photo that I take with it. It's very easy to operate and absolutely worth it. I try to use it as often as I can! ♥
22 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
Item in perfect condition when arrived, works great! Very happy with it, not too big easy to carry around. love it
22 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2015
I bought mine from BestBuy when they were on sale. I have always wanted one and finally!
It was for my wedding welcome table. I love it and I bring it with me everywhere:) It is really easy to use and the film is easy to install too. You can get different cute design for your film on amazon too.
I really don't have anything negative to say about this camera, only couple things to keep in mind,
1. The film is expensive;) I went through 2 pack during a 2 days trip.
2. I saw a lot of people complain about the quality of their pics.....this is a instant camera, just saying.....Read the user's manual first, there are some good tips there.
3. Oh and be care not putting your finger in front of the lens, you won't see it through that little whole....but it will be in your pics. (make sense? I am really bad at explaining things...)

Other than that, Enjoy it:)
review image
11 comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2016
Tips for Taking Photos with Instax Mini!

1. take good care of the camera i.e it shouldn’t be jostled or dropped because THE LENS circle thing WILL FALL OFF. You can stick it back on but there’s always a little risk involved, the first time the lens fell off I nearly got a heart attack.
2. never, ever take a photo in sucky lighting (ex. Our house which is lighted purely by incandescent lamps) In fact limit indoor photos unless it’s an extremely special/candid moment that can’t be replaced. Don’t lie to yourself and think “it’ll turn out good anyway” Nuh uh
3. Always pay attention to the dial and turn it. I’ve had photos come out as yellowish blanks because someone forgot to turn the dial
4. do not play around with the dial and think you can judge what setting is best for the weather…the camera really is most accurate.
5. Try to wear light colored clothing. Not white because the flash will react badly. Not dark/black clothing because the background of the picture (ESPECIALLY if indoors) darkens naturally and you can “Fade” into the background.
6. Selfies are always best with natural light. If not, and you’re taking a selfie with a friend, remember that the person holding the camera (and therefore closest to it) is more likely to get a little bit whited out (not a lot, but a little) than the other person.
7. The lens can hold a surprising amount of space/number of people in one photo. This means that if for example, you’re taking a photo of a big group of people, you don’t have to back up as much as you think. If you do their faces will have less focus. Don’t be afraid to close up a little bit. (referring here to horizontal photos of course)
8. The camera can take very nice photos both vertically and horizontally. Vertically is better for portraits and closeups and is very flexible. Horizontal, however, can get you a beautiful “slice of life” feel, when you want to focus not only on the people but the background and scenery.
9. The paper/material the photo is printed on is thick, white, and has a little space under the photo itself for you to write something. ALWAYS write with a thin pen Sharpie. Normal pens, ballpens, ink pens whatever bleed and smudge and look plain nasty.

So maybe now you’re wondering….wow, this camera has a lot of limitations. Should I seriously get it?? And my answer….YES! Yes you should. The photos just feel so incredibly real. It’s like holding that moment in your hand. It’s so different from digital photos or even printing at Walgreens. You can look at a photo over and over again, and every time notice something good and different. It’s hard to explain, but these photos are so old timey and vivid, every one of these is like a breath of fresh air. And another thing…EVERYONE loves instant cameras….I met my cousins for the first time this winter, and I honestly feel like we really bonded over this. Every time you take a new photo, everybody hovering around like “how’d it turn out??” and you get to watch it develop (extremely interesting.) It only takes a minute for the photo to develop, but a few more for the colors to really pop.
So yes….Get it. Make sure to watch a couple YouTube tips/reviews/demo vids and be sparing with the pictures, they ARE pricey!!
review image review image review image