5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Camera
Published on August 28, 2011 by Savhsu

2.0 out of 5 stars Audio is out-of-sync
I got the Fuji XP20 mainly for taking videos in conditions that my Canon HD camcorder can not. On my first usage in a river rafting event, I already see the problems with this camera:

Published on July 5, 2011 by H. Wang

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Camera, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix XP20 14 MP Waterproof Shockproof Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom Wide-Angle Lens plus! Fuji Hi-speed Class-6 SDHC Card & Fuji Branded Neoprene Case. (Electronics)
I had the Fuji Finepix Waterproof camera for 2 years, used it on many trips with excellent results. I dropped it and cracked a corner but it still works beautifully - just not waterproof any longer. So I purchased this one which is waterproof & shockproof. LOVE IT!!! Takes beautiful pics, easy to use, dust proof, water proof. I expect to have this one for a long long time & would recommend it as the best camera for all around purposes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Audio is out-of-sync, July 5, 2011

1) I am experienced with Camera and camcorders, I know how to hold them properly. But the lens head is placed in a very awkward place, your fingers will easily cover part of the lens head. So, don't be surprised to see your fingers in the final photos and video clips. It's almost for sure that you will not get photos or videos of yourself. Because other people may not be able to hold this camera properly to take yours.

2) Hard to fine tune the zoom speed. Not convenient, but I can live with that.

3) The camera won't focus while zooming (it will focus after zooming stops). This is a typical issue with non-DSLR camera in video mode. I saw the same thing in Panasonic camera also. Not a big issue to me.

4) This is the biggest flaw, the audio is not in sync with the video. I have to turn off the audio from the video clips, and add background music when producing the final movie for the rafting trip. Even my simple Flip video camera handle this better than this Fuji camera.

5) The video quality is no way to compare with regular HD camcorder. The image is kind of grainy, even at 1pm strong sunshine with good light. Again, I can accept this since I am in a condition (around water) where normal camcorder can not be used.

6) Indoor photo quality is no way to compare with my 5-year-old 5MP Panasonic camera.
But this is OK to me since I am in a condition (around water) where my normal camera can not be used.

If this is the only camera you want to have, I won't recommend this. However, if your intend is "ONLY" to take photos, videos in conditions where your normal gears can not, then I think this Fuju XP20 is acceptable....if you don't mind the out-of-sync audio problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, October 14, 2011
Nice camera, takes good pictures, but camera is not at all waterproof! Camera leaked first time it was exposed to water (less than 3 feet). When you look at the design for sealing it, you will know why it is not safe to use it in water.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, September 9, 2011
I am placing my review of this here. I bought this camera, not waterproof.

Followed the instructions in the camera box, prepped it, had everything set up per the instructions, was VERY careful and prepared. Went snorkeling and wanted to capture the day, bought the camera specifically for this specific trip.

The camera was prepared, went in the water, worked for 10 minutes then shut off.

Got out of the water, opened the camera, and water came pouring out of the bay.

The camera was never more than 2 feet below the water, all instructions were followed (IE making sure the bay on the camera was locked etc..) the camera was not dropped, did not hit anything etc...

Since I am on vacation, I can't even return it immediately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, insufficient indoor picture quality, September 11, 2012
Despite the nice design and the effective shock proofing of the camera, the FUJIFILM FinePix XP20 turned out to be not waterproof at all. In addition indoor picture quality was poor under all settings.
Unclear how Fujifilm can bring such a camera on the market, advertising attributes it clearly does not possess.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little camara, March 11, 2012
I used my Fuji Finepix XP20 for underwater movies of the Great Barrier Reef and found it to be perfectly waterproof for all my snorkaling trips. The shots were great and clear on the underwater setting. I had no problems at all. It took a bit of practice on my part to learn how best to use it but after a few goes I found it easy. I was very pleased with the results from this inexpensive underwater camara.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it's meant for, July 14, 2011
I own a wide range of cameras and the idea of having a relativity cheap camera that can go adventuring with me,i.e. to the beach, pool, rock climbing, etc. without the worry of ruining it is great! The controls take getting used to and the first day or so. Until the controls are mastered the camera didn't seem to offer the best pictures. With practice they got better. Also, at times, the more zoomed in, the more blurry some pictures seemed. The screen is also hard to see with the sun glare when out at the beach which may attribute to this. Overall, for the price of the camera, as long as you are looking for something to take with you where you can't/shouldn't take your "good" digital camera, this is worth it. It is not meant to be everyday use or to replace your current camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great, November 19, 2013
I think this is a good camera. I do not think it is waterproof and do not want to test it. Because if my theory is correct then its a headache for me to replace it. I really don't need it for underwater applications but may use it in the rain or in moist environments. I also think that the battery goes quickly for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally great for us!, October 31, 2013
I have a 4 year old an 1 1/2 year old when I purchsed this we were heading to the beach for a vacation... I knew I needed something that would withstand my kids trama. This has been a fantastic purchase for us because it has been submerged under water, rolled in sand, dropped on many occasions and is still functioning and taking great photos. I highly recommend this camera for people whose children like to snatch up electronics like mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 2, 2014