5.0 out of 5 stars I like OEM products

Published 4 months ago by Ry man

5.0 out of 5 stars I like OEM products, November 25, 2012
Dalesky "Dalesky" (Myrtle Beach, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
The reason I decided to pay more than I would have had to was because I have found that generally OEM rechargeable battery packs are of better quality than non-OEM. I have found exceptions to this also, but just recently I was burned with 2 non-OEMs that were very poor quality. They did not hold a charge even 1/4 as long as the camera manufacturers battery. This is exactly the same as the one that came with my camera, and I am very happy with it. I always take my camera, an extra charged battery and a backup memory card. Nothing more frustrating that not having one or the other when needed and away from home.

5.0 out of 5 stars A battery that works., January 11, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
I can't tell any difference between this and the one that came with the camera. As I shouldn't with this being a fuji branded battery I suppose. Holds its charge. Get about 375-450 out of it on my X-E1 with IS on and lots of LCD browsing. Very happy with it so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Falls Below My Expectation, October 27, 2014
Ry man "Ry" (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
Many of the reviews before me were mixed. Some say these batteries are just as good (or better) as Fuji's OEM while others say they are not as good (or worse) as Fuji's OEM batteries. I fall on the second group. These batteries seem to not last very long as the original Fuji OEM batteries. As some noted, the orange square is missing too. I can attest to that it is absent on the 2 batteries I purchased. Which brings me to my suspicion and conclusion these batteries are not good. I therefore do not endorse anyone from buying these particular batteries. ~ Respectfully, Frustrated Fuji User

1.0 out of 5 stars This is likely a counterfeit battery, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
Genuine Fujifilm NP-W126 batteries feature an orange marking on the non-terminal end to ensure that the battery is inserted properly. The battery I received did not have that marking. The picture of the item listed for sale shows a battery that has all of the information, including UL certification, in English. The battery I received has everything in Korean and lacks the UL symbol.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but works well, December 7, 2013
Lenny (FREMONT, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
I bought this from Amazon and it is identical to the one that came with the camera (Fuji X-M1). I highly recommend getting at least one extra battery, as the battery life is not great, and may not be sufficient for one day of shooting.

It comes with a small plastic envelope to store the battery in so that the terminals will not be shorted out by other metallic objects. It's a bit of a pain to secure the flap of the envelope. I'll use stick-on velcro tabs to keep the flap closed. I prefer the way some other manufacturers implement this - by having a hard plastic cap that snaps over the battery, covering the terminals.

A reviewer mentioned that the battery should be designed to make it impossible to insert it the wrong way, or for the user to be able to distinguish the orientation by touch alone. That would be nice, but there is an orange colored square on one corner of this battery, and when inserted it should be closest to the orange tab in the camera that holds the battery in place. It does require you to glance at it, but takes very little time to figure out the correct orientation.

I considered getting a third party battery for a much lower price. However, I was unable to find an Amazon listing of a single Wasabi battery. I'm not sure I want 2 extra batteries of dubious quality with a charger that's nice to have but I don't really need, for about $4 less than this. I've had mixed experience with 3rd party batteries. I've had some good ones, but more often than not, I get batteries that don't live up to their inflated specs, don't last as long as the OEM batteries, and sometimes degrade much faster than OEM batteries (no longer holds a useful charge after a few months of use).

It is rather expensive, but not prohibitively so, and I am willing to pay the premium for a known good battery. But as I said earlier, if a brand I recognize (such as Wasabi) has a single battery for about $13, I'd have bought that instead even if it only has 3/4 the capacity of this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 30, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
received at full charge then when i tried to re-charge it, did not work. definitely a knock-off. beware

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this with my FujiFilm X Pro-1, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
This item is a Fuji OEM replacement battery - I have been using this for a while now and it functions like a OEM battery is supposed to - I bought this after 2x 3rd party replacement batteries suddenly failed after 2 months use - BTW - I disassembled the 3rd party batteries and found the LION cells were still fully charged and functional - these cheaper 3rd party batteries failed due to poor QC on the PWBA that provides the I/o function and battery to camera contacts (electronics are internal to the battery).

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but reliable, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
Obviously this battery will work perfectly because it is Fuji's battery. Yes, there are much cheaper off-brand alternatives out there. Just be cautioned when buying the non-Fuji batteries... I used one of the cheap batteries for a number of months but then the camera started freezing until I switched back to the Fuji battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery won't recharge after 2-1/2 months, February 8, 2015
Robert Buechel (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
Received battery on Nov 20, 2014 and as of Feb 8, 2015 it will no longer accept a charge. 5 minutes in charger indicates full charge. 5 minutes in camera indicates dead battery. Unfortunately the return window for this product ended even sooner than the 2-1/2 months I've had it.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE ! Not a Fujifilm Product, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Electronics)
The battery is not like the picture , this is not UL listed obvious fake. The included instructions were not for the same battery .

Fujifilm NP-W126 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery