5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun
Published on June 1, 2010 by ML

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken out of the Box with no Support
Flashing E message -- simply means you waisted your money We tried for 2hrs to get the thing to work but only found 1 video in Chinease that said if the E is flashing you are out of luck...the thing is broken.
Published 6 months ago by Brenda M. Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, June 1, 2010
ML (Orange County CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm Instax MINI 25 Instant Film Camera (White) (Electronics)
Initially I had purchased the instax mini 7s from amazon and I really liked it, but the size and weight of the camera had always bothered me. Because this camera, the instax 25, uses 2 cr2 batteries instead of 4 AA batteries like the instax 7s its much smaller and lighter. I'm able to fit this camera in the instax bags you find on ebay with 2 extra packs of film whereas with the 7s i could only fit the camera due to its size.

Also when the 25 is used outside, the flash does not fire which is a definite plus when you dont want washed out photos. This camera also comes with a closeup lens which enables you to take close pictures without having to get too close. This camera also comes with an extra shutter button on the side of the camera in case you want to take pictures horizontally instead of vertically. The camera also comes with a feature that lets you either take lighter or darker photos. You can also control the flash somewhat by choosing whether you want the flash to be strong and highlight the background of the photo or you can switch it to landscape mode where i think it doesnt flash at all(not exactly sure because ive only used this option outside in bright light and the flash doesnt go off).

In order to really enjoy and appreciate these instant cameras you have to take a step back and appreciate them for what they are. Of course you can take a thousand pictures with a digital camera and print out 4x6 photos for 5 cents each, whereas each picture you take with the instax minis cost around 75 cents each, but its the appeal of having a photo seconds after you take it, and with these cameras each picture you take is one of a kind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic and will find a niche spot for sentimental individuals, January 13, 2011
I was never into Polaroids when I was younger. Now that I'm a college student with a disposable income, I wanted to invest in a camera. I tried using digital cameras, even DSLR photography. I never got completely into it. It wasn't something that you could really share or interact with people, especially in person, unless they were photograph buffs. The new instant line from Fujifilm made it possible to bridge a gap and make photography, once again, a group engagement for people with little or no skill to those endowed with photographical prowess.

First off, I'd like to point on the simplicity of it's design. Appearance wise, it looks beautiful. It really goes off of the minimalist look and only has what is really necessary for the product to really function. Typically, I hate curvy products or artwork (I prefer jagged corners or straight edges) but this camera's aesthetics appeals to all. As for size, I'd compare it to the size of a baseball. It's ergonomics make it easy to handle and rather difficult to drop.

Construction of quality is, overall, great! I really recommend you buy an anti-shock bag or pouch for your Instax Mini 25. I left it once in my messenger bag, but I think a jolt caused it to reset its counter, wasting the next available film to remove what it had just assumed was the exposure guard of a new cartridge of film. It also suffered from a nasty fall, and kept giving me an E error on the lcd screen. I took it apart, and found a part had come loose that wouldn't allow the motorized lens to collapse or expand properly (I was able to fix it however. Nothing actually broke). You could easily avoid this with a neoprene bag or some other padded accessory to protect your device.

It's quite easy to use. There are two shutter buttons which make it comfortable to take pictures in landscape or portrait. It has a tiny (very tiny, think like a 1/4 of a penny) lcd screen which shows the number of shots left in the cartridge currently inside the camera. It also has a interface which shows the shot mode. you can lighten or darken the next shot, shoot in landscape, and turn on flash. It has a view finder, and a self-shot mirror on the front. You can attach a hand strap (or a cellphone charm) to your camera.

Accessories are rare. Branded accessories from Fujifilm are non-existant, aside from specialty film. I found a studio which specialized in accesories, photoalbum, stickers, and the sort for the Instax. It's called 2NUL design. For most part, I've had to order these accessories over the internet, but the niche fans have made specialty cases and even lenses for the camera. They are, however, on the pricier side.

Last, cost effectiveness. You can print a standard photo at a local drugstore now-a-days for a bout five cents a print. In comparison, the film cartridges Fujifilm INSTAX MINI Twin Pack Instant Film fluctuates around $15.00. 20 shots for around 15 dollars leaves each shot from the Instax $.75. That's pretty steep price difference, however, remember these are instantaneous. I also like to compare these to the picture booths which are becoming popular, especially in small Asian communities. Sometimes, a session at the booth can cost from five to eighteen dollars. I like to bring around a sharpie to draw and date each photo or write some sort of memorabilia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gift I've Gotten in Years!, January 4, 2012
KaraokeDiva (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I had originally discovered the Instax Mini 7S this past fall on a geeky little blog that I follow, loved the idea, and sent it to my husband as an idea for me for Christmas. He, ever the details guy, did me one better by doing all the appropriate research and found out that the Instax Mini 25 is a smaller, has more features, and is a higher quality version of the same camera -- the ONLY downside being that it didn't come in the chocolate brown that I really wanted like the 7S did. ;)
I LOVE this camera - while the film is a bit on the pricey side (I found two-packs for $15 online - 20 shots total at about $.75 each), the point is not to treat it like a digital camera, but to go old-school and actually take some time deciding what you want to take pictures of (my favorite part is no retakes - if you're blinking in the shot, that's part of the charm!). We had an amazing time with it at our New Year's party this year, and created a display board to show off the evening and all my friends loved it.
My husband also got me a bag for it (SO cute! Fujifilm 2011 Bowler Bag for Camera - White ) and, as another reviewer indicated, it's intended for the bigger 7S, but I can fit the Mini 25 and about six extra packs of film, which is convenient. And he (rightly) decided I needed a protective (clear plastic) case, which I like having, as I feel like it's definitely protecting my camera from little bumps and drops.
I'm still learning its ins and outs, and haven't used it outside yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to continuing to play with it. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 8, 2012
If you're confused between buying the mini 25 or 7s, you should totally buy the 25! it's much lighter and slimmer. not to mention that the shape is cuter too. picture result is great and it's a fun camera to use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, But a bit experienced user is recommended, March 6, 2013
I purchased this Polaroid camera for my Disney trip because it's smaller/lighter and more portable compared with the 7S.

This camera use intax Mini film. A fair warning, the picture is not big. It's mini size. I like it.

Some Pro and Cons that I experienced in this Diney Trip. We took total 64 pictures. Most are good. A few are bad due to my skill and camera's limitation.

Pro

1. This camera took good pictures. It came with a small lens. The lens can make distance further for you to take a picture for self-shooting. ( You take a picture of yourself or whoever is in

front of camera while you are holding camera). It has a very small mirror on the camera, so you can see yourself. This is a great feather.

2. You can hold your camera both vertically or horizontally without worry about where the shoot button is. There are TWO shoot button. One for you to click when you holding the camera

vertically, and another for you to click when you are holding horizontally.

3.Films are very easy to replaced and install. I don't even know how to say it..It's just too easy that I can't write a step by step instruction here...

4. You can choose if you want your picture to be darker or lighter. you can choose these two mode before you shoot a picture.

Cons

1. Lack of a few extra functionality. For example, you can't turn off the flash. You can either choose automatically fire up or fire up.

2. You can not zoom your lens. You can only move forward to your objects. You can't zoom your lens to get a closer shot.

3. I have no idea how to use the camera to shoot a far away object at "night". The picture come out very very dark. ( I try lighter mode too). I don't think this camera is for you to shoot

any landscape...you won't get a decent picture...I try to shoot the Cinderalla's castle and the giant ball in Epcot..Pictures are not great.

Overall I really recommend this camera, but you need some practice. some tips below

1. Never stand too far away from your objects...or you won't get a very clear and detailed picture.

2. Only use the lens when you try to do self-shooting or need some distance from the object. The lens can help you create more distance without standing further away.

3. It's just not for landscape shooting.

Overall, I love it =]

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Fun :D, July 7, 2010
I bought my Instax Mini 25 from Amazon, and i love it! it is the cutest little camera i owe. the size is nice, i am able to put it in my purse to carry around. It's just a lot of fun to use and to take pictures with, as you watch the develop. The photo quality is pretty good for an instant camera, nice colors and sharp images when you get the focus right. For me, there is more thrill in instant photography than digital. the other review covered all the specs. i would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fun little japanese camera!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Instant Camera, October 1, 2010
I had wanted this camera for a long time, finally bought it (everywhere else has this for $150 or more, so amazon has the best price). I could not be happier. The quality is great and we have been snapping pictures all day, just wish the film was cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME! (:, August 22, 2010
I've never own one instant camera before, and was searching for some polaroid. But after much searching, I gave up of owning a polaroid, cause the films of a polaroid are really expensive! Then, I went considering Instax mini 7 and Instax Mini 25. And with comparison with Instax Mini 7 and Instax Mini 25, Instax Mini 25 is definitely smaller, lighter and of a very cute and pretty appearance!! :D I really love my Instax Mini 25 alot! It's really easy to use, and there's also another button at the side for you to take photos horizontally! (: The photos printed out are also of very high and clear quality! :D

I got it for less than 2days, and people around me were asking me where did I get it, and they seem very interested to buy one too! :D

Overall: 5STARS! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the MINI 8, if you don't mind paying a little more, September 18, 2013
I got this on the amazon deals. which at that point of time was selling for less than $70. I have the old MINI 7, which has pretty basic features and couldn't even turn off the flash.

With this I can, in my opinion that is a very important features, because films are costly so you wouldn't want to have one that is over or under exposed. And is much lighter too. It has a slightly slimmer profile compared to the 7. And the only issue is that it doesn't run on the regular AA or AAA batteries, you have to get those special short and tiny ones (not too sure if that is a propriety special battery but I do know that there are cheaper alternatives that work just as fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars So fun!, July 24, 2012
This camera is a showstopper--the life of the party and a crowd pleaser. Who doesn't like instant film? Break this camera out and you've got an instant party. Plus, the pictures are a great pocket/business card size, and are perfect for giving away at gatherings after photos have been snapped. The pictures have a really interesting and unique vintage quality to them, which makes them even more special and fun for photo albums and fridge magnets. I haven't quite figured out how to use the two (total) features on the camera yet, so am missing both night and long-distance shots. Either way, this has already paid for itself in smiles and memories; I am so glad I purchased it!

Fujifilm Instax MINI 25 Instant Film Camera (White)
$125.99 $82.11