5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars is not enough
Since the first word of the book till the last one you will be hooked to this book, although I didn't read the first book (and I will read it) while reading it you won't have any doubt of why Melody hated or loved her team persons.
Published on January 18, 2005 by Jorge Frid

3.0 out of 5 stars Full Pursuit
Published on March 31, 2005 by AK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars is not enough, January 18, 2005
This review is from: Full Pursuit (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
I don't know how real is life within bigot organizations, but everything I've read is like what is written in this book so I think that Melody's experience in that camp could be true.
Another interesting thing in this reading is that JC puts all government people as they really are, sometimes human, sometimes selfish and most of the time ruthless but she does that without pushing too much the trait of every character.
Definitely I'll look forward to reading more of JC's books and I'll recommend her as a very good writer.

So for me this book deserves six stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Full Pursuit, March 31, 2005
This review is from: Full Pursuit (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
Unit One, the highly classified group of operatives who defend the US from things the more public agencies can't combat, may have finally asked too much of Melody Beecham. Her latest assignment involves going undercover at a religious cult and seducing a man she does not know. Moreover, she is involved with Nikolai Anwar, and his assignment involves seducing a powerful senator's wife whose daughter belongs to the same cult Melody has infiltrated. While Nik is quite matter of fact about the necessities, Melody can't believe they are expected to do this. Nonetheless, they go their separate ways into the tinderbox of race, religion, and fanaticism.

*** Tension runs at warp speed from beginning to end. This is a book that may well be a cross over novel, bringing in readers who are more suspense fans than romance fans. ***

5.0 out of 5 stars Jasmine Creswell Does it Again, November 15, 2004
Rosa "Bookworm" (Detroit,MichiganUSA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Full Pursuit (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
This second trilogy Full Pursuit it is a nice second finish. Once again Melody finds herself thrust into another situation. Where Unit One wants to recruit for a job. She wants no part until they promise to tell her who her father is. Then she is off to save the world again. Then the excitement really begins. This is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars exhilarating romantic suspense thriller, October 27, 2004
This review is from: Full Pursuit (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
Though she enjoys her assignments working for the top secret Unit One, Melody Beecham has not forgotten that she is a "blackmailed" participant. Her latest project reminds her of the negative side of her work. She is to join the Soldiers of Jordan and, if necessary, seduce the leader Zachary Wharton, in order to spy on their activities; this white supremacist group has plans that will shake the nation if they succeed.

Melody travels to White Falls, Idaho to the campus of the church of the Soldiers of Jordan and gets inside, but her relationship with fellow Unit One operative Nikolai Anwar implodes. Still he remains her solo hope to stay alive in this dangerous undertaking. She knows that a reporter for the Idaho Chronicle died while investigating this sect and two FBI agents were identified and tossed off campus. Someone inside the Feds is feeding Zachary in his "Onward Christian Soldier" war of hate against Islam and Christian moderates; no telling what he would do if he learns Melody's identity.

FULL PURSUIT is an exhilarating romantic suspense thriller that emphasizes the action and tension over the romance though readers will understand how the undercover work has damaged the under cover relationship between the heroic duo. Once the story line resets the key players and moves to Idaho, the pace goes into hyperspeed and never slows down until the final confrontation. The return of Nick and Melody, stars of DECOY, will please fans, but the tale belongs to the villain; a charismatic, brilliant individual who can see beyond the adulation of his followers to know when "serpents" are in his Eden.

Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars love Jasmine, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Full Pursuit (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a series of 3 books that were wonderful; I have read every Jasmine Cresswell book out there and I would recommend any of her books. They are very well written and draw you into the story right away.

3.0 out of 5 stars La Femme Nikita (Series) Ripoff or Homage? (Spoilers), September 13, 2007
This review is from: Full Pursuit (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
If you haven't read the book and are familiar with the series, the next paragraph will be indirectly revealing of one of the novel details.

Unit One/Section One. Melody & Nikolai/Michael & Nikita. Lady Rozlyn/Roberta. Johnston Yates/Mr. Jones. Now these are a little trickier: Mac/Madeline? Sam/Seymour(Birkoff)?

Now don't get me wrong, aside from the almost identical names of the agencies and exceedingly similar two main characters, the supporting characters in the story aren't really like their counterparts in the series except in terms of initials/names and job/position. However, that said, the first 150 pages of the book were so full of LFN allusions, that I was, quite frankly, annoyed. FULL PURSUIT just isn't as good as LFN was (on bad day), and the allusions really just constantly reminded me of that.

The thing that really put it over the top for me was Melody's obsession with her father reminiscent of Nikita's search for her own in the last couple of seasons of the series. And in one internal monologue, Nikolai describes Unit One (in paraphrase) as an malevolent organization that accomplishes its ends no matter what (a al Section One). My immediate reaction was that the author was trying too hard to recreate Section. By the end of the book, I realized I was right. Mac was nowhere near as ruthless as Ops and Madeline. Sam not as clever as Birkoff. Section One took the tact of "it's better to apologize than ask permission." It was no holds barred. Unit One seemed trapped by redtape and at the mercy of politicians.

Anyhow, outside of those first 150 pages and the last 10 or so, the story isn't bad. It had some good pacing and there were moments where I couldn't put it down. But in spite of all that buildup, the payoff was pretty lousy. The ending was anticlimatic, seemed rushed, and came across as a secondary thought.

All in all, the novel reads like a thriller with the romance secondary. Unfortunately, the ending forces the reader to see the whole thriller/action story as an excuse for the romantic story. The author needed a reason to tear these two people apart and then put them back together again. Once they were back together, it was like the author said, "oh, yeah, I gotta end this mystery/conspiracy thing."

I never read the first novel, so this was my introduction to these characters. I have to admit, I didn't like them all that much especially Melody. She came across as santimonious and self righteous, particularly where her father was concerned. Nikolai was more interesting and I was left with wanting to know more about him. Mostly before he met Melody to be honest.

Overall, it's an okay story. The romance seems lukewarm at best. It's more "told" than "shown" which is why if feels secondary. But that could be the function of this being the second novel in a series. The conspiracy angle seems a "stretch". The cult plot point is perhaps the most interesting and perhaps deserved more focus. One aspect that truly annoyed me was the cult leader said his last name was anglicized from the Arabic. I'm familiar with Arabic and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the Arabic would have been. The author never specifies. Given the importance of the leader's background, I think it's a detail that should have been included. On the other hand, I got the feeling the author included the line because it sounded good rather than it being based in reality.

Anyhoo...tactically, Unit One seems a mess. Near the end of the novel, they could rush out a private jet with false Secret Service papers, but no communication units. Not even two cell phones?

LFN fans will probably either love FULL PURSUIT or hate it. Me? I certainly didn't love it. But I didn't completely hate it either. If I had to choose, I'd say I'm indifferent about it.

Full Pursuit (MIRA)
Full Pursuit (MIRA) by Jasmine Cresswell (Mass Market Paperback - November 1, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.01