Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 15, 2013
I received the battery today and when I saw the package, I was shocked. i found that the battery is from mainland China, the place where I am from. On the package, it is indicated in Chinese that "Not For Sale", which means they are the gifts for Fuji marketing campaigns, not authorized retail battery.

On the back of the package it said that Fuji Film don't take responsibility for those who buy this battery for second-hand deal. Which means if these battery burned your camera, it's your fault.

I searched on the Chinese version of amazon, and found that the price of this battery is 38RMB, which is about 6 dollars, while I bought this battery for 21 dollars!!!
Here is the link of the price in China: [...]

This seller is cheating consumers in US for not reading Chinese and abusing the right of consumers. I require Amazon to stop this seller from selling unauthorized products and punish the seller.
----------------------------------------------------
Update 1.
When I opened the package, I found that it was repackaged awkwardly with Adhesive tape, it is obvious that the battery is not new, even not genuine. There is even a lot of glue on the battery!!!! the battery is different from the picture even!!!I am from China so I know there is a underground business going on that sell fake products with genuine package, I guess this is one. The name of the seller is EXCELTSHOTS with a green logo, DON"T BUY ANY THING FROM THEM.

------------------------------------------------------
update. Amazon give me a refund for the "fake" FUJI battery and let me order a new set of battery from other seller. I ordered two battery that sold by amazon (NOT fulfilled by Amazon). When they arrive, they are really good!!!! high quality package and clean and look just as new. I'm pretty sure they are real Fuji made new high quality batteries.

Although it's 8 bucks more expensive, it's totally worth it! don't buy cheap fake batteries to ruin your camera! Remember! don't buy batteries from EXCELTSHOTS.
review image review image
When it comes to digital cameras, a spare or backup battery can often be the best investment you can make. If you've ever been caught in the middle of shooting and seen that dreaded 'low battery' indicator come on, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery is listed as being the correct one for a wide variety of cameras. Because of a less than satisfactory experience that I had with a 'compatible' cell a few years ago, decided to stick with a couple of these OEM versions as backups.

The battery life for my new Fujifilm X20 is listed in the specs as being approximately 270 frames, as noted in my review of the camera. But if you're a heavy user, especially if you have the camera configured for performance shooting, you may find that you get somewhere between 190 and 220 actual shots. During one session taking rapid sequence shots, the battery warning indicator came on at ~150 shots. This is not surprising for this or many other digital cameras, but the reason for having a spare or two is obvious.

Luckily this battery is the same one that came with my older Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR, which is still in service as a pocketable spare, and frequently my foul weather camera. This 3.7V/1000mAh rechargeable Li‑Ion cell is a good one, and from prior experience, it's a long-lasting battery.

The Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery is the correct one for the X10 and X20, along with a number of other cameras and including some from other manufacturers. In any case, it's highly recommended that you get a good spare battery for whichever camera you may have.

5/1/2013
I realize there are slightly cheaper off-brand batteries that claim to have slightly higher mAh ratings, but an extensive search of online reviews confirmed my suspicion that there isn't really a dramatic performance advantage no matter which battery you choose. In fact, there's a good chance many of these different NP-50 clones all come from the same factory. However, given that batteries can explode or leak, why take the chance on one of the off-brands? The Fuji OEM battery is surprisingly affordable and works great. In my Fuji X20, this battery had enough power for 275 - 300 photos plus 10 minutes of full HD video. I find that very acceptable for such a small battery. In addition to the one that came packaged with my X20, I bought one spare. With two of these batteries total, I'm set for a very full day of shooting--plenty for an enthusiastic amateur like myself.
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Fujifilm NP-50 is the exact model that came with my Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR 12MP Super CCD Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Optical Zoom.

The NP-50 fully charged in just under two hours and lasted for well over 180 shots with minimal flash usage.

Being an OEM product, it will typically out perform the generic replacement batteries that are available. It should be noted that I do keep two generic batteries in my case for backup, but one of my two OEM NP-50s always start out in the camera.

A little bit expensive, but worth it! Recommended!
on March 23, 2008
After recently purchasing a Fuji f50fd digital camera, I wanted to have a backup battery. There are numerous after market replacements, but I wanted an OEM battery. This is the exact battery that came with the camera and should perform to the same standard. The price was similar to other aftermarket no-name brands, was delivered promptly as advertised.
on July 27, 2012
I purchased two of these batteries for my Fuji X10. The battery in the X10 seems to die very quickly once the battery indicator drops below the half way mark, so it's a good idea to have spares. These work just as well as the one that came with the camera.
on August 19, 2013
I ordered a Fujifilm NP-50 battery in which I thought would be a genuine Fuji battery to only find out that it was a fake, knock off Fujifilm branded package. It didn't even look anything like the original battery that came with my Fuji X20. I'm very disappointed in Amazon for selling fake knocks off their website.

Buyer Beware! DO NOT use these batteries in your camera as they are not real Fuji batteries and could explode or ruin your camera.

If the battery is $15.99, DO NOT buy. Order a Fuji NP-50 battery from a reputable retail store like B&H photo or Adorama. Don't buy it from Amazon. However, if the battery is around $30 it is most likely a genuine Fujifilm battery.

UPDATE(8/21/2013):

I told Amazon about the problem and they did a instant refund and paid to return the knock off battery to Amazon. I knew Amazon would pull through as they don't like people selling knock off's on their website.

I then ordered another battery which is sold by Amazon LLC, so I know this time around, it will be a genuine Fujifilm Battery. After I receive the new battery and if its genuine, I'll change my rating and review the actual battery.

UPDATE (8/29/2013)

I have received the Fuji NP-50 battery from Amazon LLC and it came in a black retail Fujifilm box, and it came with documentation inside the box. Not even close to the battery I ordered the first time through "Good As New Electronics". The one I ordered from Amazon LLC is in fact a genuine OEM battery from Fujifilm and is an exact match to the one that came with my Fuji X20 camera. ONLY buy this battery through reputable stores like Amazon LLC or Adorama. DO NOT buy it from "Good As New Electronics" Or "EXCELTSHOTS". At the time of writing this, It appears Amazon has removed EXCELTSHOTS from their list of merchants. They should do the same with "Good As New Electronics" because they sold me a knock off Fuji battery.

Overall, I am very happy with Amazon taking care of the problem and giving me an instant refund for the knock off battery. This is why Amazon is the best place to shop!
review image review image
on September 9, 2013
UPDATE 07/20/2015 Still working great, I rotate it with the one that came with the camera. I think it is real.

UPDATE 05/21/2014 Still working just fine, see not difference between the one that came with the camera and this one. Will update again when someone likes my review and I am reminded to update it.

As many review say this might be fake. Maybe I should have bought the Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Fujifilm NP-50, BC-50, BC-45W and Fuji FinePix F50FD, F60FD, F70EXR, F75EXR, F80EXR, F85EXR, F100FD, F200EXR, F300EXR, F305EXR, F500EXR, F505EXR, F550EXR, F600EXR, F605EXR, F660EXR, F665EXR, F750EXR, F770EXR... as I have had good luck with many of their other batteries, and they would be Wasabi not counterfeit. Well only time will tell as my OEM battery that came with my camera which is two months old will be rotated with this one until one dies.

I will report back any problems and if I can how many pictures each battery takes before turning off.

My battery was "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" not a third party seller. I stay away from third party sellers.

The Wasabi and this were a hard choice, I really only need two batteries at a time so when these two Fuji die I will test out the Wasabi.

Only buy direct from Amazon, on these OEM batteries to avoid fake. The Wasabi has a good rep and I have used them for other items. Do not waste your money on other brands when you can get these at a great price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 7, 2015
I have my doubts that this is actually an OEM Fujifilm brand battery. The ones I received do not match the images here and though packed under the Fuji name, they do not appear at all like the Fuji NP-50 batteries packed with my cameras.Also, on the fold out instructions/warnings papers included, they listed the name as NP-60 rather than NP-50. In addition, they were not packaged like original NP-50 Fujifilm batteries I have purchased direct from Fuji dealers. The box says Fuji Photo Film on it. The batteries say Fujifilm. So I could be wrong, but they definitely do not match the other Fujifilm batteries I have purchased from Fuji or Fuji dealers. So, hard to be sure, but the price is low and so far they seem to be working OK.
on October 1, 2015
This battery is a perfect exact match to the battery that came in my camera. I can no longer tell them apart. It functions perfectly, even after going through my washing machine once.... or that could have been the original one.... I really dont know. But I expected a dead battery when it came out the dryer and after charging it was fully functional! If i ever do manage to kill one of the two batteries i carry i would definitely come back here to buy a replacement!