5.0 out of 5 stars Life, January 19, 2010
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
As I read this series of manga, the more impressed I become. The story continues, and yes I am going to bring out a few spoilers, or at least enough to wet your appetite.

Pride has eaten Gluttony, and now he's after Edward and his "friends". Of course Edward's father shows up and saves the day thanks to a lot of ingenuity on his son's part. (Speaking of Al here.) Of course I've never really taken Edward's father Hohenheim seriously, that is until he gives a very impressive show of skills in alchemy and saves everyone.

Of course I love Edward and how he gets so angry at his father. I can't help laughing at how they are bickering over little things when in the heat of battle. (Even if it's not with words.)

But probably what I loved most about this book is that fact of Colonel Mustang. Even though he's probably going to end up with a "sha-bang" of problems, (and injuries) he is protecting those around him the best he can. (Also not killing! By all mean's wonderful) In truth I believe my favorite character out of this whole series is going to be Mustang.

While this book is beginning the final stages of the final battle, there are still a lot of questions remaining. Not to mention in every section of the fight, it ends with a cliffhanger. (Which I LOVE!!!)

I must say that author Hiromu Arakawa has probably surpassed all my expectation and leaves me intrigued and ready for more. So if you enjoy good stories about good and evil and the paper thin margin between life and death, then this series is a must have! I hope to add this to our library collection as soon as I possibly can.

5.0 out of 5 stars The final battle has begun!, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
The final battle has begun! Ed and Al are now both reunited with their father and with King Bradley out of the picture the rest of the band has begun to make their move in Central. I loved these scenes in particular because they show how far these soldiers have come in this series and it was great to see familiar faces reunited once more. Perhaps more familiar faces than I was originally counting on even! It's also nice to see that the lessons from Ishbala have not been forgotten and while yes they are waging war they are doing so by using all of their considerable skill and training to only injure and not kill their enemies as they initiate the take over. Well almost all of them aren't killing their enemies.

The one thing that totally freaked me out (like there wasn't plenty what with the end of the world being imminent and all) was the dolls. Did I say dolls? That's what they call them but really they are freaky alchemical flesh eating zombies. Yeah. Those get unleashed in this volume too, and if you thought they were freaky when we first saw them a few volumes back, you have not seen anything yet.

Even with everything happening at once it seems there is still plenty of time for suspense. There are still battles yet to come and Ed and Al's father is proving to be a total BAMF in this volume. Being a human philosopher's stone has its perks apparently and the things he can do blows all of the lessons we have learned about alchemy so far out of the water. But will it be enough to defeat the dwarf in the glass? That remains to be seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, December 25, 2012
Donald Brian Fairrel (Mineral Wells, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
This is a tale of suffering and redemption. A beautiful story of two brothers who refuse to give up in spite of everything life has put them through. It is a wonderful story. A tear jerker. A heart warmer. An inspiration. I loved it. The manga is a bit different than the anime. To get the whole picture i recommend getting the blu-ray anime sets along with the manga. Get FMA and FMA Brotherhood as soon as you can. You wont be sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of the end, and new life to the series., March 8, 2011
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
Hiromu Arakawa, Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 22 (ViZ, 2009)

Hohenheim has managed to get Selim (and Al, who sacrificed himself for the cause) into a dome that seals out all light. With nothing else to do, the two of them sit and talk, while outside, things are coming to a climax. Selim, after all, is not without allies in the larger world. Meanwhile, Roy Mustang and his band of rebels are making their presence felt in Central City (and we still have no idea whose side Mustang is actually on, do we?). Arakawa has done a great job ramping up the excitement factor in what she tells us will be the series' final volumes. ****

5.0 out of 5 stars Fullmetal Entering its Final Battle, August 20, 2010
J. Elfstrum (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
22 gets the ball rolling for the end of Fullmetal Alchemist. This manga has been building up for a while and finally things are starting down the final lap.

If you have read Fullmetal and given up, please reconsider till at least after you've read this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid installment to a great series, April 13, 2010
L (SACRAMENTO, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
This volume had some fun twists, and I always love Mustang action. The extras are hilarious as always, and the art and story are still top notch. This definitely remains one of my favorite series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Continuance to the FullMetal Saga, March 11, 2010
Ron Watts (Anacortes, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
I keep hoping that Arakawa will begin to bring closure to this series but it just keeps going. This book, much like the others, is engrossing and entertaining but it did not resolve anything. All of the loose threads in this storyline remain loose threads. I probably will not buy any more of them, because she seems to be unable to complete the series, it just gets more complicated. Life is too short. She should have at least resolved a couple of the threads, but alas, such is not the case. For those who have become addicted and want this thing to go on forever, you will love this book. For those who are looking for some closure (like me) you will be greatly disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand new perfect condition, February 24, 2010
This review is from: Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 (Paperback)
I received my product in a respectable time frame, the book has no dents, marks, or blemishes, perfect condition. Would buy from again

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 22 by Hiromu Arakawa (Paperback - January 19, 2010)
$9.99 $8.67