Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm Super HQ 200 Speed 24 Exposure 35mm Film - 4 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 16, 2010
I dislike penalizing a product because of a vendor, so I am reviewing only the film. I like the high range of the tones in Superia fim, and I love the perfect adaptability of this 200 speed film. Honestly, I can shoot it as if it is 100 or 400 without any problems at all; I just pay attention to my highlights and shadows and zone them in.
The film gets five stars, but it is no longer made with the HQ label: it is known simply as Fuji Superia 200. That means any film you see with this label is out of date. I am not penalizing the vendor because I was aware of this and wanted this film because I have loved it so much and the newer film is not quite the same. I would say just be aware. If you have a problem with expired film or you do not shoot much film, this is not for you. If you are realize that film does not just go bad on its expiry date and this film has obviously been well-kept, then you should be okay with the caveat that it *is old film* so you may lose your shots or get unexpected results. Being informed is the best plan.
If you get a box that has the expiration date removed like I did and the film does not work out I would say you should be eligible for a refund. In my case, I got the same outstanding results with this film that I expected.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2011
I was a professional photographer for many years back in the 70's and 80's and then along came digital camera's. I knew film would be replaced someday so I bought into the new way of thinking and bought the state of the art digital camera of the day. It was an Olympus 3.5mp rangefinder camera and since then I bought many more digitals, only to come to the realization that the digitals of today are mostly glorified point and shoot cameras. So I took a giant step backwards and bought some of my dream film camera's I always wanted but couldn't afford like 2, Nikon F4s's, and 1 Nikon F100, and a Nikon F6. The F6 was just sold. Anyway I used to use Kodak all the time and then near the end of my career FujiFilm started making this incredible fine grain, brilliant color, color film. Now Fujifilm has taken over the market in color film and the ASA or (ISO) if you will 200 is what I shoot the most because of fast good Nikon glass or (lenses). I have tried there 800 for inside at concerts with my 28mm-80mm f2.0 lens and gotten great results but I would rather use 200 and either push it to 400 and develop it 1 full stop more or if close enough use my SB24 dedicated TTL flash and stop the flash down a couple of stops to keep the real color on the stage. I love Fujifilm 200 for colpr prints, and it blows up very well also as big as 11" x 16" with just the right amount of grain to make it interesting.
As far as I'm concerned, I hope more and more people pick up a good old film camera and learn how to shoot good and well planned out photograph's because it will make you a better digital photographer when there is no more film or film processing chemicals and all we have is digital to use. I will tell you Ancel Adams is turning over in his grave at the thought of digital cameras, of course Mr. Adams also never would have used 35mm cameras because of the small size and loss of detail when blown up to poster size or bigger. He used 11" x14" sheet film that also isn't made any longer Digital cameras will never be able to shoot as crisp and clear as film and they can't do black and white at all. Long Live Fujifilm.
on August 24, 2000
I am always taking pictures and I am so thoroughly impressed with Fuji film and especially the 200 ISO that it's the only film I will use- Kodak doesnt seem to deliver the results I want and when I tried Fuji- it became my favorite right off- great colors, bold, doesnt mute them like I found Kodak to do- highly recommend.
on February 21, 2012
Film I received was not near the expiration date like others have said theirs was. I received the film at the end of 02/12 and it says to develop it by 01/14, so that's a fair bit of time. However, it was not Fujifilm Super HQ as was advertised, it was Fujifilm Fujicolor. I'm no photographer but I assume Super HQ is better than Fujicolor and I wanted what I thought was better film for my the cameras I was wanting to test out (that are older than I am). Two stars off for not selling what they advertised, but one star back on because not only do I not care that much (not a professional - or even good - photographer) but it also arrived two days before the first estimated arrival date.
on October 21, 2012
First off, this vendor apparently doesn't ship the product they advertise. While the product description clearly shows Fuji HQ, what I got was just plain old Fujicolor; not the same film at all. That kinda sucks. And from reading other reviews here, that seems to be the way they roll.

Now, to keep things in perspective, it's not the end of the world. Rather than go through the hassle of returning the film (which after all was only about $8), I'm going to try it out. How bad could it be? I know Fuji makes good film in general. And the other good thing was that the film was well within its expiration date (my film was dated 2014, plenty of time to go), unlike some vendors who ship outdated film.

But really, guys, if you show HQ, you ought to ship HQ, or change your description to match what you actually send. Otherwise, this is a deceptive sales practice. I know HQ is good, since I used it for years: it remains to be seen if Fujicolor measure up or not.
on December 12, 2012
Could it be my seller? IT came in a 3 pack and one odd roll of film. IT was really strange. And it does not say expiration date.
Film turn out okay thou. probably won't buy again
on January 29, 2016
See, I wasn't fibbin' I got 200, 400 and 800 film because it was hard to find locally (Central Alabama). Only one place around here even develops it, but when you need a good sharp picture and you have good quality cameras (Canon, Pentax, etc), you need good quality film. If you're a professionally trained photographer, you know the problems with "smartphone" photography. Well, it looks like "smartphone" photography. I ventured out with mine and I like my cameras to stay on the settings I put it on and not second guess what I'm trying to create. Yeah, I know, a great photographer can take a beautiful picture with a pin box camera...yada yada... well...I prefer a real camera versus smartphone any day. And I know what's going to show up on the film..."Okay, who jooged the X-ray button on the smartphone!?! Sorry Sweetie!"
on January 20, 2013
worked great. Expiration date was not an issue. Completely satisfied.
Picture quality was similar to the Kodak product available locally in
stores.
on October 1, 2014
What can I say it is good quality 35mm film that performs well, sometimes you just want film and not digital. I have the film processed and loaded onto a digital cd so I can play with it a little through windows photo which to me is all I need to tweak photos. I shoot with a Nikon f4s which is a big, heavy 35mm camera that I have had for about 20 something years and just love it. To me (verified by pro photogs) nothing digital is going to match 35mm resolution - at least not at this moment. Oh yes you can but a Leica with 35mm resolution for about 7,000 to 9,000 then add 3-9 thousand for 1 decent lens and of course you will want at least 2-3 lens. The one drawback on the Leica digitals is no autofocus and no automatic cleaning of the element which has to be done by hand. Wake up Leica, for what you charge you can add these two features on without degrading the wonders of mechanical/digital photography. If you ever do add these 2 components I will buy a wide angle lens, a 90mm lens and a 50mm lens along with the latest camera - even if it will set me back 18,000.
on May 10, 2016
Am I the last person to still take photographs with film? If I am, it's cool <insert shoulder shrug here>
Fuji film has always been the most affordable choice that's still a good quality film. I've been using Fuji film even when using 35mm cameras was still the norm.