Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm X10 12 MP EXR CMOS Digital Camera with f2.0-f2.8 4x Optical Zoom Lens and 2.8-Inch LCD
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 27, 2016
This camera so far has exceeded my expectations. The quality of the images that this camera takes is excellent, really love the panorama feature of this camera. It is solid in construction, and just the right size for traveling.
on April 17, 2012
I own this camera as well as the X100. I was a bit concerned when reading about this camera with the orb issue but after using it practically, it doesn't seem to happen too often for what I use this camera for. In any case, Fuji has said that there will be repairs in the near future to fix the issue.

That being said, this little camera is great! It takes great pictures and in EXR mode it really becomes fool proof so I can hand it to anyone and expect to see good results with the pictures. This camera also gets very good comments from people when they see it!

UPDATE: So I sent in my camera to Fujifilm for the orb recall and to my surprise Fujifilm sent me a brand new camera with an updated sensor! What a great company to recognize and react!
on December 8, 2013
Great camera but B&H Photo selling it for $299.00. Will Amazon match this price? I need two for gifts but I'll go to B&H rather than pay $419.00 here. Love you Amazon but not enough to pay you $240 more.
on January 20, 2013
We first saw this camera while on a cruise last year and it was an immediate must have and we have not been disappointed. It is simple and the photos are unbelievable. We use it for all kinds of photos and are amazed at the quality of the photos and ease of use.
on March 27, 2014
Great camera, great in low light, EXR mode works for pretty much every scene and situation I need it for. Not as bulky as a regular DSLR, more substantial and more features than a point and shoot. Great middle ground for a hobby photographer. I use it to take photos of dogs to edt and post online for my dog sitting business.

Good seller too. Highly recommended.
on December 6, 2014
This camera wil bet any of other brands in the range price. Easy to use. Great color and effects. All my friends are jealous when they see the stunning photos it takes, white orbs are not an issue for an amatuer like me. The blur effect is awesome, it will let you take photos like a pro, without effort, but because it achieve the effect with post image processing the quality may be afected, in other words it can not substitute a DSLR.
on December 1, 2012
This is really well-made and takes great photos. It also shoots 1080p video. I chose it as it's one of the few non-SLR cameras left that still has an eye-piece to look through. I also enjoy shooting two-handed. The styling is interestingly retro and the case that comes with it suits it nicely.
...just a great camera.
on November 10, 2011
I'm glad to wait for this wonderful device. X10 quickly replaces my old Canon point and shoot camera and Nikon DSLR.

Pros
- lightweight and compact
- zoom lens (no cranky zooming sound. Smooth)
- instant power on by rotating the zoom lens (brilliant idea!!)
- Out-focusing is possible (ADV menu)
- HD video recording (with zooming function)
- Nice-looking surface and classic & retro design
- No mechanic shutter sound, unlike micro four-thirds.

Cons
- Viewfinder does not have any indicator.
- Not comfortable when holding it for a long time
- (low-level) zooming noise is recorded when using the zooming function in video recording
- third-party filters cannot be placed on the lens, without an adapter ring (, which is not currently available in the U.S. market.)

Overall, it's a joy to take photos with X10.
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2014
I wouldn't even know where to start. I love this camera. I am not the most tech savvy photographer, I prefer to keep it simple. It doesn't display shooting info in the viewfinder, a quirky characteristic you later just learn to love.
on January 4, 2013
Normally I shoot with Canon DSLR with good quality lenses. Want a go-everywhere camera without the weight. I know image quality and low-light would suffer a bit and am willing to compromise for portability. I read the reviews from Amazon & DPReview and been testing the following cameras. They are top candidates in the "enthusiast" compact category.

Sony RX100
Olympus XZ-2
Canon G15
Fuji X10

Based on reviews and before I got my hands on any of these, I was sure Sony RX100 would beat out the rest. Price wasn't that much of a factor. At the end I went with Fuji X10. I simply love it, love it. And the main reason is that gorgeous Fuji color straight from jpeg. The color rendering is top-notch. Photos are realistic and when you look at it, there's certain magic that makes you feel you're right there inside the photo. A lot has to do with the pleasing Fuji color. What can I say, I'm now a convert for that "Fuji Color" people talk about so much. The other cameras produce nice photos but the color rendering can't match the Fuji, unless you want to shoot raw, convert, & post process. For jpeg, the Fuji really speaks to me.

The other cameras within this group are all very very good as well. In fact if my top criteria is image quality at the pixel-level, Fuji X10 would not have been the winner. But these are small sensor compacts (one can argue wether or not Sony RX100 has "small" sensor) and I don't plan on blowing up the prints or looking critically at pixel-level. The Sony Rx100 definitely has the best image quality due to its bigger sensor. Fuji X10 can't match due to its smaller sensor but it's still very good. This is true at the wide-angle end. In the telephoto end, Sony RX100 loses its edge and I don't see the benefit of the bigger sensor compared to others in this group. In fact it's slightly worse because of the narrow aperture (F4.9 at 100mm). The other 3 cameras stay fast & wide even in the telephoto end.

Also related to color rendering, the Fuji has the best auto white balance. This is very evident indoor under artificial lighting. The Sony Rx100 & Olympus XZ-2 would turn out very orangy and warm photos with auto wb. Canon G15 is good, and Fuji X10 turns out great looking, bright, & well-rendered indoor shots. Of course one can change the wb setting or even use custom wb. That would take away the shooting experience with extra steps and slow things down. Outdoor conditions, all these cameras do well with auto wb.

This camera is a joy to use. I like the ergonomics and plethora of manual buttons for fast access to lots of shooting options. The viewfinder is ok, not great, because it gives no shooting info. But it's still useful under bright outdoor conditions. On the negative side, occasionally the auto focus would hang and not work. It turns out a few out of focus shots for no reason (others online also report this). All in all, it's just a great camera. Would have love the image quality from Sony RX100 with the color rendering from Fuji X10. THAT would be my dream!