'good read and exciting throughout the book. unbelievalbe twist and turns and wonderful ending. author pulled one over on me thought i knew how it would end. finally an alfred hitchcock suprise ending.
Published 22 months ago by silkjuly

3.0 out of 5 stars O_o
I like that it wasn't so predictable but it was a little cheesy in the romance department, I found some parts a little disturbing but I liked it.
Published 10 months ago by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FULL CIRCLE - EXCITING ENDING - UNBELIEVBLE TWISTS. GOOD READ AND YOU WILL NOT GESS THE END. SURPRISED AND PLESED WITH THE END., January 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, April 9, 2014
This is an amazing book. As I read, I could feel myself feeling sad and mad at the same time, especially when I thought that he was probably the long lost loved brother, ( that wasn't doing it for me).
I could not put this book down I really wanted to know what was happening. A really good book.
I would recommend it to anyone. Enjoy, I sure did!

4.0 out of 5 stars Whew!!, January 11, 2013
I just knew I had figured out what the ending was going to be and I was aghast. But I was wrong. There was definitely suspense surrounding Diana and Robert's intertwined pasts. They did have that bond and chemistry that was all consuming after first meeting; which is not often found in real life so some readers need character development to justify an instant intense chemistry (as made reference to in one of the earlier reviews).

It was a good read and kept me anticipating the end. I'm glad its not exactly the scenario I thought it was. The story has a happy ending which most times I tend to expect and look forward too. It is happy in the sense that Diana accomplished what she set out to accomplish with a few surprises along the way. You do have to make inferences about the final ending between Diana and Robert. But Diana's journey to Jamaica was worth the trip. And the facts about Jamaica all seemed to be right (mentions of certain dishes, music artists, etc.) It was worth $1. I don't want to spoil the twists and turns of the story, but you can't go wrong for 0.99 cents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Beginning, November 23, 2010
This review is from: Full Circle (Paperback)
Diana Boyd was rescued, according to her grandmother, from terrible living conditions in Jamaica after the death of her mother. Before she was taken to the States to be raised by both her father and grandmother, Diana made a promise to two of her siblings to always hold them close and stay in touch. However, in Full Circle by author Brenda Barrett, returning to the place of promise can hold more secrets than assurance of good things.

Looking forward to a break from school and the watchful eyes of her grandmother and father, Diana had plans to relax and find her long-lost siblings who she had not seen since they were all small children. Ignoring the warnings from her grandmother not to open closed doors, Diana began her search while enjoying the distraction of her aunt's handsome neighbor, Robert Cassidy.

The more Diana uncovered about her siblings with Robert's help, the secrets about her life and those that involved her siblings came to light; one in particular that was most disturbing and could cause her relationship with Robert to change drastically. Would returning to her beloved birth place and renewing relationships with her siblings be what Diana truly needed, or will it prove to be the warning from her grandmother that should have been heeded?

I enjoyed reading Full Circle because of the passion in which the author told the story, and the questions concerning family secrets that formed in my own mind. I recommend this book to everyone who loves romance with a Caribbean flavor.

This book was provided to me courtesy of the publisher for review purposes.

Review by Sharel E. Gordon-Love
APOOO BookClub

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read!, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Full Circle (Paperback)
A funny, romantic, suspenseful, mystery--that won't disappoint. This book is addictive. The author is witty, smart, and cunning in how she draws you in. And even though you think you know what is going to happen throughout the book, is that "really" what is going to happen? I haven't been able to put it down, and I'm really eager to find out the answer. Here is a brief beginning to the story.

Is it ever enough to grow up in a loving, financially stable home when you know your birth mother gave you away? You remember her. She was very pretty and wore her hair in a long braid. You remember five of your brothers and sisters; the other two were gone by the time you were born. Even though there was never enough food or money, there was love there; and that is truly the place you remember as home--your beginning.

Diana Boyd's grandmother told her not to go back to Jamaica. She warned her! She said she would only get hurt digging all that mess back up. Twenty-four year old Diana waved her off explaining her need to find her own history--her own story. So she went.

At the airport, intent on her mission, fate intervened--the most handsome, tall man with gorgeous green eyes approached her. Oh why now . . . she thought. This is no time for a romance; I've got to find out about my family. But, as intent as she was she could not shake him, or even the thought of him. She'd never felt like this before about anyone she'd met. He was so good looking and those eyes of his were so penetrating her energy just drained out her toes and was replaced with a delicious, warm sense of well-being. She just melted when she thought of him and the reasons why she shouldn't just faded away.

Little did she know that Robert Cassidy was so close in Negril, Jamaica. Little did she know what this two month vacation was going to bring to both of them. The passion, the romance, the unanswered questions of Diana's family and home all bring to life a story full of love, fun, fear, and mystery.

Sit back, grab a snack, and get ready for a trip to Jamaica.

*Full Circle was a complimentary gift from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written interracial romance, October 8, 2014
Shannan Harper "ms bookie" (Hazel Crest, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is a stand alone story, about a black woman who was born in Jamacia, comes back to see relatives and meets a man who happens to be white and was raised in Jamacia and they fall in love. I actually thought I had the story figured out, but I realized I was wrong by the time I got to the end of the story. It was a romance mixed with a little mystery, and It was a good interracial romance story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!!, April 24, 2014
I truly enjoyed reading "Full Circle". The storyline was very appealing and surreal. It was difficult to put my tablet down after I began reading. I have read a few books by Brenda Barrett, and have enjoyed every one so far. I have my eye on my next novel by her to add to my list. I appreciate that shr keeps it clean. As a Christian novel reader, it's refreshing to be able to read about adult life without having a guilt trip over the author's choices of words and the pictures painted in my mind while reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, March 31, 2014
Thought I had the ending figured out...I was wrong! Very suprising ending to this book. Great book & a quick read!

3.0 out of 5 stars O_o, January 23, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Home, September 8, 2013
Born in Jamaica in Hanover grew up in Savannah la Mar so this book brings back personal memories in my life

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Full Circle
Full Circle by Brenda Barrett (Paperback - July 14, 2010)
$9.95 $9.45