Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: classicChange

on August 16, 2010
I dislike penalizing a product because of a vendor, so I am reviewing only the film. I like the high range of the tones in Superia fim, and I love the perfect adaptability of this 200 speed film. Honestly, I can shoot it as if it is 100 or 400 without any problems at all; I just pay attention to my highlights and shadows and zone them in.
The film gets five stars, but it is no longer made with the HQ label: it is known simply as Fuji Superia 200. That means any film you see with this label is out of date. I am not penalizing the vendor because I was aware of this and wanted this film because I have loved it so much and the newer film is not quite the same. I would say just be aware. If you have a problem with expired film or you do not shoot much film, this is not for you. If you are realize that film does not just go bad on its expiry date and this film has obviously been well-kept, then you should be okay with the caveat that it *is old film* so you may lose your shots or get unexpected results. Being informed is the best plan.
If you get a box that has the expiration date removed like I did and the film does not work out I would say you should be eligible for a refund. In my case, I got the same outstanding results with this film that I expected.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2011
I was a professional photographer for many years back in the 70's and 80's and then along came digital camera's. I knew film would be replaced someday so I bought into the new way of thinking and bought the state of the art digital camera of the day. It was an Olympus 3.5mp rangefinder camera and since then I bought many more digitals, only to come to the realization that the digitals of today are mostly glorified point and shoot cameras. So I took a giant step backwards and bought some of my dream film camera's I always wanted but couldn't afford like 2, Nikon F4s's, and 1 Nikon F100, and a Nikon F6. The F6 was just sold. Anyway I used to use Kodak all the time and then near the end of my career FujiFilm started making this incredible fine grain, brilliant color, color film. Now Fujifilm has taken over the market in color film and the ASA or (ISO) if you will 200 is what I shoot the most because of fast good Nikon glass or (lenses). I have tried there 800 for inside at concerts with my 28mm-80mm f2.0 lens and gotten great results but I would rather use 200 and either push it to 400 and develop it 1 full stop more or if close enough use my SB24 dedicated TTL flash and stop the flash down a couple of stops to keep the real color on the stage. I love Fujifilm 200 for colpr prints, and it blows up very well also as big as 11" x 16" with just the right amount of grain to make it interesting.
As far as I'm concerned, I hope more and more people pick up a good old film camera and learn how to shoot good and well planned out photograph's because it will make you a better digital photographer when there is no more film or film processing chemicals and all we have is digital to use. I will tell you Ancel Adams is turning over in his grave at the thought of digital cameras, of course Mr. Adams also never would have used 35mm cameras because of the small size and loss of detail when blown up to poster size or bigger. He used 11" x14" sheet film that also isn't made any longer Digital cameras will never be able to shoot as crisp and clear as film and they can't do black and white at all. Long Live Fujifilm.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2000
I am always taking pictures and I am so thoroughly impressed with Fuji film and especially the 200 ISO that it's the only film I will use- Kodak doesnt seem to deliver the results I want and when I tried Fuji- it became my favorite right off- great colors, bold, doesnt mute them like I found Kodak to do- highly recommend.
on February 21, 2012
Film I received was not near the expiration date like others have said theirs was. I received the film at the end of 02/12 and it says to develop it by 01/14, so that's a fair bit of time. However, it was not Fujifilm Super HQ as was advertised, it was Fujifilm Fujicolor. I'm no photographer but I assume Super HQ is better than Fujicolor and I wanted what I thought was better film for my the cameras I was wanting to test out (that are older than I am). Two stars off for not selling what they advertised, but one star back on because not only do I not care that much (not a professional - or even good - photographer) but it also arrived two days before the first estimated arrival date.
on October 21, 2012
First off, this vendor apparently doesn't ship the product they advertise. While the product description clearly shows Fuji HQ, what I got was just plain old Fujicolor; not the same film at all. That kinda sucks. And from reading other reviews here, that seems to be the way they roll.

Now, to keep things in perspective, it's not the end of the world. Rather than go through the hassle of returning the film (which after all was only about $8), I'm going to try it out. How bad could it be? I know Fuji makes good film in general. And the other good thing was that the film was well within its expiration date (my film was dated 2014, plenty of time to go), unlike some vendors who ship outdated film.

But really, guys, if you show HQ, you ought to ship HQ, or change your description to match what you actually send. Otherwise, this is a deceptive sales practice. I know HQ is good, since I used it for years: it remains to be seen if Fujicolor measure up or not.
on December 12, 2012
Could it be my seller? IT came in a 3 pack and one odd roll of film. IT was really strange. And it does not say expiration date.
Film turn out okay thou. probably won't buy again
on August 16, 2011
I purchased from Continental Supply nd they sent me generic fujifilm NOT Fuji HQ film. They did refund my money but it was a big pain because I needed Fuji HQ film.
on January 20, 2013
worked great. Expiration date was not an issue. Completely satisfied.
Picture quality was similar to the Kodak product available locally in
on May 17, 2012
Thought I was buying a higher grade of Fuji but it is plain. Still Fuji is good and you can't buy it across the counter anymore so I am just glad to have it.
on December 9, 2002
For an all-purpose color film, I nearly always shoot Fuji's 200 speed. It has the cooler tones that I prefer in my images and a good saturation level. The only drawback that I've seen while looking at various film prices here is that they are way over-priced! The only place that I've seen where you pay more for film is in the supermarkets. Any regular camera store or photo finisher will have this stuff for a lot less, and you won't have to wait for it to ship.