4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Functional
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:34 Mins
Brief Video Review of the SC-FXS100 case. Case layout. Forgot to mention that it has a belt loop at the back. (I took this video using the built in camera of the Nokia N95 RM-159).

Published on February 16, 2010 by K3_Cubed

1.0 out of 5 stars too small
Published on December 14, 2008 by Chloe van Oostende

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Functional, February 16, 2010
This review is from: Fujifilm SC-FXS100 Leather Case for Fuji S100fs, S2000HD, S8100fd, and S1000fd Digital Cameras (Camera)
Length:: 2:34 Mins

(Update 2011)- I would like to add that as of around October 2011, I noticed that my case started flaking off the "leatherette" material off of the underlying fabric of the bag. I don't know if it was a sign of neglect (being in a fairly warm environment most of the time) or just bad materials/glue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the FINEPIX S8100fd, November 9, 2008
I purchased this case for the FUJIFILM FINEPIX S8100fd. This is a much smaller camera than the Fuji S100fs for which it is intended. I find it to work very well for my camera. There is a divider which I've adjusted to fit the camera snugly and I still have at least an inch width of handy storage. There is also a zipped netted compartment on the case top cover for small flat items and a pouch in the front with 2 memory stick spaces, and plenty of room for extra batteries. I like that the case is quite small. The dimensions are incorrect in the Product Details. They're closer to 6"H x 6.25"W x 5.25"D (including the pouch, excluding the pouch it's about 4"D). So if you compare that to you're camera size, you should be able to determine if it will fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars S100fs camera case, September 10, 2008
Unlike another reviewer that didn't like the tight fit / smaller storage of the Fuji leather case, I prefer the size of the case. This camera (S100fs) is no small item, so I do not want to make it even more cumbersome to pack around by putting it in a huge case. Although the camera fits snugly, I am able get it in & out pretty easily and I even store it in the case with the lens hood on backwards without any problem (you can reverse the hood and attach it to the camera). You need to remove the provided divider (adjustable / removable with velcro) to maximize the space inside. The top flap has a fish net zippered pocket in the top for storing flat or small items. I have put the audio/video cord in there a time or two when I planned on using it, but that's about the most you should really put in there. The front compartment is not gigantic, but does have 2 pouches for extra memory cards and easily enough room for a spare battery with room to spare. I guess those who plan on packing the battery charger will not have room for the charger and cord, but I have no desire to pack that around with me. Where are you going to plug it in for 2 hours when on the go anyway? I'm planning on getting a hot shoe mountable flash for my S100fs and just plan on buying a compact camera case to put it in. I will then attach that to the strap of the Fuji case when I need to take it along (it has quick release clips on the shoulder strap that can be used to do this). A person could also do this with the battery charger or anything else they wanted to take along with them. Along with a good shoulder strap, the case also has a belt loop on the back (although I can't imagine anyone wanting to walk around with this big of a camera hanging off of their belt).
Overall, I am pretty happy with the size and funtionality of this case. The finish & construction is good and the leather is nice looking and appears to be plenty durable enough to withstand some abuse. Recommended to S100fs owners who do not need to pack alot with them when carrying their camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me..., December 28, 2008
I recently received this case, ordered for my FujiFilm S2000HD camera. The case is very well made and padded, with lots of room for storage of extra batteries & memory cards. I was hoping for a case design similar to what I've had on 35mm film cameras; that is, a case where you can just unsnap the top half and let it dangle, while taking pictures with the bottom of the camera still protected. This is not that kind of case. This is really more of a camera or gadget bag as opposed to a camera case. BUT that isn't criticism and I'm not going to review the product for what it isn't as opposed to what it is.

There are two little slots inside one of the zippered pouches for stowing extra SD cards out of their protective plastic cases. Personally I'm reluctant to use those out fear of exposing the contacts to damage. If SD cards weren't fragile, you'd probably buy them loose in blister packs instead of (usually) inside hardshell cases that snap closed, but possibly I'm just too paranoid. As far as this feature of the case is concerned, I'd say use at your own risk.

Some other reviewers have complained about camera fit in the case. It's just perfect for the S2000, but this IS a camera case intended for multiple models. I think Fuji's idea for the larger cameras in the "S" series, like the S100, is to place the camera in the bag with the lens pointing up, instead of towards the front as one might expect. The giveaway here is the height of the case, it's quite tall, much more than needed for an S1000fd or S2000HD. Whatever position you choose, there's an adjustable bulkhead that you can Velcro into position to hold the camera in place.

The shoulder strap (leather backed with nylon or polyester webbing) & its metal clip fasteners look sturdy enough to last for quite a while. There's a rectangular shoulder pad that is a bit too rigid. It stays flat and doesn't conform to the curve of my shoulder even with the camera and 3 extra sets of batteries (12 batteries in all + the 4 in the camera) in the bag. Maybe in 5 years or so it will break in a bit and get more flexible.

There's also a leather belt loop on the back so you could thread your belt through it and just wear it on your hip like the cases for a lot of much smaller point & shoot cameras. This bag is a little bit too big for that to be very practical for anybody less than about 6'10" tall in my opinion.

In general I'm happy with the bag. I don't regret buying it, that's for sure. Four stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars too small, December 14, 2008
this case is too small if you want some filters for your camera. We were very excited and pleased to have our Fujifilm S100fs, and wanted to play with it. We wanted at least to put a cleaning kit...it wasn't possible! If it's just to take a fast picture you have small campaq camera! If you really want to play with a camera and take beautiful pictures you don't want to take this case for your camera..because your camera deserve really better!

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too small, November 30, 2008
I buy the case together with the Fuji S100FS. It turned out to be way to too small for the camera. It doesn't offer any protection to the camera if you let the case fall down. So I had to return it and actually got a case for SLR

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BAG!!, September 19, 2010
This case is excellent if your using the right size camera...It works like a charm for my Fuji S2500..Further more, I was greatly suprised by the quality of the leather, I can tell that even if it becomes a bit worn with time it will stiil look as if its a stylish camera bag with a good grade of leather...I've read some reviews saying this bag is too small. Unless your a professional, I hardly see the need to walk around with anything bigger than this bag..I can fit "comfortably" my Fuji camera as well as in the small zipper part, my Kodak PlaySport HD Pocket Video Camera and stil have enough room for my attachment cords for both cameras, the manual for my fuji, and 4 extra battries. At the bottom of the bag underneath the little padded velcro pouch, which is removable, I placed a mini tripod which fits both camers and there is still no bulge purtruding from the bag. All in all for the price this is an excellent buy...Enjoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but small, September 7, 2010
It's a very nice camera bag but too small for the HS10. I wanted a bag that could hold the camera and all my accessories, but just putting the camera in is tight, the pocket in front holds an extra set of batteries in the charger perfectly, but that's about all you can carry with you. If you have a smaller camera it would be perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leather case for Fuji Camera, June 27, 2008
I ordered the case because it was supposed to be an accessory to the camera I puchased which was the FUJIFILM Finepix S1000fd Digital Camera. It's a great case, very nice, sleek and professional looking. However, I found the case to be small and tight for my camera, especially when all the other items such as the batteries, more SD cards, and a few more things that are needed, just made the leather case pretty useless to me. I instead went out and bought another camera case, much larger I might add, for a cheaper price. So, the leather case that I purchased from amazon.com, although nice, sleek and professional looking, just was a waste of money for me. I couldn't send in for a refund because the 30-day guarantee had come and gone. I should've done something about it sooner, but I was in the middle of a project and let the box sit unopened in my room for a couple of weeks before I had a chance to really look through the items I purchased. OH WELL.... what can I do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, November 23, 2008
I have a S100fs camera. It does not come close to fitting in this case.
I'm not sure about the other cameras mentioned. I use this case for accessaries for chargers, filters, etc. Had to purchase another case for S100fs.