Questions & Answers
Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 Color Mobile Scanner
by Fujitsu
4.6 out of 5 stars (139)
$399.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 questions
votes
It works fine with PP12 under Vista x32. However, I cannot get Windows 7 x64 to "see" the ScanSnap.
Oct 18, 2009 by BuddMaxx1017
votes
Yes they do, I have it running on Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
Jan 7, 2009 by Victor Dozal
votes
I have the exact same problem, did you have any luck with a fix?
Jul 25, 2011 by bgmix
votes
how big is the drive that holds your "My Documents" folder? if you are scanning multiple, colour, double-sided pages at high quality resolution you may end up with a single doc that will take 100MB+...
Jun 11, 2009 by ig
votes
Nope - no handwriting recognition/transcription on Scansnaps. At least not on the S300 or discontinued S510 models. The OCR is used only to take the scanned images (all scans with these scanners are as images) and convert the text to searchable text. Evernote has handwriting recognition, though I haven't used it much and don't know how accurate it is. I believe that Microsoft OneNote 2007 also can do this; OneNote 2010 might be improved over the previous version. Scansnap is not very good at all for document organization. As a matter of fact it is pretty poor. E.g., you cannot import any other documents (PDF) and have them made searchable; only that which was scanned with the Scansnap. So if you have a lot of PDF documents already you would have to scan them all over again. Also, Scansnap doesn't allow you to use Paperport with it, like most scanners do. Jim
Nov 8, 2010 by James McGowan
votes
I had the same question. The Fujitsu website says it does. See link below. Rick http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/s1300.html
Apr 20, 2010 by R. Lee
votes
I have the S510 model. With it I've had luck with setting the scanner for black and white (under the scanning tab), then going to the options button on the same tab, and adjusting the the brightness. For this to work, the box for text only must be un-checked. I find the higher the resolution used, the better the result. Remember, I'm using the software for the S510, so I'm not sure what your sofeware looks like. Hope this helps.
Jan 26, 2010 by Nom DePlume
votes
I believe there's a separate model for Macs. Try a search here for: scansnap mac
Jul 1, 2009 by P.Broadnax
votes
Yea, you can select different "profiles" with settings like resolution, simplex vs duplex, color vs b&w.
Jul 1, 2009 by S
votes
I checked the specifications on the Fujitsu website, the data sheet says it has a capacity of ten pages. No information as to how it drops out the other end, but my guess is the pages just pile up.
Apr 24, 2009 by Bruce W. Mccaskey
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers