5.0 out of 5 stars OEM replacement battery
After recently purchasing a Fuji f50fd digital camera, I wanted to have a backup battery. There are numerous after market replacements, but I wanted an OEM battery. This is the exact battery that came with the camera and should perform to the same standard. The price was similar to other aftermarket no-name brands, was delivered promptly as advertised.
Published on March 23, 2008 by DDN

1.0 out of 5 stars They put "not for sale" battery from mainland China for sale
I received the battery today and when I saw the package, I was shocked. i found that the battery is from mainland China, the place where I am from. On the package, it is indicated in Chinese that "Not For Sale", which means they are the gifts for Fuji marketing campaigns, not authorized retail battery.

On the back of the package it said that Fuji Film don't...
Published 17 months ago by Bo Kwan

1.0 out of 5 stars They put "not for sale" battery from mainland China for sale, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery for Fuji F60fd, F50fd & F100fd Digital Cameras - Retail Packaging (Electronics)

On the back of the package it said that Fuji Film don't take responsibility for those who buy this battery for second-hand deal. Which means if these battery burned your camera, it's your fault.

I searched on the Chinese version of amazon, and found that the price of this battery is 38RMB, which is about 6 dollars, while I bought this battery for 21 dollars!!!
Here is the link of the price in China: [...]

This seller is cheating consumers in US for not reading Chinese and abusing the right of consumers. I require Amazon to stop this seller from selling unauthorized products and punish the seller.
----------------------------------------------------
Update 1.
When I opened the package, I found that it was repackaged awkwardly with Adhesive tape, it is obvious that the battery is not new, even not genuine. There is even a lot of glue on the battery!!!! the battery is different from the picture even!!!I am from China so I know there is a underground business going on that sell fake products with genuine package, I guess this is one. The name of the seller is EXCELTSHOTS with a green logo, DON"T BUY ANY THING FROM THEM.

------------------------------------------------------
update. Amazon give me a refund for the "fake" FUJI battery and let me order a new set of battery from other seller. I ordered two battery that sold by amazon (NOT fulfilled by Amazon). When they arrive, they are really good!!!! high quality package and clean and look just as new. I'm pretty sure they are real Fuji made new high quality batteries.

Although it's 8 bucks more expensive, it's totally worth it! don't buy cheap fake batteries to ruin your camera! Remember! don't buy batteries from EXCELTSHOTS.

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM replacement battery, March 23, 2008
DDN "Dennis" (TORRANCE, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact Model That Came With My Camera - Recommended!, April 4, 2009
The Fujifilm NP-50 is the exact model that came with my Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR 12MP Super CCD Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Optical Zoom.

The NP-50 fully charged in just under two hours and lasted for well over 180 shots with minimal flash usage.

Being an OEM product, it will typically out perform the generic replacement batteries that are available. It should be noted that I do keep two generic batteries in my case for backup, but one of my two OEM NP-50s always start out in the camera.

A little bit expensive, but worth it! Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm NP-50: The OEM replacement for the X20 and more, May 1, 2013
When it comes to digital cameras, a spare or backup battery can often be the best investment you can make. If you've ever been caught in the middle of shooting and seen that dreaded 'low battery' indicator come on, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery is listed as being the correct one for a wide variety of cameras. Because of a less than satisfactory experience that I had with a 'compatible' cell a few years ago, decided to stick with a couple of these OEM versions as backups.

The battery life for my new Fujifilm X20 is listed in the specs as being approximately 270 frames, as noted in my review of the camera. But if you're a heavy user, especially if you have the camera configured for performance shooting, you may find that you get somewhere between 190 and 220 actual shots. During one session taking rapid sequence shots, the battery warning indicator came on at ~150 shots. This is not surprising for this or many other digital cameras, but the reason for having a spare or two is obvious.

Luckily this battery is the same one that came with my older Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR, which is still in service as a pocketable spare, and frequently my foul weather camera. This 3.7V/1000mAh rechargeable Li‑Ion cell is a good one, and from prior experience, it's a long-lasting battery.

The Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery is the correct one for the X10 and X20, along with a number of other cameras and including some from other manufacturers. In any case, it's highly recommended that you get a good spare battery for whichever camera you may have.

5/1/2013

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM, works great, good price -- why risk off-brand batteries?, August 20, 2013
I realize there are slightly cheaper off-brand batteries that claim to have slightly higher mAh ratings, but an extensive search of online reviews confirmed my suspicion that there isn't really a dramatic performance advantage no matter which battery you choose. In fact, there's a good chance many of these different NP-50 clones all come from the same factory. However, given that batteries can explode or leak, why take the chance on one of the off-brands? The Fuji OEM battery is surprisingly affordable and works great. In my Fuji X20, this battery had enough power for 275 - 300 photos plus 10 minutes of full HD video. I find that very acceptable for such a small battery. In addition to the one that came packaged with my X20, I bought one spare. With two of these batteries total, I'm set for a very full day of shooting--plenty for an enthusiastic amateur like myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, December 30, 2010
I can't tell you how many times this has saved us. It's always great to have a back-up battery that you can count on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, November 2, 2007
spin_nin (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Having a spare is a necessity with my Fujifilm Finepix F50fd 12MP Digital Camera with 3 x Optical Image Stabilization. I preferred having a genuine Fuji battery as opposed to a generic. I got it when they first came out so for $30 I considered it to be a good bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery, July 27, 2012
I purchased two of these batteries for my Fuji X10. The battery in the X10 seems to die very quickly once the battery indicator drops below the half way mark, so it's a good idea to have spares. These work just as well as the one that came with the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera Battery, August 16, 2011
Bought a Fujifilm digital camera and purchased this extra battery. Now I have 2! Only problem is....the batteries last so long I never have to use a second one!

5.0 out of 5 stars The one to buy!, February 12, 2011
This battery is literally identical to the one that came with the Fuji W3 and comes with a protective plastic sleeve (great for making sure they don't short out against things in your camera bag!). I have 6 of them and I can't even tell which one originally came with the camera. At the current price, I can't see any reason to buy a third party battery.

Rate and Discover Movies