Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm XP170 Compact Digital Camera with 5xOptical Zoom Lens - Orange
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 5, 2013
Perfect camera for taking on a vacation! Inexpensive yet high quality unit that takes great pictures, even takes wonderful pictures underwater. If you have a Wifi capable tablet, download the Fujifilm app to transfer photos to your mobile device, I'd also recommend getting an additional battery to avoid any downtime waiting on the battery to charge.
on June 7, 2013
I was debating between buying a waterproof camera or a big bulky device for my Nikon D90 and I'm so glad I chose this. We have done so much with it on our vacation in just 2 days that it's already justified the purchase. No issues with leaking and I've taken it all over Discovery Cove and done underwater pics and movies. No regrets here! Off to the water park tomorrow and I don't have to worry about the camera at all!
on April 17, 2013
Good quality photos, good video in well lit areas. Quality gets grainy if the lighting is poor but it has a built in light, I haven't had a chance to use the underwater feature. My only complaint is that it doesn't come with the HDMI cable to connect to the TV and and you an HDMI mini adapter.
on April 30, 2013
Love all the features of this!! :) the wireless image transfer is great!!! Takes great pics above and below water. Takes good videos underwater also. Perfect camera!!!
on September 4, 2013
I originally bought this camera for an Aruba vacation. Couldn't wait to use it snorkeling! On the third day of our vacation, before our snorkel excursion, while in the water with my family, I had a "Memory Card Error". The camera wouldn't take a picture, even though this was a brand new memory card. I got out of the water, dried the camera off completely and opened the door to the memory card and found my memory card to be wet. Needless to say, the memory card was ruined and I had no others with me. For the rest of my Caribbean vacation, I had no pictures. I called Fuji and was told to return the camera and memory card and both would be replaced. After waiting 5 weeks, I received the same exact camera back and was told that it was tested and found to be "fine". I then put the camera into a bowl of water for 20 minutes and once again, found water inside the door of where the memory card goes. I then called again and was told I probably had water on my hands that got into the camera when I opened it. I was told to send it back once again to have it tested. But if it was found to be "fine" again, it would be sent back to me. I then returned the camera to the store where it was purchased and got my money back. DO NOT buy this camera!!! This was a horrible experience and I would NEVER buy a Fuji again. The Service/Repair department and rude and tell you whatever it is they think you want to hear. If you do buy this camera, don't assume it is waterproof, because it just might not be!!
on May 2, 2013
I have noticed that quite a few of my photos aren't quite as sharp as I would like them to be. Also still trying to play around with the settings so I can get items in shadows to show up more. Overall, still like the camera. Haven't tried it in water yet. Mainly got it for the ruggedness.
on December 23, 2013
I love this little camera. I took it with me on my travels to Asia. It was perfect. Small enough to fit in my pocket and not weight me down. I took panoramic pics, pic at the beach in the water. Yes it is water proof, I even dropped it a few times by accident of course and it still works like a champ. This was money well spent.
on September 1, 2013
Ok, I am no camera expert but had been taking my time and doing the research when Amazon had killer deal on this one. Does everything and works great. No gps features. Can send photos to smartphone but not directly to web. Clous storage would be the best but the they wouldnt sell any memory would they....
on June 27, 2013
We bought this camera and was impressed with the size of the camera, photo options, and the zoom.

The charger is not that great, due to the fact that the prongs do not fold down, so this can take up room in your travel bag, they can be removed from the charger, but you still have this awkward "T" prong that can't be neatly tucked away.

CONS:

Camera leaked on the 2nd use (day of trip). What a POS!! took video and pictures in water, beach etc (picture quality is ok - bit washed out).

On the 2nd day - the camera was in my bathing suit pocket in the pool. pulled it out to take a video and some picture - got a few shots off then "Memory Card Error" came across screen. turned it off and on - still got the error message. Then it would not shut off at all. had to take out battery and memory card. I notice that they were a little wet, and then I saw condensation on the lenses and lcd screen.. GAME OVER.

even though there are 2 locks on this camera, and one can not be closed without the other being latched - it still leaked.

I just returned my camera, or will have to use Credit Card protection. I don't want Fuji to repair this - if it breaks after 2 days of use... I have no faith the company will give me a camera that last. not fun to have your camera die during your trip.
on October 6, 2013
I got a week out of this camera. I did get some good photos from it after spending the whole week in the Ocean. It's rubber seals failed. It has a pretty decent 2 stage locking system and I used it as it is intended. When I got home I opened it up to get the card out and everything was wet in it. Ruined the battery, but the card worked enough to recovery my pics. Ordered a new battery to see if the camera can be salvaged.

See 1 answered question