5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good photos

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok
Published on September 14, 2012 by ABNYC

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good photos, August 17, 2008
Private Earthling (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm Quicksnap Flash 400 Single-Use Camera With Flash (2 Pack) (Camera)
I purchased this 2-pack for a weekend retreat. I wanted an inexpensive camera to see if I wanted to get into landscape photography. These cameras were a good way to test out a new hobby. When I got my pictures back I was surprised at how well they turned out. The photos were very crisp and very clear. A few photos taken in the shadows of trees and shrubs seemed a tad murky, but the pictures taken in the bright sunlight were excellent.

I am taking another day trip to the great Oregon outdoors so I just purchased another 2-pack. This time I will order a CD of my photos. The photos were so good I am thinking of turning them into a calendar.

I highly recommend this camera for outdoor use. It is easy to use, lightweight and takes very good photos. The few pictures I took inside with the flash were okay, but not great.

My only complaint is about the advancement of the film. You have to turn the dial a long time before you hear a loud click that tells you the camera is ready. The instructions on this could have been clearer, but otherwise this camera is a very good choice for children and adults.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful with a drawback or two..., December 31, 2007
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I used this brand of single use camera recently and the pictures came out fairly well. Oh, sure, the quality of the pictures won't be 100% as good as the pictures you would get from a digital camera or a standard, more expensive 35 mm camera. Actually, the pictures these Fuji cameras take are slightly grainier than the Kodak single use cameras. Sigh.

However, the camera is very lightweight so you can carry several at a time in a bag as you travel. I especially like the built in flash that is easy to use. According to Amazon, the flash range is about 10 feet. I think that's about right.

The camera is a single use camera; this means that after you use it you take the entire camera to the place where you can get film developed; they will take care of the rest. No worrying about whether or not you removed the roll of film negatives correctly without exposing them to too much light. The film speed is 400, so keep that in mind when choosing this camera. A faster speed such as 800 may be preferable.

Overall, this is a good camera for the many, many people who want to travel light or who are on a budget. It is compact and easy to carry; keep one in the glove compartment of your car just in case there's an accident and you need to take pictures of the scene. The camera is also affordable. I give it four stars instead of five simply because the picture quality just isn't the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to a digital camera on trips. Highly recommended!, May 23, 2013
My wife was visiting our nieces out east and wanted to take her Kodak Advantx camera rather than out digital which she finds intimidating. What she found is that none of the stores near us carry Advantx film anymore, and to buy it online was too expensive. Instead, we opted to order this Fuji 2-pack camera & have it shipped so it arrived the same day she did back east. Amazon Prime came through! It was there before she was and she was able to take the pictures she wanted while she was there.

We have had them developed, and each and every one came out great (excepting one that had her finger in front of the lens). My wife hates our digital because, frankly, I fail to have hard copies made most of the time of the pictures I take. This was the best of both worlds as she had prints made & got a CD with them as well. I have to admit, I DO miss seeing "store bought" prints.

A great value that gave us GREAT pictures. An excellent alternative to bringing a digital camera along on trips to avoid damage, loss or theft.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great buy, September 2, 2013
i never used this camera before,i has an homework assignment to to take different pix, i was so amuse on how well this fujifilm quick did a beautiful job, i would buy this camera again,i would recommend it to anyone, it took great outdoor pix as well as indoor, if you are looking for something that take great pix well this quicksnap fujifilm camera is it, i got the set @ a great price, and it work my budget well. thanks again amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm All Day, July 10, 2013
I always choose this brand when shooting with disposables. Great deal and awesome lo-fi vintage photos. Buy these bad boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great even in bad conditions, April 20, 2006
I've had a ton of these, and I take them on camping trips with kids where the main activity is playing in big mud fields. I've had them in my pocket while rolling around in the mud, taken it out, shot a few pics, put it back in the pocket with no problem. (See pictures for examples of "mud photos")

A couple of times I've had them stand up to so much moisture and abuse that the cardboard falls off, but still had beautiful pictures every time, no jams or over-exposures.

I've found the two pack at WalMart on sale for $8.99 a couple of times, and you absolutely cannot be that deal.

This is my favorite disposable camera, and I've tried them all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good..., December 2, 2013
I really love the antiquity of these types of cameras so I had these two at my wedding for a cute photo booth idea. Which would have been fantastic except for one camera did not develop any film at all, and the other broke before all the pictures could be taken. If you want a reliable throw away camera buy something else!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, September 14, 2012
ABNYC (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I sent these to my kids at summer camp since I didn't trust that their expensive digital cameras would make it home in one piece, or at all. These are fine for the money. Some of the photos came out well, but most were either too dark or too blown out from the flash. Let's just say it was a worthwhile experiment to record a few camp memories, but if you really want good photos that you'll cherish, buy a digital camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a disposable, April 22, 2005
A Kid's Review
This camera is basically the norm in disposable cameras, and it isn't too hard to see why. If you just want a cheap camera that works well and very reliably, this is the one for you. If only this camera could have zoom, but that is asking far, far too much from a disposable. Also, try smacking the bottom of this camera to set off the flash without taking a picture; just a useless tip.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm Quicksnap single use camera, October 8, 2012
The cameras were purchased to take candid pictures of my son and daughter in law's wedding. It was nice to have actual photos very quickly. However, it was expensive to develop the cameras and only a small percentage were usable. Some were too dark, others were overexposed. I would probably stick with the digital camera in the future and just pick from there the pictures I want developed. These cameras were a disappointment.

Rate and Discover Movies