Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Full House: The Complete Series Collection
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 2, 2015
This is a review of the product content/packaging and not really the TV series as such. Haven't really watched all episodes, but developed a liking for this series when my sister and I binged watched a few years ago.

Just to re-iterate what you perhaps already know - This box set comes in a pretty sturdy cardboard box with 16 individual slim DVD cases holding 2 discs each (32 discs in total). Each DVD case has a nice box art that summarizes the episodes in it. It also has a pretty looking disc art (except the later seasons, 7 and 8). That doesn't take away from the disc quality - both audio and video. The first disc did freeze one time, but hasn't happened since.
on June 24, 2015
This item arrived 2 days before it was slated to (and just one day after I ordered it), so I was pleasantly surprised to see it on my doorstep yesterday. After reading some of the reviews, I decided to do a quick check to make sure I had all the DVDs from all the seasons, as several reviewers noted that they were missing some DVDs and/or had duplicates of others. My only real complaint, and the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because all the seasons had a really nice color DVD, whereas seasons 2 and 8 were really plain and didn't match the rest of the set. It should also be noted that some of the negative reviews were from people who bought this collection and watched it for the first time, and just didn't like the show. So if you know you like the show and just wanted the series, don't be too put off by some of the 1 star ratings. I took a picture of the case next to a soda can for a frame of reference for the size of the collection, as well as a couple of the set itself. Hope it helps; looking forward to watching them!
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 13, 2008
I love "Full House" so when I saw this complete series collection I asked for it and received it as a birthday gift. I didn't own any of the season sets so this was a good buy, as it saved about 50 bucks from buying all of the seasons separately. If you own most of the seasons already, don't purchase this (unless you think the box design is really cool, like me); it just packages all of the seasons together. There are no extras; no extra features disc or booklet. I recommend just purchasing the rest of the seasons separately if you already own more than half of them. As for the features, this does contain the unaired pilot, a few trivia episodes, a couple of special featurettes, and commentary on a few episodes from executive producer/writer/creator Jeff Franklin. It also has an episode guide and interactive menus so you can easily access what you want to watch. For those who complain about the lack of special features, this show was in production from 1987 to 1995. They were not planning on releasing the series on VHS, let alone DVD. Shows in production now are planning on DVD releases so they specifically create features for this purpose while filming episodes. Just enjoy the features that are included, and if you really want to know behind the scenes tidbits look up the show on wikipedia. If you want bloopers, just find them on youtube. And if you love "Full House" purchase this collection. You won't be disappointed!
on August 6, 2007
If you are an avid "Full House" fan and/or a "child of the 90's" who watched the show regularly while it was on the air, then chances are pretty good that you have been loyally collecting the DVD's as they have been released season-by-season (at a remarkably quick pace, I might add). The individual sets have maintained a very reasonable selling price--no more than $22 or $23 at most places--so if you've grown up as a Tanner fan, then these have probably been tough to pass up.

Now, of course, if you've purchased the first 6 seasons and are patiently waiting for the last two, now you have another decision to make. Will you simply buy seasons 7 and 8 individually once they come out, or will you cave in to this deluxe full-series edition that has been penciled in for a November 2007 release? For some, it will be worth placing on your Christmas list this year, but for others, they will have no problem keeping the sets that they have already begun collecting. When these DVD companies go for the appealing "complete series" gift sets that are treated to more efficient packaging and (sometimes) garnished with some new special features, it's basically a matter of preference--and in many cases, it's tough to say no.

As for me, I am happy with the season sets that I have now, and I am looking forward to picking up the last two, so I don't plan on shelling out over $200 for this (partly because I also have my eye on a similar release being planned for "Gilmore Girls"). However, if you love "Full House" and think you would enjoy owning this, then it looks like it might be a decent investment. Again, the specifics on the bonus features are still unknown, and although I personally don't expect that they'll add anything new for this collection, I suppose anything is possible. Some things to look for, though, include a fancy episode guide, cast photos from over the years, and things along those lines.

If you're reading this, then you most likely know the premise of this show, but in short, it is a sweet, simple, and deliciously saccharine story of a widowed father who enlists in the help of his best friend and rock-n-rollin' brother-in-law to help him raise his three daughters, who ranged from infancy to age 10 when the series premiered in 1987. You've got superachieving oldest daughter DJ, perky middle child Stephanie, and the ever-adorable (yet occasionally bratty) Michelle, the "baby of the family," if you will, whose cute smile and professionally scripted catch phrases (think "You got it dude" and "Whoa baby") made young actresses Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen a necessary staple in the show's success.

Beyond the antics and plights of the growing Tanner kids, "Full House" maintained the attention of its target audience by producing sensitively written stories, with a twinge of humor and family-oriented messages sprinkled in each 30-minute episode. The three leading men (played by Bob Saget, John Stamos, and Dave Coulier) always worked well together, and as a slew of new characters gradually found their way into the plot, the charm was never lost.

Let's face it, though--there are a lot of people who will gladly take any opportunity they can find to bash this show, and if you've watched any of the episodes, you can probably guess what they don't like. The good news, however, is that given the impressive 8-year run that "Full House" achieved--as well as the plentiful television reruns and remarkable success in DVD sales--the critics' opinion just doesn't matter. If you have enjoyed this show, then the soupy plot threads and themes of family unity are probably right up your alley. There's no reason to be ashamed of it; this was a great series, filled with memorable performances, a youthful spirit, and a genuine wholesomeness that you can proudly watch with the whole family. It's nice that there is still something out there that children can see--something that can send out a positive message, reminding them that those common human values are still important.

With that being said, if the idea of having "Full House" immortalized on DVD sounds good to you, then you might want to save up for this set. Even if you've started buying the other sets and just like the idea of having this special edition collector's item, then go ahead--start setting aside your money, or ask for it when Christmas rolls around (hard to believe that time of year is arriving once again). Either way, this is a show that is certainly worth remembering, and if you're looking for something that satisfies your need for both humor and poignancy, there is perhaps nothing that fits the bill better than this!
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2016
I LOVED Full House when I was a kid. It was very rare that there was a good quality show that had main characters that were my age (I'm only a couple of years younger than Candace Cameron.) This, along with Family Matters and Boy Meets World, were the exceptions. Great lessons, acting that was cheesy but a lot of fun, and comfort. This has always been one of my big comfort shows.

With the new sequel show, Fuller House coming out in a few weeks, I wanted to see the old episodes....not that the show isn't on 20 times a day as it is, but being able to watch it whenever I want is really great.

This set came out a few years ago, in a box shaped like the house (though it had a pointed roof when the actual house has a flat roof. meh), but this is actually much better. The contents are the same, but this house is much better because it has a picture of the cast on the front.

The dvds are in clear, slim cases, two discs to a case. I haven't watched much of the episodes as of yet, but the few that I have watched are great quality for being filmed on video tape just about 30 years ago. I didn't see any artifacts or compression...that I noticed. Even the unaired pilot with a different actor in place of the well known Bob Saget is in just about perfect condition. It was really weird, but cool, to see the episode with a different actor in the part. The lines are the same, though a few of the shots have a slightly different angle. It's fun to watch, but doesn't have the same heart that the regular version of the episode does. Bob Saget just emotes better.

The only real downside of this set is that there aren't more special features. I understand that back when the show was made, there wasn't really that much of a home video market, and so there aren't usually vintage special features to go with the episodes. But I really wish they could have gotten the cast together to make some new commentaries or memory documentaries. I do know that the cast hangs out from time to time, so it should have been easy to do. Oh, well. Considering that the show is so amazing and the enjoyment you get from it, lacking commentaries is a minor grievance. If you are in any way a fan of the late 80s and early 90s, especially the tv programs, you should pick up this set. It's well worth the price.
on March 19, 2016
This rating is based on the packaging and delivery. Obviously the show is great, that's why I bought it.

The box came as shown. Mine came a little dented although not enough to return. Inside the box are all seasons. Each season has 4 discs (2 per case). I think the series could have been condensed a little more but I do think it's a nice presentation.
on March 30, 2016
After watching "Fuller House", I decided that I wanted to go back and watch the original show from the very beginning. Instead of buying the different seasons separately, this was the better deal.

Relive all of the crazy moments of "Full House" with this nice boxed set. It even includes the un-aired pilot of the show!!
on April 9, 2015
Every season of Full House in one collection, for a fair price? What more could an 80s and 90s kid wish for? The packaging seems really sturdy and can be used for display when the DVDs are not in use. I particularly enjoyed watching the unaired pilot with the different actor playing Danny. It was interesting to see how that actor interacted with the rest of the cast. He seemed more at ease with the script than Bob Saget was (both pilots were word for word, so I assumed it was written with the other guy in mind). I've only watched a couple episodes so far, as I've been busy. This collection would be great for a rainy or sick day marathon.
on March 24, 2016
I love this show so much!! If you love this show I suggest that you buy it. It's a really good price. All the disc are in this set unlike what others have said, and I have not had any problems with any of the disc not playing. Every thing is perfect. I really suggest that you buy it, if you love the show. Also there are lots of extra features in this set.
review image review image review image review image
on July 2, 2015
We are only through the first ten episodes. I am happy with the box and the whole set coming that is awesome. I guess I had forgotten about some of the issues they dealt with in those early episodes. Jessie has a lot of interesting girlfriends and says hell several times. I guess it just surprised me a bit because we were going to watch with our 8,6,4 and 2 year old. I just want to warn anyone with really little kids. We will still be watching them with our kids because it is such a great show and I am so happy to be able to share this with my kiddos. I can't wait to watch the kids "grow up" again