Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 25, 2012
The reason I decided to pay more than I would have had to was because I have found that generally OEM rechargeable battery packs are of better quality than non-OEM. I have found exceptions to this also, but just recently I was burned with 2 non-OEMs that were very poor quality. They did not hold a charge even 1/4 as long as the camera manufacturers battery. This is exactly the same as the one that came with my camera, and I am very happy with it. I always take my camera, an extra charged battery and a backup memory card. Nothing more frustrating that not having one or the other when needed and away from home.
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2013
I bought this from Amazon and it is identical to the one that came with the camera (Fuji X-M1). I highly recommend getting at least one extra battery, as the battery life is not great, and may not be sufficient for one day of shooting.

It comes with a small plastic envelope to store the battery in so that the terminals will not be shorted out by other metallic objects. It's a bit of a pain to secure the flap of the envelope. I'll use stick-on velcro tabs to keep the flap closed. I prefer the way some other manufacturers implement this - by having a hard plastic cap that snaps over the battery, covering the terminals.

A reviewer mentioned that the battery should be designed to make it impossible to insert it the wrong way, or for the user to be able to distinguish the orientation by touch alone. That would be nice, but there is an orange colored square on one corner of this battery, and when inserted it should be closest to the orange tab in the camera that holds the battery in place. It does require you to glance at it, but takes very little time to figure out the correct orientation.

I considered getting a third party battery for a much lower price. However, I was unable to find an Amazon listing of a single Wasabi battery. I'm not sure I want 2 extra batteries of dubious quality with a charger that's nice to have but I don't really need, for about $4 less than this. I've had mixed experience with 3rd party batteries. I've had some good ones, but more often than not, I get batteries that don't live up to their inflated specs, don't last as long as the OEM batteries, and sometimes degrade much faster than OEM batteries (no longer holds a useful charge after a few months of use).

It is rather expensive, but not prohibitively so, and I am willing to pay the premium for a known good battery. But as I said earlier, if a brand I recognize (such as Wasabi) has a single battery for about $13, I'd have bought that instead even if it only has 3/4 the capacity of this one.
on March 3, 2013
This item is a Fuji OEM replacement battery - I have been using this for a while now and it functions like a OEM battery is supposed to - I bought this after 2x 3rd party replacement batteries suddenly failed after 2 months use - BTW - I disassembled the 3rd party batteries and found the LION cells were still fully charged and functional - these cheaper 3rd party batteries failed due to poor QC on the PWBA that provides the I/o function and battery to camera contacts (electronics are internal to the battery).
on August 10, 2015
All I can say about it is that is just like the original. That's another way of saying the clones may cost less but they run down sooner and the charge remaining is not very accurate. Both these issues annoy me so fore the extra cost of the real Fuji branded battery is worth it.
on April 26, 2015
works in my new fujifilm X-T1. Looks are similar to OEM battery with some slight variations in positions of words; otherwise, performance is equal.
Both OEM that came with the X-T1 and this additional battery are made in China.
on February 12, 2014
Obviously this battery will work perfectly because it is Fuji's battery. Yes, there are much cheaper off-brand alternatives out there. Just be cautioned when buying the non-Fuji batteries... I used one of the cheap batteries for a number of months but then the camera started freezing until I switched back to the Fuji battery.
on January 11, 2013
I can't tell any difference between this and the one that came with the camera. As I shouldn't with this being a fuji branded battery I suppose. Holds its charge. Get about 375-450 out of it on my X-E1 with IS on and lots of LCD browsing. Very happy with it so far.
on July 11, 2015
I recently took a photography work shop. One of the requirements was to have an extra battery at hand. So, l looked at Amazon.com and found this. Good thing I did that. My original battery ran out of juice. I've used this ever since. I've taken a lot of photos with it and I believe it has lasted a long time. And it's still going.
on April 17, 2015
I'm a fan of the OEM battery for Fuji. I've had two aftermarket NP-W126 types and they've bloated, making it extremely difficult to remove from the camera battery compartment. This OEM battery works well and has a nice charge life. Get a few if you are shooting mirrorless as they eat up battery faster than a dSLR
on February 8, 2015
Received battery on Nov 20, 2014 and as of Feb 8, 2015 it will no longer accept a charge. 5 minutes in charger indicates full charge. 5 minutes in camera indicates dead battery. Unfortunately the return window for this product ended even sooner than the 2-1/2 months I've had it.

See 1 answered question