Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 versus Neat Receipts for Mac I'm trying to decide between the Fujitsu and Neat Receipts but can't find a succinct comparison of these two scanners. I have a Mac with OS 10.7 (Lion). My priorities are speed of Automatic Document Feeder and quality of resulting .pdf's. I've tried several scanners from all-in-one printers, and they usually produce 1) poor quality .pdf's and/or 2) .pdf's with such a large file size that they're useful for sharing via email or course management software (I'm a teacher).

So basically, I need something with which I can scan multiple (20-30) pages at a time and easily upload to a website or send via email. Which is the more cost-effective? I'm willing to pay more for good software, quality SMALL FILE SIZE .pdf's, and ease of use.

Help!
asked by K. Vander Lugt on February 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
First, look at the sales rankings on Amazon and take them seriously. Notice the reviews of the Neato and it's enough to put you on to the Fujitsu with great speedo. And when it's a significant number of reviews, like way up in the double digits, you know they haven't been skewed by company reps, etc. But I've just found a review of a Canon personal scanner--the Formula P150--that ranks it above the Fuj. 1100 and 1500. The haven't reviewed the Fuj. 1300, but in my mind Canon trumps Fujitsu, just as Fujitsu trumps Neato (except perhaps in television hype).
Caponsacchi answered on March 28, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have purchased the Neat Desk and the S1500M. They are both great little machines, but for the application you mentioned I suggested going with the Fujitsu. Obviously, I bought the desktop models but the main difference I found is that the Neat Desk takes a long time thinking about how to organize pages of information. It is great for receipts, business cards, etc but the Fujitsu is much faster when just scanning piles of papers. I am purchasing this smaller S1300 as a second office scanner since it is smaller and will not be used as much. I have used the S1500 to scan years of files so I can shred the paperwork and it is fast and efficient. We have eliminated many file cabinets as well as big notebooks and it is wonderful freeing up all that space. By the end of the year I hope to be entirely paperless!
Madisonville Public Library answered on May 31, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was hoping for the same comparison...anybody willing to weigh in?
Thanks!
Greta Beekhuis answered on March 8, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product