Published on April 20, 2008 by Matthew G. Sherwin

3.0 out of 5 stars If only we could get it developed...
Bought this for my son to take on a school camping trip, and thought the price was quite reasonable. Now, we're having a hard time finding a store that will still develop the film inside the camera. Target, Wal-Mart and CVS have all stopped processing film. There is a chance that Walgreen's might still do it, but the only one in town is in a crappy neighborhood...
Published 15 months ago by C. Munsterman

4.0 out of 5 stars a "high average" in my book--the pictures won't be the best quality (three and one-half stars), April 20, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fujifilm QuickSnap Flash 400 Disposable 35mm Camera (Electronics)
I used this brand of "disposable," single use camera recently and the pictures came out fairly well. Oh, sure, the quality of the pictures won't be 100% as good as the pictures you would get from a digital camera or a standard, more expensive 35 mm camera. Actually, the pictures these Fuji cameras take are even slightly grainier than the Kodak single use cameras. Sigh.

However, the camera is very lightweight so you can carry several at a time in a bag as you travel. I especially like the built in flash that is easy to use. The flash range is about 10 feet.

The camera is a single use camera; this means that after you use it you take the entire camera to the place where you can get film developed; they will take care of the rest. No worrying about whether or not you removed the roll of film negatives correctly without exposing them to too much light. I love that! The film speed is 400, so keep that in mind when choosing this camera. A faster speed such as 800 may be preferable.

Overall, this is a good single use camera for countless people who like to travel light or who are on a budget. It is very compact and easy to carry; keep one in the glove compartment of your car just in case there's an accident and you need to take pictures of the scene. The camera is also affordable. I give it three and ˝ stars instead of five simply because the picture quality just isn't the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera to keep in car, December 31, 2013
I basically keep it in my car just in case I had an accident. You may argue that we can use cellphone or digital camera instead. But you know, digital photos can be photoshopped, and it will not be considered as an evidence in the court. It is always nice to keep this cheap camera in your car, just in case someone hit you and they deny their fault later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice disposable camera!, July 19, 2014
When I ordered this, I wasn't aware that it only took 35 pictures and was a little concerned that I wouldn't have enough pictures. Turns out, I didn't even use all of those. The flash is great, almost too bright. As for the quality of the photo, I am not sure yet as I am still trying to find a place where I can get the film developed. But it seemed to work great!

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what i wanted, August 16, 2013
T. Dinh (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
exactly what i wanted. arrived quickly with amazon prime. i love how disposables have a grainy texture! these are my go to brand of disposable cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Disposable cameras are fun, August 9, 2013
Shipped to me in great condition! Everyone at the party loved taking pictures with it! It's nostalgic in a way. One kid asked me how to use it! It works great & captured a lot of memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, May 6, 2013
My 10 year old can use it. It takes decent good pictures compared to many digital cameras, especially phone cams. The lens may not be great by they are much bigger. Film is way better than CMOS. This cam even have a flash light when many phone do not.

My other kid lost a digital cam so I'm not giving him any cam to science camp (not day camp). This is perfect and performs as stated.

The cons. There is no video. (Yeah, I know I'm off topic.) Some video cams are cheap so you don't lose much money after a few uses and then lost it. The photos will be crappy in comparison but life is full of compromises.

Nostalgia is good but Target don't do this anymore. Walgreen still does. The other problem is that you have to develop the whole film. My 10 year old mostly took blanks and the like. To Walgreen's credit they only "develop" decent shoots. Maybe I have half of the 27 films or even less. In the "good old days" some developers charge the full price of 27 pictures no matter what. Some charge a flat rate no matter what. Actually I don't know how Walgreen charges.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, February 27, 2013
Sometimes you miss days gone by. Remember the excitement of waiting for a role of film to develop? Just hope you live near a place that actually still does that!

5.0 out of 5 stars will reorder, January 27, 2013
I choose 5 star b/c the Fuji film Quick start has been performing perfectly.

Flash activates immediately for animal quick snaps.
I have used this product for years w/ quality performance..

3.0 out of 5 stars If only we could get it developed..., June 19, 2013
So, buy the camera only if you have a way to develop it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Was not impressed, June 23, 2013
I bought a disposable camera from this company and when I got it developed only 5 pictures showed up. The women who developed the photos said that this is common because companies that make disposable cameras often reuse film so some pictures won't show up. I was very disappointed and your best bet for taking pictures would be using a digital camera. Overall I would not waste money on this product again and risk losing precious memories.

Fujifilm QuickSnap Flash 400 Disposable 35mm Camera