5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and Convienant light were I need it!
Published on November 3, 2011 by Dollyknickers

3.0 out of 5 stars Fulcrum vs Carson lamps: identical (almost) but not equal
Published on June 11, 2012 by E. Faller

3.0 out of 5 stars Fulcrum vs Carson lamps: identical (almost) but not equal, June 11, 2012
E. Faller (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fulcrum 20073-101 Multiflex LED Desk Magnifier Lamp (Tools & Home Improvement)
Having used a floor stand magnifying light, I found I needed something for the table top and bought 2 different models from Amazon: the Fulcrum and the Carson. Functionally, they are both fine, and do what they advertise. Interestingly, they are identical lamps, except that: 1) the Carson lamp says "Carson" on the base while the Fulcrum is blank, 2) the Carson lamp comes with an adaptor included while the Fulcrum does NOT, and last but not least, 3) the Carson is less expensive, especially as the adaptor is extra cost/not included for the Fulcrum. So my vote is for the Carson!
I most often use the battery option in the Carson which makes it totally portable, and adds a little more weight to the base.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and Convienant light were I need it!, November 3, 2011
When I was looking for a light with a magnifier, I found very few that met my needs. I needed a compact desk top unit with a large magnifier that sat on the desk and not clamp on. The price had to be reasonable too. This seemed to meet all my needs but when I received it, I was surprised it was battery operated! It is even more fantastic!! I was able to use this with ease at a doll show and for long hours. The light is bright, the goose neck it easy to adjust, the bottom weight is perfect, the magnifying glass is very good and even has an extra little circle of higher magnification, great for working with beads. I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants and needs a magnifying lamp for crafts!

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job well, November 30, 2011
the magnifier is very clear and large to work with. The 6X zoom spot is really nice and clear too.
Arm bends easily, but not too flimsy. Base holds it's weight well - tilted the arm all the way to the ground and the base never budged. LED light is not bright...if you want a brightly lit lamp this is not for you. It's just barely adequate. Has an AC power option, but make sure the limit is 400mA and 4V. Easier to just use batteries and with LED will likely last a very long time with the batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for engineers, July 2, 2012
I purchased this lamp to aid in a few electrical projects I've been working on, mainly soldering small parts. This lamp is little use, the x2 focal distance is way too short to get small tools or a soldering iron between, forget about the x6. The two led lights are weak and produce too much shadowing. Lesson learned, I should have spent the extra money and brought a professional solder bench lamp.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 6, 2011
samsgang "Sam" (Swampscott, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This lamp runs only on battery and the way it is constructed does not give off much light. The magnifier works when specifically targeted to the task. I have not had much luck using it for reading a book which was my reason for the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great though., January 22, 2012
All in all, I'm not unhappy with the purchase. From what I had read online this is exactly what I was looking for. It just fell a little short from my expectations.

This item doesn't come with a power cable. Battery power only (3 AA), unless you purchase a power cable separately.

The two LED lights provide a good quality light. I just wish they covered a larger area.

The neck is easily adjusted to the angle you need it. User guide mentions that adjusting too quickly, applying too much force, or adjusting to too sharp of an angle can separate wires to the LED lights.

Magnifying lens is a good size and has a smaller circle with higher magnification.

Base has a good weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS LAMP, February 11, 2011
THIS IS THE BEST LAMP FOR ME. IT IS LIGHT AND EASY TO BRING WHERE-EVER i GO.
I CAN FREELY DO MY CRAFTS AND WIRE WORKS WITH EASE BECAUSE I CAN SEE SO WELL WITH
THIS LAMP. I CAN READ MY MAGAZINES AND WHEN FINISHED, I CAN LEAVE IT WHERE I
LEFT IT BECAUSE IT IS SMALL. IT HAS A GOOSE NECK WHICH IS REALLY HANDY. I AM
NOT SORRY ONE BIT THAT I BOUGHT THIS AND IT BEATS HAVING THE HEAVIER KIND WHERE
YOU HAVE TO PLUG IN, THEN YOU ARE LIMITED WHERE YOU CAN USE IT. DON'T HSITATE TO
BUY THIS LAMP. THE PRICE IS WORTH IT ALL.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, February 20, 2013
Perfect desk sized lamp with lighted magnifier - extremely flexible and works well for needlepoint work (for short periods of time). If you are a hard core stitcher like me you might want to consider a lamp that comes with electrical option. While this one comes with a plug-in for electric, no adapter comes with it and I haven't found one to fit. I actually go through three AA batteries every other day, which gets spendy after a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, January 6, 2012
I bought the magnifier lamp for my wife as a Christmas present. It is just perfect for what she wanted. She can now see to thread needles, work on stitching and remove splinters from fingers and hands.Quality and size seems to be good. The little circle of a higher power magnifying lens inside the big one is a plus. I would purchase this item again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect...just what I needed!, April 13, 2013
I can't say enough good things about this desktop magnifier. It's lightweight, easy to flip over to replace the 3 AA batteries. The base has enough weight to allow the magnifier to be bent far forward, with the bottom edge level with the base, with no inclination to tip over. The optics are good, magnification is clear with no distortion, and the 6x inset at the top is very handy without getting in the way of the larger 2x view. The light is bright, slowly dimming as the batteries lose charge but right back up to par with new batteries. (I heeded the warnings of other buyers about the leads breaking when the neck is flexed too sharply. I bent it into a useful position when i put it on desk, and have not moved it, so I have had no problem with the light.)

Due to working in a manufacturing environment, I first looked for a desktop magnifier in an industrial supplier's website. Too big, too bulky, many were clamp-ons, all lighted ones were corded, and all pricey. So I searched here on Amazon and found this one.

After buying and using one at home, I liked it so much that I got my employer to buy one for my desk at work. (Though I would have bought it myself if necessary, the price is very reasonable.) It provides just the help these aging eyes need. My co-worker, who often has to inspect samples of the components we make, tried mine and then got one for himself to replace the corded industrial magnifier, with its' hot lamp, that was on his desk. He is also very satisfied with the magnification and the light intensity, and particularly appreciates the cool light since he often has it on for extended periods.

This is not a magnifier intended for reading a book, or magazine or newspaper - not "leisure" reading. But when you need to see something that is just too small for your eyes, or ordinary reading glasses, to make out, it's great.